The Student Room Group

Core 2 exam 20/05/2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by soniak
do we have to know transformations for ocr c2, anyone? Hasn't come up in jan09-jan11 so far i think

Its not in the specification specifically for core 2 but its assumed knowledge. Meaning they wont ask a question on it specifically but they might ask you a question where you need to know it. On one of the papers there was one for drawing a cos graph* so you could find the values of x.

*as in a tramsformed cos graph
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
I have a feeling a tricky integration q will come up. Remember when integrating always add +c at the end if they haven't given you any upper or lower limits. I forgot to do that last year when I sat c1 and i didn't get 100% :frown:
Is this OCR or AQA C2 because my S1 is tomorrow and C2 next week! Good Luck everyone!
I'm WJEC but mine's tomorrow. Sat it in January and had 78%, and my teacher said if I had below 85% I should resit. Feel a bit wary because I came out of the exam feeling like I'd done really well - there had been tough questions but fought my way through. [I know 78% is good, but it was expected that because I do further maths, the minimum was an A] :/

And to anyone else on WJEC, there wasn't a log question on the Jan paper so it's pretty much guarenteed for this one. Good luck everyone!
Reply 24
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
Is this OCR or AQA C2 because my S1 is tomorrow and C2 next week! Good Luck everyone!

i think its OCR. im on edexcel and have D1 tomorrow and C2 next thursday.
Reply 25
Original post by namzy01
I have a feeling a tricky integration q will come up. Remember when integrating always add +c at the end if they haven't given you any upper or lower limits. I forgot to do that last year when I sat c1 and i didn't get 100% :frown:

I doubt it, the last question of JAN 2011 OCR C2 was a 'tricky' integration one and it had lots more integration throughout the paper
Reply 26
I'm not looking forward to it. :s I mucked up on a history exam today so I'm not in a very revisey mood.
Original post by goggy
I'm not looking forward to it. :s I mucked up on a history exam today so I'm not in a very revisey mood.

you're not alone
OCR C2 tomorrow. Looking forward to it, have consistantly been getting B's on the past papers I've done. Hopefully the formula book has the formulae for G.P's and Ap's in.
Reply 29
It does.
Reply 30
Only thing im worried is about is those stupid binomial expansions :frown:
Reply 31
I'm resitting this & need over 90% so far its okish (lowest 85%) but i'm hoping the exam is easy.
Reply 32
I'm worried about logs and trapezium rule. :s
Reply 33
Trapezium rule's ok, I think, if you look at the past papers, they all seem to take the same question structure, and it's just a matter of going through the motions.

I'm worried about the logs though. Sometimes the questions are easy, sometimes they're ridiculous. :|
Reply 34
Original post by Ttawwab
Trapezium rule's ok, I think, if you look at the past papers, they all seem to take the same question structure, and it's just a matter of going through the motions.

I'm worried about the logs though. Sometimes the questions are easy, sometimes they're ridiculous. :|

thats so true because after i spend ages working out how they did the hard ones, a different one comes up and i still cant do it ! :/ Although i just pray that i get an A!!!

Stats however is a lost cause.........i just cant do probalbility :angry::mad:
Reply 35
I wrote down all the logs rules. I'm going to try and memorise them in the morning. Thank goodness the exam is in the afternoon.
Good luck people!
Reply 37
Original post by goggy
I'm worried about logs and trapezium rule. :s

Just did a C2 past paper, got 71/72 lost my mark on the last log question, ******* hate them so much, hope it doesn't come up tomorrow I just can't do them! :frown:

Good luck.
Reply 38
Good luck, people!! I`ll let u know how it went for me :smile:
Reply 39
Good Luck everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest