The Student Room Group

Code Geass

What an absolutely brilliant anime. Perfect. Everyone should watch it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's awesome, but I thought it could've been better to the point of perfection. Wished it was ~25 eps longer overall, more character development would have been nice.

Anyone know whether it's likely there will be an R3?
It's where I go for hot meganekko on furniture action.
It's a really GREAT anime, but to be honest the Mecca robots thing really gets to me =O But I don't like it being compared to Death Note either. But YES, it is good, the ending is very very gripping.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Great series but certainly not perfect. Especially R2 entertaining as it was, it was still a trainwreck.:giggle:
it was :sogood:
Original post by scherzi
It's awesome, but I thought it could've been better to the point of perfection. Wished it was ~25 eps longer overall, more character development would have been nice.

Anyone know whether it's likely there will be an R3?

There is no plan for a third series directly following on from R2, if that's what you mean. But there is an OVA sidestory, Code Geass Gaiden: Bokoku no Akito planned. Can't tell you much other than that though, as no further info has been released since the original announcement.
<3 Xingke !!! :biggrin: I gotta say i put this series off for far too long, everyone's been telling me to watch it. When i finally did, i couldnt stop *-*
Reply 8
Watched the whole of this anime in about a week haha, oh dear..
It was very addictive :3
Reply 9
Yeah, Code Geass was a solid series, albeit not without its flaws (particularly in season two). However, when you have Clamp collaborating with Sunrise, coupled with Taniguchi to boot, you can't really go wrong. And, of course, Fukuyama voicing Lelouch was a surprise hit, to say the least.
Reply 10
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, Code Geass was a solid series, albeit not without its flaws (particularly in season two). However, when you have Clamp collaborating with Sunrise, coupled with Taniguchi to boot, you can't really go wrong. And, of course, Fukuyama voicing Lelouch was a surprise hit, to say the least.

That just made it better :awesome:

Contrived situations to end almost every episode with a cliffhanger, things happening for odd reasons, everything going just as planned and then suddenly going wrong. I'm certain I can recall that in one battle

Spoiler

R2 was just insane and was one of the few anime not called fullmetal alchemist that made me have to keep watching until I had no new episodes left :teehee:
Reply 11
Original post by Truered
That just made it better :awesome:

Contrived situations to end almost every episode with a cliffhanger, things happening for odd reasons, everything going just as planned and then suddenly going wrong. I'm certain I can recall that in one battle

Spoiler

R2 was just insane and was one of the few anime not called fullmetal alchemist that made me have to keep watching until I had no new episodes left :teehee:

I suppose a train wreck can be entertaining to watch. :giggle:
Love the first series, second lots of things annoyed me about it. I wish they could have a reboot of R2, as apparently the series we got wasn't what the director wanted but was from executive producers meddling.
Reply 13
I have finally finished watching Code Geass R2. It's evident that the creators were heavily influenced by Death Note and Gundam series (specifically Gundam Seed). Elements of Evangelion were present as well. I felt at times they were trying too hard with being philosophical even if it didn't fit with the moment. Overal, as an anime, it was quite enjoyable to watch and entertaning.

6.5/7
Reply 14
Awesome anime to watch. That's all I have to say.
Reply 15
One of my absolute favourite animes of the past few years. Even though every R2 episode had a cliffhanger and completely unexpected twist in the story. :biggrin:
But I loved the ending.
Great but overrated I feel. Echo the sentiments that it was a trainwreck and things just happened to fall in place to cause chaos.
Reply 17
1st series was brilliant I thought, how there's almost two sides you could be rooting for, as in Suzaku isn't exactly yer average megalomaniac villain, and Lalouch isnt exactly yer average knight in shining armour. The complicated web of who-knows-who's-identity was quite well done I thought too :biggrin: (half way through second series btw...)

LOL at the Pizza Hut product placements :ahee:
AWESOME anime, but I have to say, R2 did confuse me in some parts. The ending was classic, but the whole bit with the world of C is a complete blank for me :rolleyes:
Reply 19
This is the sole reason for this being the best anime ever.

Priceless. Actually while I enjoyed the series, i think that was mostly due to the pure hilarity of character design and some aspects of the animation. The Spinzaku kick had me in stitches for about an hour, and contines to have me in stitches when i look at a gif of it even now xD.

Quick Reply

Latest