The Student Room Group

Official official gcse biology unit 3! Aqa gcse bly3h

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ymyol
Im pretty sure it would be 3.15 - all the texts book say the dialysis fluid gets constantly renewed to keep a strong concentration gradient and to get the right conc of substances. What would be the point otherwise - it would only make it half as much better rather than getting it to the ideal value

Exactly my thoughts! Plus they didn't give any space for working or anything, and they usually would if there was a calculation involved.
Original post by ktlaurenroe
hahahahaha you have no idea how funny that is to picture
I spat biscuit everywhere laughing.
But yeah, it sucked.

LMFAO. Glad someone ejoyed it :colondollar:
Reply 322
Original post by ju1c
This paper was leaked, the grade boundaries will most likely go down. Depends if theirs any trouble that arises during the time.

what do you mean it was leaked?
Reply 323
For why did the scientists dilute the cultures, I said to prevent the bacteria from growing would that be correct?
Reply 324
Original post by puddinboy
I put 3.15 for the sodium question because it said how muuch will be left in the plasma so i thought that the same concentration of sodium ions will be in the blood plasma as in the dialysis when it left to return back to the body

i did this to as we were taught the dialysis fluid contained ideal concentrations
Reply 325
Everyones arguing over the 3.205/3.15/0.11 question. Dudes chill, it was 1 mark [
Reply 326
for the dilute the cultures, I said to prevent the bacteria from growing would that be correct?

and for counting them, I said because were colonies grow there are no bacteria so minus this by the known amount of bacteria...or somthing like that would that be a mark?
anyone have any idea what mark will probs be necessary for 80 UMS?
Reply 328
Original post by IAmMclovin
anyone have any idea what mark will probs be necessary for 80 UMS?

Last year it was 32/45, but I imagine it should be a bit less than that.
Original post by Thelb4

Good!! because I also need 80 UMS but I did bl**dy awful in that exam... btw what did people put down for the last question, the very last question???
Original post by Thelb4

No last year it was 32/45 for 90 UMS
Reply 331
Original post by scratcher

No last year it was 32/45 for 90 UMS

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_gcse.php?id=04
On AQA's website it says that the June 2010 BLY3H was 80 UMS for 32 and 90 UMS for 35.
Original post by Thelb4
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_gcse.php?id=04
On AQA's website it says that the June 2010 BLY3H was 80 UMS for 32 and 90 UMS for 35.

Oh sorry, yes I was thinking about June 09, but anyway I thought last years paper was so much easier than yesterday's. What do you think the grade boundary will be for the A* (90 UMS) I think it was even harder than January 08 when the grade boundary was 29 for A* and 24 for A, so maybe around 30 this time for an A*.

What do you think??
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? :smile:
I am quite sure the answers to the calculations were 22, 8800, 880000

the sample was 1/400 of 1/100 so it's 22 x 400 to get 8800 then times it by 100 to get the 880000
Do you guys think that this was the hardest b3 paper that they've ever done? Because the grade boundaries for the jan 2010 were 28 for an A*, 25 for an A and 19 for a B
Original post by tillycarter
I am quite sure the answers to the calculations were 22, 8800, 880000

the sample was 1/400 of 1/100 so it's 22 x 400 to get 8800 then times it by 100 to get the 880000

I'm pretty sure that the same was 1/4000 not 1/400 do you had to multiply by 4000
Original post by bloomingblossoms
Do you guys think that this was the hardest b3 paper that they've ever done? Because the grade boundaries for the jan 2010 were 28 for an A*, 25 for an A and 19 for a B

i thought it was, but a lot of people didnt. Im hoping A* will be no higher than 32, or i will be screwed :afraid:
Original post by puddinboy
I'm pretty sure that the same was 1/4000 not 1/400 do you had to multiply by 4000

The sample was 1/400 our biology teacher emailed me
that means you guys are adding an extra 0 onto your values
Reply 339
the grade boundaries WILL be low
have u every seen such a bacteria q and i doubt many people got 45/45 aqa always hate our year im not even joking even last years biology paper was piece of crap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending