Wide Seated Rows
10 - 2x15

Tricep Extension superset w/ hammer curls
TriEx: 21.6kg - 2x20
Hammer Curls: 17.5kg - 2x10

Face Pulls
12.5kg - 3x20

Shoulder Rehab

Good session. Shoulder didn't feel too bad at all. Need to keep up rehab work forever really and hope that it will stop any further injuries along the way. Accumulation phase means high volume and low rest. Didn't get A TON of volume in but I think quite a bit still and took way less rest than usual.

Did diamond push-ups because I wanted to do dips and did 8 reps BW but it put far too much stress on my shoulders so I stopped before I snapped **** up. Quite enjoyed this session actually. Really pushed it. It's good because I prefer lower reps which means that my conditioning/GPP/whatever is kinda pathetic and I get far too tired from high reps. So this phase is good to really raise that.

Will raise weight on the bench. I kept it lighter because shoulder still not perfect and doing 15 sets but it was quick and I think I can go higher and still go fast.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 621
ME Squat/Deadlift

Pause Squat
150kg - 1x5 PR

Romanian Deadlift
105kg - 3x16

Back Raises
10kg - 3x15

Leg Press superset w/ leg curl
Leg Press: 2x?
Leg Curl: 2x?

Cable Abs
28.4kg - 4x12

Shoulder Rehab

****ing pleased with 5 reps on 150kg - very ****ing pleased! I was honestly expecting only 3 reps considering my 1RM was 160kg. Every rep was a killer but I just kept going for more and actually got it. I brought my stance in a little and, honestly, feels a lot better I think - I feel stronger in that position and more stable.

Romanian deadlifts were sheer torture. 3x16 is just a killer... legs trembling like **** after finished with that. Then some back raises = lower back destroyed. Then did 2 sets of superset, didn't bother recording reps because it was a bit random. I used the machine leg press instead of the one you add free weight. It felt very awkward, not a fan. Then some abs and shoulder rehab. Great day overall!
Reply 622
ME Bench

Close-grip Bench
95kg - 1x4 PR

Decline DB Press
26kg - 6x13

Pull-ups
BW - 1x10, 1x6, 2x7

Chin-ups
BW - 1x8, 1x6

Rear Delt Flyes superset with Chest Flyes
RDF: 5kg - 3x12
CF: 12kg - 3x12

Hammer Curls superset with Side Raises
HC: 16kg - 2x14
SR: 8kg - 2x12

Shoulder Rehab

Good stuff. 95kg for 4 seems a tad on the low side but I think I'm a lot better with singles. Plus, I've brought in my grip width a bit for close-grip, I think before it was a bit too wide for close-grip (between close and medium). Then did quite a lot of decline DB presses for variety. Bunch of pull-ups. Some guys at the gym being real dicks. I wanted to do chin-ups instead because easier on shoulder and only place to do them really is a bar on the power rack. They were doing incline bench and resting for a minute or two. I ask to jump in whilst resting and they tell me they aren't really resting etc. etc. Just being ***** really.

Nice to do some rear delt work and flyes. Just want to build my chest a bit and not have any real weakness. Was nice.
Reply 623
DE Squat/Deadlift

Wide Box Squat
90kg - 15x2

Deadlift
115kg - 8x1

Goblet Squat
40kg - 3x12

One-legged leg press
100kg - 2x10

Sit-ups
5kg - 3x12

Difficult session as always now. Wanted to try out goblet squats and also some one-legged leg presses because Ed Coan does/used to do them lol. They are tough as ****! Left leg evidently weaker than my right. I don't really like how lunges or Bulgarian split-squats feel but I still wanted to do one-legged work so I thought this was a good compromise.
Reply 624
DE Bench

Bench
65kg - 15x3

DB Shoulder Press
17.5kg - 6x10

DB Row
40kg - 4x11

Wide Seated Row
10 - 1x17, 1x15

DB Tricep Extensions
12kg - 1x12, 1x9, 1x8

Face Pulls superset with Hammer Curls
FP: 12.5kg - 3x15
HC: 20kg - 3x8

Shoulder Rehab

Good session and all done in 1.5 hours too which is damn quick for me and my training partner. Raised the weight on bench to 65kg as I said I would last time. Felt a bit slower but the speed was still pretty darn high. Then decided to do some DB shoulder press. I would have liked to have done 18 or 19s really but 6x10 on 17.5kg was okay. Not too much of a struggle until last two sets for the last rep or two. Annoying because next DBs are 20kg and that's quite a big jump.

DB rows are kinda annoying me. As I've said, my gym has fat handles on the DBs above 30kg or something. My grip on the right is fine but for my left hand it's piss poor really. I have to drop it like once or twice and readjust or else can't really do it. Quite annoying. I mean I want it to help my grip too, which I'm sure it has, but it's a bit annoying at the same time.
Reply 625
Original post by Michael XYZ
DE Bench

Bench
65kg - 15x3

DB Shoulder Press
17.5kg - 6x10

DB Row
40kg - 4x11

Wide Seated Row
10 - 1x17, 1x15

DB Tricep Extensions
12kg - 1x12, 1x9, 1x8

Face Pulls superset with Hammer Curls
FP: 12.5kg - 3x15
HC: 20kg - 3x8

Shoulder Rehab

Good session and all done in 1.5 hours too which is damn quick for me and my training partner. Raised the weight on bench to 65kg as I said I would last time. Felt a bit slower but the speed was still pretty darn high. Then decided to do some DB shoulder press. I would have liked to have done 18 or 19s really but 6x10 on 17.5kg was okay. Not too much of a struggle until last two sets for the last rep or two. Annoying because next DBs are 20kg and that's quite a big jump.

DB rows are kinda annoying me. As I've said, my gym has fat handles on the DBs above 30kg or something. My grip on the right is fine but for my left hand it's piss poor really. I have to drop it like once or twice and readjust or else can't really do it. Quite annoying. I mean I want it to help my grip too, which I'm sure it has, but it's a bit annoying at the same time.

How long rests do you take between the DE bench sets, out of interest? 15 sets must take a while even if you do them with very short rests.
Reply 626
Original post by RawJoh1
How long rests do you take between the DE bench sets, out of interest? 15 sets must take a while even if you do them with very short rests.

I alternate between me and my training partner so only rest is him doing his set and me getting setup.

It took us 30 minutes. If I was alone, probably could get it to 20-25 minutes. The purpose is to be very, very quick and have very little rest time.
Reply 627
ME Squat/Deadlift

Deadlift on 2" block (1 block)
180kg - 1x5 PR

Front Squat
70kg - 1x10, 2x6

One-legged leg press
80kg - 2x15
Right after last set I did two-legged for 1x15

One-legged lying hamstring curl
3 - 3x15

Cable Abs
28.4kg - 3x15

Very happy with the 180x5. Hate, hate, hate doing reps on deadlifts but I was very pumped up today. Also kinda nice my training partner didn't come really. ****ing annoying having to take off a bunch of plates and change it etc. etc. Plus, could just listen to musically and really get in the zone instead of having to give him pointers.

Then did some weak sauce front squats. Yes, pathetic, but I felt like I was gonna throw up after every rep. Not so much on quads but on abs it was torture. Cut it short last two sets because if I went for 10 then, yes, vomit everywhere. Liking one-legged leg presses and also tried out one-legged hamstring curls. Feel it a lot more than using both legs. Kinda painful though; feels like I'm about to get a hamstring cramp every rep. Then some abs and done.
Reply 628
ME Bench

Close-grip Bench
95kg - 1x4

Flat DB Bench
30kg - 1x20, 1x15, 1x11
24kg - 2x15

Chin-ups
BW - 1x12, 1x9, 1x7, 1x6

Wide Pull-downs
10 - 3x12

Machine Reverse Flyes superset w/ side raises
MRF: 28kg - 3x12
SR: 8kg - 3x13

Hammer Curls
17.5kg - 2x13

Shoulder Rehab

Tricep Finisher (90 reps on pushdowns)

Kinda pissed off about hitting 95x4 again. My form just went to hell - similar to last week. Not sure why, I just find it very hard to stay tight doing close-grip for more than a single or double. Just lost the tightness and after that it was over. I'm gonna change it up and probably not come back to it for a while. I dunno, just feel quite unstable and can't keep tightness which makes me far too prone to injury I think.

In light of that failure, I decided to really try kill it on assistance work. Got a few PRs here and there which was good and meant I wasn't overall annoyed at the session. Felt tired though and not fully into it. Also fairly annoyed my training partner didn't show up. Luckily found a dude who knows how to lift/powerlift and he gave me a good lift-off/spot.
Reply 629
ME Bench

Close-grip Bench
95kg - 1x4

Flat DB Bench
30kg - 1x20, 1x15, 1x11
24kg - 2x15

Chin-ups
BW - 1x12, 1x9, 1x7, 1x6

Wide Pull-downs
10 - 3x12

Machine Reverse Flyes superset w/ side raises
MRF: 28kg - 3x12
SR: 8kg - 3x13

Hammer Curls
17.5kg - 2x13

Shoulder Rehab

Tricep Finisher (90 reps on pushdowns)

Kinda pissed off about hitting 95x4 again. My form just went to hell - similar to last week. Not sure why, I just find it very hard to stay tight doing close-grip for more than a single or double. Just lost the tightness and after that it was over. I'm gonna change it up and probably not come back to it for a while. I dunno, just feel quite unstable and can't keep tightness which makes me far too prone to injury I think.

In light of that failure, I decided to really try kill it on assistance work. Got a few PRs here and there which was good and meant I wasn't overall annoyed at the session. Felt tired though and not fully into it. Also fairly annoyed my training partner didn't show up. Luckily found a dude who knows how to lift/powerlift and he gave me a good lift-off/spot.

try floor presses? your relationship with your workouts partner seems worse then mine lol, my WP is a good guy outside the gym but inside is another story.
Reply 630
Original post by Gallium
try floor presses? your relationship with your workouts partner seems worse then mine lol, my WP is a good guy outside the gym but inside is another story.

I do floor presses.

Yes to be honest he pisses me off massively at times. He complains all the time that gym takes up so much time and then he goes home and does no work. Well, yes, then I can see how it takes up your time to work when you don't work when you ARE free.

Only thing he is good for is a lift-off and here and there a spot if I fail. Far too often his mentality is piss poor. He doesn't train legs for 2 weeks and comes back kinda weaker: "Aww man I hate this, I can't do it, I'm too weak". And then he at times he'll talk to me about being dedicated. Err, yes, dedicated in what way? Coming to gym when you're meant to half the time isn't dedication. "Oh I only slept 6 hours man, far too tried to go gym" - lol, 6 hours is plenty.

/rant
You need to ditch his ass and befriend the non-bellend PT's so they can spot you.
Original post by redbuthotter
the non-bellend PT's so they can spot you.

There's only one of them who even looks like he lifts...most of them are just bellends.
Reply 633
Get Mr. Intensity to spot you :p:
That's an unfortunate situation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess, that BM is Mr.Intensity?
Reply 635
I do floor presses.

Yes to be honest he pisses me off massively at times. He complains all the time that gym takes up so much time and then he goes home and does no work. Well, yes, then I can see how it takes up your time to work when you don't work when you ARE free.

Only thing he is good for is a lift-off and here and there a spot if I fail. Far too often his mentality is piss poor. He doesn't train legs for 2 weeks and comes back kinda weaker: "Aww man I hate this, I can't do it, I'm too weak". And then he at times he'll talk to me about being dedicated. Err, yes, dedicated in what way? Coming to gym when you're meant to half the time isn't dedication. "Oh I only slept 6 hours man, far too tried to go gym" - lol, 6 hours is plenty.

/rant

feel for you bro, my training partner is similar takes 2 weeks off comes back complains, moans he doesn't eat enough. i asked him why he comes to the gym if he has no goals he replied " got nothing better to do"
i give him all the motivational talk and get none back.....like for instance yesterday he failed on his squats and was being a bit of a bitch the whole workout, i told him his a bitch jokingly and his like meh. if i give him advice on form he becomes all sensitive.

got a video of me deadlifting 2 weeks back, been on his case to send me the video for like ages then he tells me he mistakenly deleted it ;(
got to a point were i thought i won't tell him when i'm goin gym and if it comes to the worst ill just bench in the power rack.... alto i can't keep tight on the narrow portable benches. funny thing is even when i feel like **** i try egt pumped and not be negative....hate negativity man
Reply 636
DE Squat/Deadlift

(Free) Squat
100kg - 15x2

Deadlift
115kg - 8x1

DB Dimel Deadlifts
30kg (each hand) - 3x15

One-legged lying leg curl
4 - 2x8, 1x6

Back Raises
BW - 3x25

Ab Roller (EZ bar)
BW on knees - 4x8

Decent session. Back raises for 3x25 really kicked my ass, and then ab roller kicked my ass again. Was nice to try something new for abs though and not a sit-up or crunch of sorts. Tried some DB dimel deadlifts (high rep partial deadlifts); I felt it a lot in my lower back but not too much in my hamstrings. Not really sure why, I think I needed to push hips back more or maybe bend my knees more so I felt it better.

I think for DE days I'm gonna alternate between 2 weeks of box squats and 2 weeks of free squat. I'm not really sold on the idea of doing box squats 99% of the time even if raw lifter. Kinda odd to say you need 10,000 repetitions to become a master at something and then also say the former when I squat raw so box squat not exactly emulating how I would squat.
Reply 637
DE Bench

Bench
65kg - 15x3

DB Shoulder Press
17.5kg - 6x12

DB Rows
40kg - 4x13 (w/ straps)

Close Seated Row
10 - 2x18

Dips
BW - 2x14

DB Tricep Extensions
12kg - 1x9, 2x7

Face Pulls superset w/ hammer curls
FP: 14.7kg - 2x15
HC: 20kg - 2x8

Shoulder Rehab

Good day. Felt very strong even though I only got like 5 hours sleep and 4 very, very boring lectures in a row. DB Rows pissing me right off though. Fat handles on the 40kg so I used straps but even then it's hard because the straps make it even fatter so benefit kinda goes. I dunno, I'll see what to do. It's all a grip issue mainly. I don't really want to go down to 28kg for normal handles though. Would need to do like 40+ reps or something.

Did two sets of dips as well. Been a while since shoulder issues. Felt REALLY strong in them. Even after 15x3 on bench and shoulder press I still got 2x14. My max is like 18-19 reps and I left a couple of reps in the tank. Felt very strong in them.
Reply 638
ME Squat/Deadlift

Below parallel (~1" below?) box squat
140kg - 1x3

Romanian Deadlift
105kg - 2x19, 1x16

One-legged leg extension
25 - 2x12

One-legged lying leg curl
3 - 1x13, 1x8

Back Raises
15kg - 3x13

Ab Roller
BW on knees - 2x9

Weighted Sit-ups
5kg - 1x8

Not sure what to think. 140kg x 3 sounds weak but box squats are ****ing hard. I did them properly this time so pushing back more with hips and thus quads not used as much. Also below parallel made that even harder. Nearly had 4th rep, just a bit more and then quads would come into it more and would get it easy. Still, I dunno, it was my max for the day in any case.

Romanian deadlifts = torture. 2x19, ****, wanted 19 on the last set so bad but I was just dead and my lower back just gave up. Then did some quad work to get SOMETHING in there and then some more posterior chain work. Dunno if I do too much posterior chain work for a raw lifter.
Reply 639
ME Bench

Wide Pause Bench
95kg - 1x3

Neutral DB Bench
26kg - 1x28, 1x15, 1x16
20kg - 2x20

Chins
BW - 2x10, 1x9, 1x6

Wide Lat Pulldowns
10 - 2x13

Side Raises superset w/ machine rear delt flyes
SR: 8kg - 3x14
RDF: 21 - 3x15

Straight bar pushdowns
50 - 3x12

Shoulder Rehab

Not a bad session. My training partner decides to pull out of another ME Bench day which pisses me off. It was looking bad at the gym (full of weak people) but luckily some guy I know came. Unfortunately he's a bodybuilder and even though I said to leave me to it he was still being annoying. I got 3 clean reps and then 4th one he says he didn't help but he touched the bar. He said I was gonna hit the hooks so he just moved it forward for me a bit. I think I had 4 anyway but I'm not gonna count it.

Assistance work was pretty enjoyable. 28 reps on 26kg DB Bench was pretty fun. I rested for a tiny bit and only managed 15 reps next set which seemed a bit dumb so I rested a little longer for the next set which is why I then got more reps. Chins also feeling pretty nice. Get a big forearm/bicep pump from them too. Coming along nicely. Hopefully transfers well to pull-ups - I'm not doing them just yet due to shoulder still not being 100%.

Quick Reply

Latest