The Student Room Group

AS Geography Unit 2 AQA - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DavidCrow
Thanks a lot! I did soooooooo much work for Unit 1, so I'm glad it all paid off :^_^:

Sorry about being a few UMS marks away from the A :/ Unit 1 is a lot of work, so I wouldn't resit if I were you, especially as you'll want to be concentrating on your A2 modules. Just work a little bit harder for A2 geography and I'm sure you'll be able to get an A overall. Good luck :smile:

Nope, Unit 1 is the really big theory exam (70%, 2 hours) and Unit 2 is the shorter fieldwork and skills paper (30%, 1 hour). Be prepared to write as fast as you possibly can for Unit 1 - it was by far the toughest of my 14 exams to finish in 2 hours! 120 marks, 120 minutes! My tip for you when preparing for Unit 1 would be to get the AQA book, Phillip Allan brown book and CGP book - make notes from them all with reference to the AQA specification as each book does miss things out. For unit 2, do your fieldwork, buy the Phillip Allan Unit 2/4 revision guide and answer all the fieldwork questions in the table out of there, looking at mark schemes from the past papers online to check and see if you're doing it correctly, and for skills, learn the chapter at the back of the Phillip Allan brown book. Good luck with it all :smile:

I'm definitely taking note of all that. Thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by FudgeMonkeys
I'm definitely taking note of all that. Thank you so much :biggrin:

Oh yeah do the past papers as well :tongue: :smile:

Oh yeah do the past papers as well :tongue: :smile:

Does it help a lot? I never really bothered doing past papers for GCSE
Original post by FudgeMonkeys
Does it help a lot? I never really bothered doing past papers for GCSE

Yeah it helps an awful lot, especially in the science based subjects which I did, Maths and FM, Geog, Econ and Physics. I would not have scored as highly as I did for AS had I not done them. So, do them :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Yeah it helps an awful lot, especially in the science based subjects which I did, Maths and FM, Geog, Econ and Physics. I would not have scored as highly as I did for AS had I not done them. So, do them :tongue:

I think I'm going to take the sensible advice for once. I'll do them. Probably...
:tongue:
Reply 245
Does anyone on this thread know what an overlay is???
the specification asks that you know what it is :/
Reply 246
Original post by Deceiver
Could I say that drawing my scatter graph is my data presentation and calculating Spearman's rank is my data analysis (taking into account the correlation between amount/prevalence of vegetation and distance inland from foredune - i'm doing dunes)?

Also, if the paper is physical, will it definitely be on rivers?

Yes you can for the above.

The second section of the Unit 2 paper will either be on Rivers or Population.
So do we need to know case studies about rivers and population for Geog 2??
you have a choice on the second section. you should have done two case studies and you can use whichever one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending