The Student Room Group

XYZ's log

Scroll to see replies

I suggest that you apply the mineral from of calcium carbonate to your palms prior to attempting the deadlift. I'm sure the outcome will be very favourable and you will be able to optimise your deadlifting performance. It also prevents the formation of pachydermal patches of skin.

Reply 181
Bench
52.5kg - 1x5
62.5kg - 1x5
67.5kg - 1x5
77.5kg - 1x5
87.5kg - 1x5 (PR!)

Close-grip bench press
60kg - 2x5

Pushdowns
13 - 2x10
2x8

Chin Ups
1x9
1x7
1x6

Hammer Curls
10kg - 1x12
1x9
1x6

Grip Machine
60kg - 3x5

Very happy with progress. Decided to do close-grip bench instead of JM press as I didn't feel it much doing it and it hurt my wrists quite a bit.
Nice benching brah
Should be good for 100 now. Though I'd want to hit 90x5 before doing so :smile: Good progress bro.
Reply 184
I really want to hit 100x5 by the end of the year.
Should be quite doable if you have some decently sized flaws while benching. I'm not saying that as a slight but the more you have 'wrong' with your technique. the more improvement fixing it will have. The same goes for muscular imbalances/weaknesses. But none of us have seen you bench so no idea what those problems are.
Reply 186
Original post by The Blind Monk
Should be quite doable if you have some decently sized flaws while benching. I'm not saying that as a slight but the more you have 'wrong' with your technique. the more improvement fixing it will have. The same goes for muscular imbalances/weaknesses. But none of us have seen you bench so no idea what those problems are.

You're going to UCL gym for next year right?

If so, I'll probably see you there and you can give me some advice.

I don't think my form is that good though but it has improved.
Yeah, I will. Basically someone like Usama should make big gains as soon as he cures his lockout problem. I don't think he needs board presses but bands should make a big difference, if only by training his mindset to just ****ing blast through the sticking point. My upper back is piss weak so I miss half way though. So lots of trap/rear delt work in my future. FML I hate both.
I will one day catch you, Michael, and when I do I shall post a victory dance of mine while covered in chalk on YouTube.
Reply 189
fuk fuk you gon beat me to 100 bench if I dont pull my finger out. I havent benched in like nearly 2 weeks cos of a shoulder pain thing but its gone now. Gonna bench again tomorrow, **** this **** can't have you beating me to two plates brah
Would you hit rhomboids at the same time as rear delts? Reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure my upper back is weak as hell too.

Original post by The Blind Monk
Yeah, I will. Basically someone like Usama should make big gains as soon as he cures his lockout problem. I don't think he needs board presses but bands should make a big difference, if only by training his mindset to just ****ing blast through the sticking point. My upper back is piss weak so I miss half way though. So lots of trap/rear delt work in my future. FML I hate both.
Reply 191
Original post by Adidas90
fuk fuk you gon beat me to 100 bench if I dont pull my finger out. I havent benched in like nearly 2 weeks cos of a shoulder pain thing but its gone now. Gonna bench again tomorrow, **** this **** can't have you beating me to two plates brah

What's your squat at? I think I'm at 160 if I try.
Original post by redbuthotter
Would you hit rhomboids at the same time as rear delts? Reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure my upper back is weak as hell too.

Yeah, work all of the bench supporting muscles on bench day (apart from maybe lats, might leave that for back/another day.) So lots of face pulls, rear delt flyes, band pullaparts etc
Reply 193
Original post by Michael XYZ
What's your squat at? I think I'm at 160 if I try.

It's 145 atm. I just remembered that 2x BW race so for me that would be 156. If you hit double BW you're gonna have to film it :biggrin:
Reply 194
Original post by Adidas90
It's 145 atm. I just remembered that 2x BW race so for me that would be 156. If you hit double BW you're gonna have to film it :biggrin:

I thought it was race to 160?

My 2xBW would be more like 170.
Reply 195
Deadlift
70kg - 1x5
90kg - 1x5
120kg - 1x5
140kg - 1x5
160kg - 1x3 (Belt + straps)

Leg Press
40kg - 1x20
80kg - 1x20
120kg - 1x20
160kg - 1x20
200kg - 1x20
240kg - 1x20
280kg - 1x5

Leg Curl
130 - crap, very poor

So I got 160 x 3 which I'm happy with but I used straps because I really just wanted to get it done. It was very difficult and my grip was gone in milliseconds, only straps really holding it at all. Belt feels weird because it feels loose and it starts falling lower down, maybe should tighten.

Felt really **** with hamstring curls. Very weak, did two sets with like 6 and 4 reps and I called it a day.
Reply 196
Nice bench bro
Have you removed squats from your routine?
Reply 198
Original post by paddy__power
Have you removed squats from your routine?

No... I hit a PR of 150kg x 3 on Tuesday.
Original post by Michael XYZ
No... I hit a PR of 150kg x 3 on Tuesday.

Damn. I am trying to persuade myself I don't need them :emo:

Nice squating. You're not far from your aim from the PI blog :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest