The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Roobsa
What parts of London are you looking at?

Original post by In2deep
Where exactly are you looking? Where is the placement?

Foxtons, Zoopla and Gumtree. I'm working in Central London so I need a flat somewhere near there within 5 miles? As long as it's on a tube route it should be alright, looking to spend around £150/160 pw max tbh...

Is that asking too much? :colondollar:
Original post by bigmo7
Foxtons, Zoopla and Gumtree. I'm working in Central London so I need a flat somewhere near there within 5 miles? As long as it's on a tube route it should be alright, looking to spend around £150/160 pw max tbh...

If you are planning to take the tube then you should deffo widen the radius, maybe 8-10miles, even then you should be able to get to work within 20mins.

Take into account the station which is closest to your workplace, what lines stop there?

If you are planning to use the Underground then plan on what zones you are willing to live in. C. London probably means Zone 1 is where you'll be getting off in the morning, the further away, the more you pay..

Where exactly in C. London (no need to be too specific :tongue:), 5 miles means you'll also live in C.London which is pretty expensive if your placement is exactly at the centre (at least geographically)..

What type of place you looking for? 1 bedroom flat?

I don't mind searching as well, I'm doing the same thing here, but I'm moving just outside London (finally!) :nopity:
Try GTA London, should get you familiar with the location. :cool:
Finished inFamous 2 already. :sigh:

It's a good game but it's pretty easy. On my evil run (on hard) I didn't even reach full karma before the end... I had to go on a bit of a rampage to fill the bar lol. Loved (both of) the ending(s) too. :wink: That's not spoiling too much is it?

Most of the user-generated content is dreadful, though. The level creator is very difficult to use and there's no tutorials or anything, resulting in lots of poorly created missions all over the place. There is a glitch in the game, though, where if you buy abilities in the level creator, it won't cost you any experience. :biggrin:
Reply 1965
Reply 1966
Original post by bigmo7

Sharing a flat that should be OK, or at least renting a room but if you're looking rent alone, you'd be hard pushed to find somewhere within 5 miles that's not a skip down an alley.

The new Overground line is a fairly quick route into central from south London. Might be worth looking down that way - Brockley etc
Anyone up for cod4?
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by Roobsa

The new Overground line is a fairly quick route into central from south London. Might be worth looking down that way - Brockley etc

Agree with you totally. Also, the Overground is a great line that now stretches to almost every corner of the city. I live in West London and it has several stops (one which is a 2 minute walk away :tongue:) here and it goes all the way North as well.
Reply 1969
Original post by In2deep
If you are planning to take the tube then you should deffo widen the radius, maybe 8-10miles, even then you should be able to get to work within 20mins.

Take into account the station which is closest to your workplace, what lines stop there?

If you are planning to use the Underground then plan on what zones you are willing to live in. C. London probably means Zone 1 is where you'll be getting off in the morning, the further away, the more you pay..

Where exactly in C. London (no need to be too specific :tongue:), 5 miles means you'll also live in C.London which is pretty expensive if your placement is exactly at the centre (at least geographically)..

What type of place you looking for? 1 bedroom flat?

I don't mind searching as well, I'm doing the same thing here, but I'm moving just outside London (finally!) :nopity:

I'm working in the Treasury which is a street or two away from Downing Street :colondollar:

I was planning on getting a studio flat but it seems someone wants to share so I might end up getting a 2 bed flat. Also I don't think I could do with living 20 miles away cos getting up really early in the morning is something I can't do :p:

Original post by Roobsa
Sharing a flat that should be OK, or at least renting a room but if you're looking rent alone, you'd be hard pushed to find somewhere within 5 miles that's not a skip down an alley.

Hmmm living by myself is rather appealing, can get super duper broadband all for myself :grin: :rolleyes:

I've stalked the guy that I might be living with on FB a little bit and he seems alright, if not a little bit shy... :colone:

I would rep you both but it won't let me :sad:
GUYS xD Add me :smile: TheAntichrist93 :smile: Don't ask, long story involving my hatred of GCSE RE, a 10-page letter, and a three hour meeting xD
Original post by Jake200493
GUYS xD Add me :smile: TheAntichrist93 :smile: Don't ask, long story involving my hatred of GCSE RE, a 10-page letter, and a three hour meeting xD

The real reason is you want to sound intimidating on Black Ops multiplayer. :pierre:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1972
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The real reason is you want to sound intimidating on Black Ops multiplayer. :pierre:

Why are all your posts rep-worthy :colondollar:
Original post by kuks
Why are all your posts rep-worthy :colondollar:

Don't rep him anymore :afraid:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
x

I play too much Sabotage :smug:
Reply 1974
Original post by In2deep
Don't rep him anymore :afraid:

I play too much Sabotage :smug:

I can't :p:
I get my finalist results in seven hours and I can't sleep. :frown:
Reply 1976
Original post by Brotherhood

I'm sure you've done well :smile: Staying awake isn't going to change your results :smile:
Reply 1977
Original post by Brotherhood

:lurk:

Good news hopefully?
Reply 1978
Original post by spikeymike
It won't. :cool:

You were right. They have set up a hack request phone line, and apparently took down the CIA website yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13787229
Original post by dhr90
You were right. They have set up a hack request phone line, and apparently took down the CIA website yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13787229

No matter whoever gets arrested, theres always other hackers in the world.

Latest