The Student Room Group

Religious Studies A:2 (Christian Ethics) - Monday 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by britash
Pretty decent exam yes?
Which essay section B did you guys do?
I did the discrimination and marriage :smile: :tongue:

I also did this, didn't realise it said "remarriage in CHURCH" until like 2 minutes before the end. :mad:

Rest of it was as easy as **** though.
Reply 21
Original post by Moorzy2911

I also did this, didn't realise it said "remarriage in CHURCH" until like 2 minutes before the end. :mad:

Rest of it was as easy as **** though.

Yes, it was not too bad.
The only ones I stuggled on were 'Explain why Christians might allow nuclear weapons' (or something like that) and 'Explain the causes of crime'
I'm extremely happy that practically nothing came up on the environment. I just talked about the sanctity of life ALL the way through. Haha :smile: x
Reply 22
Original post by britash
Yes, it was not too bad.
The only ones I stuggled on were 'Explain why Christians might allow nuclear weapons' (or something like that) and 'Explain the causes of crime'
I'm extremely happy that practically nothing came up on the environment. I just talked about the sanctity of life ALL the way through. Haha :smile: x

Didn't write Sanctity once. :|

I wrote all the way through "God's plan for life" and "free will" etc.
Reply 23
I'm sure we are both right. Haha.
It's nice to talk about the paper on here, because nobody else did this paper at my school :frown:~
Going through it with my teacher tomorrow. She's really happy I didn't pick the Environment. It looked like a really hard question :P x
Reply 24
Original post by britash
I'm sure we are both right. Haha.
It's nice to talk about the paper on here, because nobody else did this paper at my school :frown:~
Going through it with my teacher tomorrow. She's really happy I didn't pick the Environment. It looked like a really hard question :P x

I think I did TOO much revision, wasn't necessary and wasted valuable Biology/History revision time!
Original post by britash
Pretty decent exam yes?
Which essay section B did you guys do?
I did the discrimination and marriage :smile: :tongue:

A really fair exam. Me and my teacher went over it afterwards when she got a copy of it and it made me feel pretty confident! I did discrimination too as I thought this was the easiest... I think everyone put MLK for it? Apart from my really dumb friend that went blank and put Jesus and talked about the good Samaritan haha :P The nuclear weaponry one was difficult so I think I lost a few marks there... Looking forward to August 26th for my Classical Civ and Ethics results now :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
I did MLK, thankfully I checked over it as I read back to myself.. "Martin Luther Vandross"...

Had enough time to edit it.
I did MLK, thankfully I checked over it as I read back to myself.. "Martin Luther Vandross"...

Had enough time to edit it.

I realised on one of the insert questions I'd only done half of the argument. Luckily 10 minutes was enough to do the other half :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Kyle_Boardman

Original post by Kyle_Boardman
A really fair exam. Me and my teacher went over it afterwards when she got a copy of it and it made me feel pretty confident! I did discrimination too as I thought this was the easiest... I think everyone put MLK for it? Apart from my really dumb friend that went blank and put Jesus and talked about the good Samaritan haha :P The nuclear weaponry one was difficult so I think I lost a few marks there... Looking forward to August 26th for my Classical Civ and Ethics results now :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to going over mine tomorrow :smile:
I *only* just finished though. I was writing about hypocritical vows when the person told me to stop :/
Yeah I wrote about Martin Luther King Jr. It's a bit of a vague question really, because where do you get the 6 marks from??
Lol. They might get marks for Jesus and the Good Samaritan. I can't remember the exact question though :smile:
Seems like a lot of people are happy with the exam. I thought it would have been SO much more difficult considering last years exam was so easy :P x
Reply 29
am I the only one who did the environment question? lol...and were you meant to put the exact bible references for quotations?
Reply 30
Original post by DCampJ

Original post by DCampJ
am I the only one who did the environment question? lol...and were you meant to put the exact bible references for quotations?

Lol. Seems like it :P
I thought it was a really hard question! But I didn't like the environment out of all the topics XD
No, you don't have to say where they are from, just 'Your body is the temple of the holy spirit' or 'Love your neighbour and pray for those who persecute you' <--- will be just fine XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending