The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse b3 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sunnysingh
I think aslong as it was going downwards, thats one mark, and the other is it runs out at like 34 hours

Ohh.. mine is a straight line going down from that cross (already drawn) to 34 (at 0) :smile: but its not a curve thoo :'(
Reply 21
Original post by megank
Ohh.. mine is a straight line going down from that cross (already drawn) to 34 (at 0) :smile: but its not a curve thoo :'(

Thats what I done, I think either a curve or line would be right, tbh.
Reply 22
I did a downwards curve to 34/35, because the glucose was being used up. I thought it was alright except the last question, may have dropped a few there. What did you guys put for the question on villi?
Reply 23
Thats what I done, I think either a curve or line would be right, tbh.

Yay :smile: at least i know i have 1 mark out of 45 now :L
Reply 24
Original post by Jadb
I did a downwards curve to 34/35, because the glucose was being used up. I thought it was alright except the last question, may have dropped a few there. What did you guys put for the question on villi?

I said increased surface area and moist surface and short diffusion pathway and rich blood supply... but i think thats wrong tho :/
Reply 25
Original post by megank
I said increased surface area and moist surface and short diffusion pathway and rich blood supply... but i think thats wrong tho :/

Yeah I put all of those I think- large SA, thin wall, good blood supply and short distance to mitochondria. Couldn't think of a fifth though.
Reply 26
I said

moist surfaces
mitochondria supplying energy for active transport
large surface area
thin walls - short distance for diffusion (or active transport) to go across
and a rich blood supply to maintain a high concentration gradient

I hope they're all right
Reply 27
i put thin wall, large surface area, good blood supply, mitochondria to produce energy for active transport, extensive capillary network. It is the same as the june 2008 question 1 a in some sense.
Reply 28
And what about the skeletal muscles question? I put-

They need it for respiration for energy
They need oxygen to aerobically respire for longer
To pay back oxygen debt
And something else I can't remember :/

I think I've done okay but I definitely lost a few marks on question 6.
Reply 29
Original post by Jadb

To pay back oxygen debt

I didn't get that question :/
Reply 30
Same omg megank u did exactly same like me
Reply 31
I threw away so many marks on the question about the heart and blood, and then on the last question. With the blood one, I didn't actually know what it was asking until halfway through writing the answer! Definitely lost some there.

Hopefully I can just get that 78 I need!
Reply 32
Original post by Jadb

To pay back oxygen debt

This was very confusing, but I think I got it towards the end.

I said, as he is exercising, he needs energy, for his muscles to contract, this energy comes from aerobic respiration, so there is a demand for oxygen, because oxygen + glucose -> (energy) + C02 + water. So 220 milligrams of oxygen is used up bu muscle cells for aerobic respiration, and only 30 milligrams is not used.

It was such a cheeky way to ask a question!
Reply 33
This was very confusing, but I think I got it towards the end.

I said, as he is exercising, he needs energy, for his muscles to contract, this energy comes from aerobic respiration, so there is a demand for oxygen, because oxygen + glucose -> (energy) + C02 + water. So 220 milligrams of oxygen is used up bu muscle cells for aerobic respiration, and only 30 milligrams is not used.

It was such a cheeky way to ask a question!

Yea i put the oxygen is needed elsewhere i.e. excercising muscles for providing the energy supply.but its out of 3 marks... ?(im not sure) AHhhh :'(
Reply 34
Original post by king101
Same omg megank u did exactly same like me

I feel like crying. all the exams have just been going badly for me :/
Reply 35
Arrr these grade boundaries better be low, I didn't understand why you needed to dilate the samples?? I just said so you can measure by concentration
Reply 36
I said to prevent them from growing omg!!
Reply 37
ack, what did people put for the question about using biogas being pumped back into the fermenter(?) i know i got it wrong but i think i wasn't worth too many marks...
anyone remember how much it was worth? :s-smilie:
OMG!!! This Examm Was SOOOOO Hard... I Hpe the Grade Boundaries Are Low??
Biogas one i wrote something about exothermic and more insulation is at the bottom than the top... The 1st question was very hard which was to do with the diagram. I think it was to do with 'Sterilisation of Innoculating tubes'. I didn't put tht in buh it was extremelyyy HARD!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending