The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by For Europe
Idle speculation. and for your information white women tan to look tanned, they do not tan to look brown or black.

Tan is brown! They tan to look browner,instead of looking unhealthy,pale and pasty.
I have not got the official statistics but I have read that white women make up the majority of clients for plastic surgeons.
I don't even see the argument. All you have to do is look at white celebrities,look in magazines,and you will see all the fakeness due to plastic surgery. I also personally know young white women who have had surgery (sample size is small I know) but I don't know any black girls who have had surgery. I can't even think of any black celebrities who have had surgery.
OK. I'l have to chip in here

Look at this guy who said it

Satoshi Kanazawa is his name and I don't think most women would look at him and find him attractive which is probably the reason why he said it. Oriental males are notorious for dumping, projecting onto black women because he knows that oriental men are deemed are the least desirable, least masculine of all men. They are also, by contrast seen as a model minority. What better way to reaffirm his status, and also to boost the collective egos of Asian men by focusing on the alleged (actually, highly imagined and fictionalised) masculine features of Black females.

The simple facts are that Black women have the most obvious female characteristics of all races of women and Asian woman (with their flat butts, boyish hips and tiny boobs) have the least. To me this Asian guy instead of seeking approval from whites, he should realizes that white men are sexing oriental women by the dozen.

It’s ironic that, though some oriental men might perceive BW to be less attractive, but WW pay lots of money for cosmetic procedures to acquire physical characteristics that BW often possess naturally: tan skin; full lips; curly, hightly textured hair. To me this is a case of attack the black woman in the daylight, desire her in the night. I recently did a post on beautiful DARK skinned black women. I actually had to do a second one. Just two separate galleries of black women of different facial features. Let me tell you that I had hits from all over the world. The white world. The Asian world. The Arab world.

By the way Kanazawa post appeared on May 15th. News of it spread quickly across the Internet. Only then did his paper see its mistake. Kind of. They changed the title to:

"Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women ?"
and then to:

"Why Are Black Women Rated Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women, But Black Men Are Rated Better Looking Than Other Men ?"

And then, when that did not work, they removed the post without a word. Since then they have put up posts about why it was bad science but not about why such a bad scientist blogs for them.

To me white women are over-rated and over hyped. FHM’s worlds most beautiful women’s list ? Might as well call it “World most beautiful white women” The power of white people to shape the world’s ideas of female beauty is clearly shown in the death of the hourglass figure. Look below. I personal find the black women more attractive but most will say Paris Hilton is more attractive, maybe I'm biased and maybe your biased.

So now thin is considered beautiful among whites generally in both Europe and North America. It is spreading to East Asia too. While it may be natural for the white men who work in the film industry to like white women and for fashion designers to like women with coat hanger bodies, they affect how women all over the world feel about themselves.

I have always thought that for a women to be beautiful and desirable she should have a good figure, one that is round in all the right places. She should have some meat on her bones. She should not look like a stick. Thin women do not even feel right: I can feel their bones! For many dark skin makes a woman less beautiful. Not for me. Black women’s looks also hold up much better when they age or get fat.
Reply 322
Hardly an oil painting himself.
Reply 323
Original post by pepsihot
Tan is brown! They tan to look browner,instead of looking unhealthy,pale and pasty.
I have not got the official statistics but I have read that white women make up the majority of clients for plastic surgeons.
I don't even see the argument. All you have to do is look at white celebrities,look in magazines,and you will see all the fakeness due to plastic surgery. I also personally know young white women who have had surgery (sample size is small I know) but I don't know any black girls who have had surgery. I can't even think of any black celebrities who have had surgery.

<----Halle Berry

Not to mention other black celebrities who've gotten nose jobs done. But most are pretty discrete so it's not as obvious as Lil Kim's. There are also white celebrities who have gotten plastic surgery, Asian celebrities....the list can go on.

There are insecure people of every race. Heck, I'm black and I would love to get plastic surgery to look pretty if only I had the money.
Original post by parallal

<----Halle Berry

Not to mention other black celebrities who've gotten nose jobs done. But most are pretty discrete so it's not as obvious as Lil Kim's. There are also white celebrities who have gotten plastic surgery, Asian celebrities....the list can go on.

There are insecure people of every race. Heck, I'm black and I would love to get plastic surgery to look pretty if only I had the money.

Sadly a lot of these black people mainly get surgery on their nose to make it appear more 'european'...making themselves look worse. Threads like this don't help fragile people with a complex.
Reply 325
Original post by parallal

<----Halle Berry

Overall very few black celebrities have had plastic surgery,and in reality,the average black woman is probably less likely to get surgery,compared to the average white women who will take out humoungous loans just to get botox or a boob job or whatever. I'm not saying that black women do not get cosmetic surgery,but it definitely less likely. It is also funny how products have come out to emulate typical black womens features,eg. bum pads,tan lotion/sun beds/tinted moisturiser..... I have always preferred black women because I believe they have superior looks and features compared to any other race,there is no competition in all honesty.
Reply 326
Original post by Moss_Side_Time
OK. I'l have to chip in here

Look at this guy who said it

Satoshi Kanazawa is his name and I don't think most women would look at him and find him attractive which is probably the reason why he said it. Oriental males are notorious for dumping, projecting onto black women because he knows that oriental men are deemed are the least desirable, least masculine of all men. They are also, by contrast seen as a model minority. What better way to reaffirm his status, and also to boost the collective egos of Asian men by focusing on the alleged (actually, highly imagined and fictionalised) masculine features of Black females.

The simple facts are that Black women have the most obvious female characteristics of all races of women and Asian woman (with their flat butts, boyish hips and tiny boobs) have the least. To me this Asian guy instead of seeking approval from whites, he should realizes that white men are sexing oriental women by the dozen.

It’s ironic that, though some oriental men might perceive BW to be less attractive, but WW pay lots of money for cosmetic procedures to acquire physical characteristics that BW often possess naturally: tan skin; full lips; curly, hightly textured hair. To me this is a case of attack the black woman in the daylight, desire her in the night. I recently did a post on beautiful DARK skinned black women. I actually had to do a second one. Just two separate galleries of black women of different facial features. Let me tell you that I had hits from all over the world. The white world. The Asian world. The Arab world.

By the way Kanazawa post appeared on May 15th. News of it spread quickly across the Internet. Only then did his paper see its mistake. Kind of. They changed the title to:

"Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women ?"
and then to:

"Why Are Black Women Rated Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women, But Black Men Are Rated Better Looking Than Other Men ?"

And then, when that did not work, they removed the post without a word. Since then they have put up posts about why it was bad science but not about why such a bad scientist blogs for them.

To me white women are over-rated and over hyped. FHM’s worlds most beautiful women’s list ? Might as well call it “World most beautiful white women” The power of white people to shape the world’s ideas of female beauty is clearly shown in the death of the hourglass figure. Look below. I personal find the black women more attractive but most will say Paris Hilton is more attractive, maybe I'm biased and maybe your biased.

So now thin is considered beautiful among whites generally in both Europe and North America. It is spreading to East Asia too. While it may be natural for the white men who work in the film industry to like white women and for fashion designers to like women with coat hanger bodies, they affect how women all over the world feel about themselves.

I have always thought that for a women to be beautiful and desirable she should have a good figure, one that is round in all the right places. She should have some meat on her bones. She should not look like a stick. Thin women do not even feel right: I can feel their bones! For many dark skin makes a woman less beautiful. Not for me. Black women’s looks also hold up much better when they age or get fat.

Preach.
Original post by JaiiStarh
I wasn't actually talking about the Scientists argument. I was talking about the response to black women in this thread and other threads which have been posted on TSR. As I said before,I am not actually bothered about the Scientists conclusions because his research wasn't even solid in my opinion. I was more interested in the reactions of people.

:colonhash: ...............
Reply 328
Some studies a short time ago (I forget where I read them, I think it was new scientist) found that over time, traits that made people seem in a higher position of power made them more attractive.

Short time ago, in europe: 'chubby' was what was considered hot, because a 'chubby and pastey' girl meant she had better access to food and could afford lavish lifestyles and didn't have to work outside. Now 'slim and tanned' is the new hot, as it shows they do not have to manual labour inside (a factory or shop) and can instead afford beach-lifestyles.

If we take that into consideration, being white is considered being a position of power, as the most dominant countries in the world are mostly white, white's are most represented in modern media, and the archetypal rich person is white.

Now, this is not to say that whites are better, but it would suggest a reason for why opinions might sway that way.

Of course, the study was measuring more of an objective rather than subjective beauty.

Also, to all of those posting pictures of good looking black people to justify why not all black people are ugly: The OP and the guy in the article never said 'all blacks are ugly and all whites are good-looking'. Oh yeah, and using a mixed race or very white black person doesnt really help your case.
Reply 329
The most annoying thing about threads like this is, that the people who jump in posting pictures of black women they deem attractive, almost exclusively post pictures of extremely light-skinned black women.
Reply 330
Original post by Winning
The most annoying thing about threads like this is, that the people who jump in posting pictures of black women they deem attractive, almost exclusively post pictures of extremely light-skinned black women.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
Reply 331
Original post by FutureMedicalDoctor

Why are they trying to look like white females, with their straightened hair and they are not of pure African descent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 332
Next shocking headline - THE POPE IS CATHOLIC!
Original post by My name is URL
:colonhash: ...............

Don't bump old threads, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending