The Student Room Group

Core 2 exam 20/05/2011

I have a C2 exam tomorrow.. So just thought I'd kick start this thread.. Are we all prepared?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
absolutely not!! :/
Reply 2
Not in the slightest! I have a biology exam on the same day, both I will be cramming like crazy for.. o_o
Reply 3
just need to go over sigma notation and i hope im all set :biggrin:
Reply 4
Lool.. Good so am not the only one.. I wonder if the formula book has the equations for arithmetic and geometric series and sequences.. Or do we have to memorise them ourselves..

And I def. need to revise sectors and all that *not happy face*
Reply 5
yes it does have the formula for Un and the sum for both arithmetic and geometric thank god! also the sum to infinity for geometric :smile: assuming this is OCR?
Reply 6
Original post by doubled99
yes it does have the formula for Un and the sum for both arithmetic and geometric thank god! also the sum to infinity for geometric :smile: assuming this is OCR?

Yes.. Thank goodness.. Are you all set?
Reply 7
I really really should be. Ive now done (or atleast by tomorrow) every past paper, getting an A in all of them except the first two, in timed conditions, with the actual booklet etcetc even with 100% in one of them. I WANT A GOD DAMN A . Im only saying this because i was in the exact same situation in jan for core 1 AND GOT A GOD DAMN B .

ARGH. Not that im still bitter about that.. XD
Reply 8
Original post by tuckaa
I really really should be. Ive now done (or atleast by tomorrow) every past paper, getting an A in all of them except the first two, in timed conditions, with the actual booklet etcetc even with 100% in one of them. I WANT A GOD DAMN A . Im only saying this because i was in the exact same situation in jan for core 1 AND GOT A GOD DAMN B .

ARGH. Not that im still bitter about that.. XD

Well, to be honest, sounds like you've worked hard for it.. Hopefully, you'll get that A this time.. :smile:
Original post by chantellw
Lool.. Good so am not the only one.. I wonder if the formula book has the equations for arithmetic and geometric series and sequences.. Or do we have to memorise them ourselves..

And I def. need to revise sectors and all that *not happy face*

I suggest you try visiting http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/ :tongue: I don't mean to sound patronizing but their section on sectors and stuff really helped me. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Hopefully I'm ready, just got to make sure I keep checking so I don't make any stupid mistakes, especially on the trig graphs when working out the other values!
Reply 11
Original post by StrawberryKoi
I suggest you try visiting http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/ :tongue: I don't mean to sound patronizing but their section on sectors and stuff really helped me. :biggrin:

Thanks.. Sounds like you are ready for it..
Original post by chantellw
Thanks.. Sounds like you are ready for it..

Almost but I'm nowhere near ready for stats tomorrow! Normal distribution will slowly be the end of me...
Reply 13
are we allowed to use the natural log button for c2
Reply 14
Almost but I'm nowhere near ready for stats tomorrow! Normal distribution will slowly be the end of me...

same im killing myself for stats...proabability and normal distribution ......
im gonna die
i have really bad calculator skillsa aswell...
Original post by abdkam
same im killing myself for stats...proabability and normal distribution ......
im gonna die
i have really bad calculator skillsa aswell...

Awwww, don't worry you'll be fine! Just don't give up and we'll get through it. :tongue:
Reply 16

Are you talking about an OCR stats S1 exam?! I thought that one is next thursday.

This thread is about OCR C2 tomorrow, right?
Reply 17
do we have to know transformations for ocr c2, anyone? Hasn't come up in jan09-jan11 so far i think
Original post by Killjoy-
Are you talking about an OCR stats S1 exam?! I thought that one is next thursday.

This thread is about OCR C2 tomorrow, right?

Ahh no don't worry I was talking about Edexcel :colondollar:
Reply 19
Ahh no don't worry I was talking about Edexcel :colondollar:

I see. So you are doing an OCR exam for C2 and a stats exam for edexcel?

Quick Reply