The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Driveclub is the first game on PS+ in quite a while that I want to play. It looks amazing. Hopefully it plays well, too.
Anyone tried the Shadow of mordor game yeT?
Original post by AR_95

No but i've seen some videos and read a little bit this morning about it. The nemesis system really is quite interesting, and probably the only reason I personally would play it.
Original post by AR_95

I doubt it here - the game's not yet released in the EU (it's out tomorrow). However, as per my post a couple of days ago (see #9888), I've been *very* impressed by what I've seen of the game and will likely be getting it once the price drops a little.
Original post by Illusionary
I doubt it here - the game's not yet released in the EU (it's out tomorrow). However, as per my post a couple of days ago (see #9888), I've been *very* impressed by what I've seen of the game and will likely be getting it once the price drops a little.

Completely forgot about the release date since I've been um *cough* torrenting * cough* it.
Original post by AR_95
Completely forgot about the release date since I've been um *cough* torrenting * cough* it.

If you want to see more games like it in future you really shouldn't :no: Buy the game and reward the team behind it!
Original post by AR_95

Some food for thought on Shadow of Mordor: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/1/6881161/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-torture-terrorism :holmes:
Original post by Illusionary
If you want to see more games like it in future you really shouldn't :no: Buy the game and reward the team behind it!

I buy all of my PS3 games even though I have the option to torrent most of them on PC. Before I was in school and didn't really find the value of money but now that I'm working part time, I really hate to find that I'm wasting most of a day's wage on a game that is poorly made or just isn't worth the money. I end up torrenting some games to try them out really and if I end up loving them I do end up buying them.

Not that I can say I do this for every game I like :colondollar:

Also cheers for the link. Some how Gamespot/IGN and all the other big names have given it an early review as well
More info on Driveclub: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905048

The attention to detail is insane

All clouds are full 3D models to ensure accurate light diffusion from the sun. They’re calculated at massive distances in a fully volumetric form, so thin clouds cast lighter shadows than dense storm clouds, and their color impacts the feel of the landscapes and cars.
Each location has a draw distance of up to 200km to the horizon and even simulates the curvature of the earth in both skies and terrain. Distant landscapes are built out and fully modelled, instead of “painted on,” to ensure that they support the dynamic, volumetric nature of the skies and lighting.
The Indian track Chungara Lake boasts a 19,000-strong flock of pink flamingos, all behaving independently of each other
In-game, the engine sound reacts to your perspective. Pan around a stationary car gunning its engine and the sound shifts with the camera position (relative to where the engine is). When you race, the engine sounds are different based on which of the six camera views you choose inside or outside of the car. You’re not hearing the same engine audio with a filter it’s all recorded separately. The recordings were so accurate that BMW and Mercedes-Benz AMG requested copies to replace their existing library.

Gran Turismo better be taking note. I'm really hoping the cars are fun to drive.
Original post by Tokyoround
More info on Driveclub: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905048

The attention to detail is insane

Gran Turismo better be taking note. I'm really hoping the cars are fun to drive.

Maybe I will buy the full game after all if the PSPlus gimped version doesn't do enough for me. I had intended on buying project cars instead, but I may end up with both now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, a few months back, I didn't have much interest in Driveclub. It was back when they were only showing time trialling. It didn't look that great. After the last couple videos they've released, I'm much more interested in playing it. I'll try the PSN+ version and see what it's like. If I like it, I'll definitely buy the full version. Project Cars also looks amazing and I'd like to play that when it releases.
Yeah Project Cars also looks amazing. I'm looking forward to a decent driving game to play.
For Drive Club at least, you can't pre download the PS Plus version of the game. Just the full paid for title. Think this will continue for all PS Plus games?
Original post by dhr90
For Drive Club at least, you can't pre download the PS Plus version of the game. Just the full paid for title. Think this will continue for all PS Plus games?

Undoubtedly, due to the way that PS Plus operates. You're only entitled to redeem the games if you have an active subscription at the time that the game is part of the Instant Game Collection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sony has decided to delay the free PS Plus version of drive club use to server issues. No date set for when it will be released. Those who have paid for the game will still get to play it.

Starting to think I'll never end up playing this. Roll on Project Cars!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Delayed because of server issues? Surely they could just block multiplayer access to the PS Plus version? :rolleyes:

A cynical person might suggest that this move could prompt some of the more impatient players to go out and buy the game instead of playing the demo first. :tongue:
Reviews so far are all over the place. Will have to wait and play it myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll wait for the free erosion rater than pay I think. Given the multiplayer is driven by the whole club aspect I'm not sure that would last for most people who are likely to move on.

Having no internet today meant I had the motivation to finish Killzone. Had to use a guide again. Going to trade it in for something, dunno what for though, just didn't feel anything for the story or game in general so I won't keep hold of it for the multiplayer or replays, shame, it will be the first Killzone I haven't kept hold of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just as a heads-up guys, do give Pix the Cat a try. It's pretty much Snake - so brings back some distant Nokia memories - but on steroids! Though I'm not much of a highscore-chaser, I can see how this could get addictive and great fun!
6pm on a weekday - perfect time for PSN maintenance! :borat:

Latest