The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jermaindefoe
is there a list? can i have a link if so plse!

the ratchet and clank psn one mentioned by phalanges is 'the quest for booty' - despite being a psn game it dosnt suffer in terms of graphics or any other game play issues that i found, its just a little shorter than the normal ones, and carries off where the full one that came before it left off (although not sure if there has been a new full one since as its a little old now like the rest of the list)
Reply 141
Original post by Phalanges
What? I would have thought you guys would have discussed this days ago!

Link: http://uk.playstation.com/welcomeback/

PS3 games are 2 from:

Little Big Planet
Wipeout HD
inFamous
Some Ratchet And Clank PSN game
Dead Nation

We did discuss it days ago...I think JD just had an "allow" moment :p:
Original post by Greg1989
wipeout....well if you have played any that came before it then its the exact same but new tracks, better graphics and better well everything lol, if not its essentially a racer with weapons and I think its very good

infamous....one criticism of mine was there is little replay value you in it, once you complete it there is no real appeal to do so again in my oppinion, that said its a very interesting twisty turny plot, with great gameplay - i especially like how you can upgrade his powers to let him zoom along the train lines round the city :biggrin:

I don't really have any racing games, so I figured it might be cool to diversify a little. I already have LBP so then it was really a choice between a full retail game and two that I didn't really have any interest in. Plus shooting lightning at people so looks so much better than in those Star Wars games.

Original post by Greg1989
the ratchet and clank psn one mentioned by phalanges is 'the quest for booty' - despite being a psn game it dosnt suffer in terms of graphics or any other game play issues that i found, its just a little shorter than the normal ones, and carries off where the full one that came before it left off (although not sure if there has been a new full one since as its a little old now like the rest of the list)

My comment wasn't really meant to be derogatory, I just have never played any of the Ratchet and Clank games so I don't know too much about them. :colondollar:
Reply 143
I don't really have any racing games, so I figured it might be cool to diversify a little. I already have LBP so then it was really a choice between a full retail game and two that I didn't really have any interest in. Plus shooting lightning at people so looks so much better than in those Star Wars games.

My comment wasn't really meant to be derogatory, I just have never played any of the Ratchet and Clank games so I don't know too much about them. :colondollar:

I would go for it, as it is a lot of fun :smile: plus if you arnt that great at driving you can make up for it by being good at weapons :colone:

Sorry I didnt meant to imply you were being deregatory about the ratchet and clank one, I just knew the name so thought id throw it in there, and considering what a lot of psn games are like thought it best to say its not like a lot of the others :smile:
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Guess that's pretty good if you don't think use that many minutes. You must be able to get some cashback on top of that from TCB or Quidco surely? :holmes:

Meh, forgot about that. I got some extra cashback out of them though, and I'm not sure that I want to go through the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering now. :colondollar:
Reply 145
Original post by jermaindefoe
nope, sorry. phone pfizer im sure they will have one you can have seeing as over 4000 computers will no longer be in use :biggrin:

:toofunny:

But seriously how badly is Pfizer struggling atm :erm:

So, these free games that are going to be available to download... I'm thinking of getting Wipeout and inFamous, do they seem like reasonable picks?

Yeah good picks, both awesome games...

Original post by Illusionary
Meh, forgot about that. I got some extra cashback out of them though, and I'm not sure that I want to go through the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering now. :colondollar:

:gasp: How could you forget? :p:

So, these free games that are going to be available to download... I'm thinking of getting Wipeout and inFamous, do they seem like reasonable picks?
They're all pretty good, to be honest, if a little old. inFamous in particular is defintiely a good choice.

I'll be getting Wipeot and Ratchet myself, as I've already got LBP and inFamous

Original post by bigmo7
:gasp: How could you forget? :p:
Phone call, busy day, etc... :sigh: Still, I don't think I've done too badly out of it! :smile:
Anyone know how to get portal 2 custom maps onto a ps3?
Original post by imperial maniac

Anyone know how to get portal 2 custom maps onto a ps3?

Not possible, AFAIK. :no: Use your PC Steam copy?

Not possible, AFAIK. :no: Use your PC Steam copy?

:frown: I read that you could get the custom co op maps onto the ps3.

I was just asking so I could play co op maps with my brother, I can play the single player through my laptop easily enough.

:frown: I read that you could get the custom co op maps onto the ps3.

I was just asking so I could play co op maps with my brother, I can play the single player through my laptop easily enough.

Where did you see that?

Quite an old post, though. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that we can't. I'll link you to an official source if I find one. We do get free DLC, at least!

Quite an old post, though. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that we can't. I'll link you to an official source if I find one. We do get free DLC, at least!

Is the DLC free? :biggrin:

I bought the ps3 version and got a free steam copy, which alone seems too good to be true, and free DLC for both platforms?! :O

This is madness. Do valve even want to make any money?

Is the DLC free? :biggrin:

I bought the ps3 version and got a free steam copy, which alone seems too good to be true, and free DLC for both platforms?! :O

This is madness. Do valve even want to make any money?

That's what I just said :p:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1164644p1.html
Reply 155
Got a new monitor :biggrin: now back to Tropico 3 tomorrow, maybe find some custom maps for Portal 2, and they should keep me busy till DNF next month :biggrin:

Edit: I'm not neglecting my PS3, I've been watching blu-rays on it...and a bit of zombies every now and again
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dan?
I'm up for the challenge :biggrin:

Silverworm is my PSN.

OK I'm Gonna Add you now:biggrin: I'll pm you my PSN

What is a phalange? I remember it from Friends, totally random question I know...... :hmmmm2:
I think I might choose Dead Nation:biggrin: So we can all play multiplayer haha
Reply 159
Original post by spikeymike
What is a phalange? I remember it from Friends, totally random question I know...... :hmmmm2:

i think its the name of the bone at the tips of your fingers

Latest