The Student Room Group

Religious Studies A:2 (Christian Ethics) - Monday 23rd May

Is anyone else taking this paper?

How have you revised, I've basically made a word document for every chapter with the most important bits, if anyone needs it just let me know and I might just upload them for you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!
Yes, I'm taking this paper.
I was meant to do it last year, but sadly had to have an operation a few days before and was unable to do it.
I haven't been taught anything about the exam for a year now.
Majority of my class got A*s, and 2 As (which is huge pressure!!)
The problem seems to be that last year was the first run through the exam, therefore it was *very* easy. Apparently this tiime it's going to be a lot harder!!

I've written notes, just keep re-reading them. Not much more I can do really.
The sections I struggle on the most are Crime/Conflict and Environment!!
(if you have anything on these ^ it would be a HUGE help!) hehe.
What essay topics do you think will come up?
Last year was Marriage and Abortion & Euthanasia! x:smile:
I am really nervous. Although I feel i've done a fair bit of revision, i'm scared that i'll forget it or haven't learnt bits. Give me a random question to test me to see if we've been taught the same sort of things?
Here's one "If my wife doesn't find out, it's okay." Do you think adultery should be accepted?
Reply 3
I'm sitting this paper too! I don't think it's going to be exceedingly hard, although I have a feeling Fertility Treatment will be covered this time around. Do you guys do any other religious Ethics exams?
Reply 4
Original post by britash

Original post by britash
Hey!
Yes, I'm taking this paper.
I was meant to do it last year, but sadly had to have an operation a few days before and was unable to do it.
I haven't been taught anything about the exam for a year now.
Majority of my class got A*s, and 2 As (which is huge pressure!!)
The problem seems to be that last year was the first run through the exam, therefore it was *very* easy. Apparently this tiime it's going to be a lot harder!!

I've written notes, just keep re-reading them. Not much more I can do really.
The sections I struggle on the most are Crime/Conflict and Environment!!
(if you have anything on these ^ it would be a HUGE help!) hehe.
What essay topics do you think will come up?
Last year was Marriage and Abortion & Euthanasia! x:smile:

I'll be working on my Crime/Conflict as I haven't had a chance to revise it in full yet, once I've done that I'll PM you with the document!
Reply 5
Original post by katiehackett
I am really nervous. Although I feel i've done a fair bit of revision, i'm scared that i'll forget it or haven't learnt bits. Give me a random question to test me to see if we've been taught the same sort of things?
Here's one "If my wife doesn't find out, it's okay." Do you think adultery should be accepted?

Basically this is what I'd write, bearing in mind it was a 3/4 mark answer.

Some Christians believe adultery is wrong, as it is bringing a 3rd person into the relationship while breaking the vows made and promised during marriage. The Roman Catholic church especially disagrees with adultery, as it can cause deep sadness to the partner and stress.

Here I haven't yet used a Bible quote, but I'd just do that as a sort of summary while viewing one idea.

Other Christians believe adultery is wrong, but wont judge someone because of it, 'God gave free will' so people should be able to do what they want. Adultery may be committed if there is a disappointment in love-making with their married partner, which may not have been discovered if the couple agree with Chastity.

Personally, I think adultery should not be accepted, as stated it can cause stress/problems and is a form and sinning against the vows they made on their wedding day. If it is because some one has a disability, they should not be judged for this and should be loved and helped as anyone else 'Everyone is equal in belief of Christ Jesus' there is also a quote 'do not commit adultery' which is in the bible along with 'Sex outside of marriage is seen as a sin'. God told people to 'Avoid every kind of evil' and as this could be seen as evil, I don't think it should be accepted.

Here's a question for you;

What do Christians believe about Contraception, explore more than one point of view. (6 marks)
Reply 6
Original post by ForeverMeii
I'm sitting this paper too! I don't think it's going to be exceedingly hard, although I have a feeling Fertility Treatment will be covered this time around. Do you guys do any other religious Ethics exams?

Our school does Jewish Ethics, which I'll be taking next year as they switch over to Christian Ethics.
Reply 7
Original post by Moorzy2911
Our school does Jewish Ethics, which I'll be taking next year as they switch over to Christian Ethics.

Ah right, sounds good.
Is this the Roman Catholic ethics papeR?
Reply 9
It's all Christian, includes CofE too.
Reply 10
I'm doing the exam on monday. Would you mind uploading your notes please? I haven't done any notes for it lol
Looking forward to Mondays exam. It shouldn't be overly difficult and as long as you can think of a valid point on both sides you're set on the 6 markers. Please could you upload your notes so I could just look over them and see if I can use them to add to my notes. Thanks!
Reply 12
Okay, here's my notes, although they're not all as neat as the first!!!

I apologise for it being so late, I just completely forgot!
Reply 13
Original post by katiehackett

Original post by Blink856
I'm doing the exam on monday. Would you mind uploading your notes please? I haven't done any notes for it lol

Original post by Kyle_Boardman
Looking forward to Mondays exam. It shouldn't be overly difficult and as long as you can think of a valid point on both sides you're set on the 6 markers. Please could you upload your notes so I could just look over them and see if I can use them to add to my notes. Thanks!

They're uploaded!

You're a star!!! Thanks so much! These are perfect. Good luck for tomorrow everyone.
Reply 15
Original post by Kyle_Boardman
You're a star!!! Thanks so much! These are perfect. Good luck for tomorrow everyone.

And you.
Reply 16

Thank you for that it was really good. I've got a few but they're REALLY basic, if anyone wants to have a look :smile:
Reply 17
Nice notes Moorzy, cheers!

I'm hoping Unit 5 is a little easier than Unit 4, as I have to do both.
Reply 18
for the bible quotes, do we need to reference where in the bible the quote is from?
Reply 19
Pretty decent exam yes?
Which essay section B did you guys do?
I did the discrimination and marriage :smile: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending