The Student Room Group

B2 aqa may 16th gcse answers here

Scroll to see replies

For the first question I had a mind blank and wrote: 'The water enters the cell through diffusion, making the cell turgid and swell'. In hindsight I realise I should have put osmosis rather than diffusion. :/

Would I pick up any marks?
Reply 21
Original post by tnetennba
i said that the mammal lost more energy through heat because it was warm blooded whereas the insect didnt so it could use more energy for growth? only thing i could think of

Oh yeah, that makes sense!
I wrote something similar, as in, the mammal lost heat. However, I didn't mention the part where it's a warm-blooded animal:/
But after reading your answer, I think yours is right!
Damn! I've definitely lost loads of marks!:frown:
Reply 22
found it easy. i mean i didnt miss out any questions and had a good sight on what the paper was going to be about anyway as i spent 3 days 12 hours a day memarising the whole b2 book!

but what did you guys get for the large insect and small mammal percentage question? i honestly put down 6.6% (added all the kj's up then 0.64 divided by 9.6 or something x100) reading the question more thouroughly it said the eating energy and that was just 4.0 so i changed the awnser to 16% what about you guys?
Original post by Basit2010
found it easy. i mean i didnt miss out any questions and had a good sight on what the paper was going to be about anyway as i spent 3 days 12 hours a day memarising the whole b2 book!

but what did you guys get for the large insect and small mammal percentage question? i honestly put down 6.6% (added all the kj's up then 0.64 divided by 9.6 or something x100) reading the question more thouroughly it said the eating energy and that was just 4.0 so i changed the awnser to 16% what about you guys?

yeah I got 16%.
Reply 24
and when the walker fell. he was more likely to die because the alchohol affectted him becuase the blood vessels cut out cos thermoregulatary centre responded to his cold body when he drank the alcohol?
Reply 25
and when the walker fell. he was more likely to die because the alchohol affectted him becuase the blood vessels cut out cos thermoregulatary centre responded to his cold body when he drank the alcohol?

I put something like because the blood vessels near the surface of the skin vasodilated due to the alcohol there was increased blood flow through the capillaries close to the skin so more heat was lost (I put through radiation but I don't know whether this is correct).
Reply 26
Original post by Cartopher
I put something like because the blood vessels near the surface of the skin vasodilated due to the alcohol there was increased blood flow through the capillaries close to the skin so more heat was lost (I put through radiation but I don't know whether this is correct).

Ooooh that's what I put :biggrin:
Are you 100% sure that's the answer? I've seen what other people put, and even though it's completely different, it sounds correct!:/
Reply 27
Original post by calmpeach
Ooooh that's what I put :biggrin:
Are you 100% sure that's the answer? I've seen what other people put, and even though it's completely different, it sounds correct!:/

I think it's correct because it links in with homeostasis. To me it seemed by FAR the easiest b2 paper I've tried even though others are saying it was really difficult. Anyone else agree?
I fail so bad...even though for the majourity of the paper I think I did alright, for the first question I mentioned the stomata swelling and becoming turgid...not osmosis :frown:

And I made the 6.6/6.7 mistake too...

I hope boundaries are at least 30-32 or farewell A* :frown:
Reply 29
I found it harder then I thought it would be... D:
Usually I have about 5 minutes to check everything but today I was still writing right until we were asked to put our pens down. And I misread the second last question and added all the numbers together to find the percentage of the total, but then I realised my mistake a few seconds before the exam was over and when I changed it I forgot to change my final answer from a decimal to a percentage because I was panicking.... ):

Luckily my Chemistry mark will bump it up but hopefully the grade boundaries will be low. ):

By the way what was the answer to the second part of the first question (About why animal cells explode with too much water and plant cells don't?)
Reply 30
Original post by Cartopher
I think it's correct because it links in with homeostasis. To me it seemed by FAR the easiest b2 paper I've tried even though others are saying it was really difficult. Anyone else agree?

Oh right. In that case, I think I've done it correctly then.
I would say that I did so many past papers and got used to format and type of questions there. Unfortunately, the format and language they used this year was far more difficult and the questions weren't as direct, so it took me some time getting used to:/
I hope the physics paper isn't as confusing!
Reply 31
Original post by Jullith
Usually I have about 5 minutes to check everything but today I was still writing right until we were asked to put our pens down. And I misread the second last question and added all the numbers together to find the percentage of the total, but then I realised my mistake a few seconds before the exam was over and when I changed it I forgot to change my final answer from a decimal to a percentage because I was panicking.... ):

Luckily my Chemistry mark will bump it up but hopefully the grade boundaries will be low. ):

By the way what was the answer to the second part of the first question (About why animal cells explode with too much water and plant cells don't?)

i refferd to how if the plant cell is at a low concentration the water is a higher concentration so the water will go into the plant cell. and if the plant cell is at a higher concentration and the water outside is a low concentration the water travels the other way (from cell to water)
Reply 32
Original post by Jullith

I put that animal cell membranes are only partially premeable. However, the plant cell walls are fully premeable.
Original post by Jullith

It's because plant cells have a rigid cell wall whereas animal cells don't. :smile:
Reply 34

I put 6.7 because it ended up as 6.666666666666666666666666 :s? I think I got it wrong then :frown: There has been some low grade boundries for the A* before. Lets keep our heads up high :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending