The Student Room Group

english literature exam

hello i dont no if anyone can help i am not good at the poems and the book i have studdied :frown:, so i wanted to no what persent is the english literature exam of my total english gcse.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
As far as I'm aware, your English Literature and English Language GCSE grades are seperate. But it was a few years ago for me so I'm not entirely sure.

Did you do coursework in English Literature?

Also, check your spelling and grammar before you sit the exam, please.
Hi,

For AQA qualifications, English Language and Literature are two seperate GCSEs: for English Language, 40% is coursework and each exam is 30%; while for Engish Literature, 30% is coursework and 70% is the exam.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
thanks :smile:, i will have to revise the peoms and does anyone know what i need to revise for the book i have read the catcher in the rye, i have no idea what the questions will be about.
Reply 4
Original post by Pthaos
As far as I'm aware, your English Literature and English Language GCSE grades are seperate. But it was a few years ago for me so I'm not entirely sure.

Did you do coursework in English Literature?

Also, check your spelling and grammar before you sit the exam, please.

i think we have done a bit of course work but i am not sure we have like 5 teachers.
Reply 5
Original post by kristy-jade
i think we have done a bit of course work but i am not sure we have like 5 teachers.

You should ask one of your english teachers just to be sure- coursework percentage depends also on what exam board your school has chosen.
Reply 6
Original post by Shehz94
You should ask one of your english teachers just to be sure- coursework percentage depends also on what exam board your school has chosen.

i have asked one of my teachers and she said that i have got an A+ in english lit so far so what is the lowest grade i could get to still get a B?
Reply 7
i have asked one of my teachers and she said that i have got an A+ in english lit so far so what is the lowest grade i could get to still get a B?

I guess it depends how high the A* is.. but, I suppose if you got a high solid C with an A* in coursework then that could level out to a B?

But, why are you aiming for a B, when your coursework being A* shows that perhaps you have more potential?
Reply 8
Original post by Shehz94
I guess it depends how high the A* is.. but, I suppose if you got a high solid C with an A* in coursework then that could level out to a B?

But, why are you aiming for a B, when your coursework being A* shows that perhaps you have more potential?

i just dont think that i am good at the poems or the book i have read so i just think thst a b is the best i can do.
Reply 9
i just dont think that i am good at the poems or the book i have read so i just think thst a b is the best i can do.

Aww- well good luck anyway! And come august you might even surprise yourself! I remember coming out of my literature exam-crying, I really thought I hadn't answered fully etc...

Come august A*!!:biggrin:

So you can definitely do it!
Reply 10
Original post by Shehz94
Aww- well good luck anyway! And come august you might even surprise yourself! I remember coming out of my literature exam-crying, I really thought I hadn't answered fully etc...

Come august A*!!:biggrin:

So you can definitely do it!

Reply 11
my english literature paper is tomorrow and i dont know how to set out the section b 36 marker
can anyone help? its to work with 4 poems and talking about all of them together...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending