The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got my BMAT paid for, but then again I go to a private school, and considering the fees that my parents have to pay, I'd be pretty annoyed if they made us pay!
Reply 21
Orange-med
i got 20.9 on bmat, 4A's and no interview yet from UCL.
I rang them a few days ago and they said they hadn't recieved my application so advice for anyone still waiting would be to give them a call. Apparently they have been interviewing since the beginning of december. I still haven't got an interview because they're trying to find my bmat result now :/
good luck everyone

well i havent heard of leicester or bristol...unrelated but i will call monday if anyone is still there. i was going to phone them yesterday but i talked myself out of it as i didnt want to seem to pushy!
Reply 22
is it really a good idea calling them up? I havent heared from any (and ive applied to Bristol and Leicester too by the way), should I call up and check or just wait?
Reply 23
PSdilemma
is it really a good idea calling them up? I havent heared from any (and ive applied to Bristol and Leicester too by the way), should I call up and check or just wait?

i dont know...i am undecided. But the thing is i am reapplying and cant afford another year or rejections!
I didn't even konw you had to pay for the BMAT :eek:
Lol guess my school must have paid for it, and i go to a state school :smile:
Reply 25
fairy princess
I didn't even konw you had to pay for the BMAT :eek:
Lol guess my school must have paid for it, and i go to a state school :smile:

same here! :biggrin: :wink:
Madprof
Well, you're very lucky, PSdilemma! Very very lucky. I'm over £20 out of pocket thanks to BMAT. Gah. Although it did prove to be a useful exam.

I had to pay the fee and a fee to have some woman sit in with my whilst i sat it and just cough non-stop.
PSdilemma
same here! :biggrin: :wink:

Ditto
Fluent in Lies
I had to pay the fee and a fee to have some woman sit in with my whilst i sat it and just cough non-stop.

There was a group drum lesson going on in the room below me during the BMAT, I win :p:
Reply 29
I couldn't concentrate because I was panicking about missing two maths lessons ...

Doesn't really work as well, does it? :rolleyes: :wink:
Reply 30
I was just delighted I got there on time, as there were some train delays. Maybe I should be lucky about that so I didn't had any time left to be nervous for the test :wink:
Reply 31
heh I was made to sit in this office (of the examination coordinator), quite peaceful actually, compared to drum classes and coughing people! :biggrin:

has anybody heared from their bmat unis?
PSdilemma
heh I was made to sit in this office (of the examination coordinator), quite peaceful actually, compared to drum classes and coughing people! :biggrin:

has anybody heared from their bmat unis?

Interview at UCl on Feb the 2nd (if I remember correctly)
There were no drum lessons going on during mine, but i was in a small room in our 6th form centre with paper-thin walls and a load of rowdy lower 6th outside, and an incredibly creaky door :rolleyes:

That's my excuse anyway and i'm sticking to it :biggrin:
Reply 34
Im the only person doing medicine in my school, so i went to the local boys grammer school to take the test. (no way i was going into central london when all the local schools were doing it).

I was just delighted I got there on time, as there were some train delays

my interview @ UCL was at 10 (with the talk 1st a 9:30). That morning there was no westbound central line service east of mile end :eek:. I spent £11 on travel that day. Walking down the platform in the crush of people at 8:30 at Liverpool street station felt like a scene from 'march of the penguins'
Reply 35
Fluent in Lies

oh good luck! :smile:
PSdilemma
oh good luck! :smile:

I'm so nervous already :redface:
Reply 37

They're pretty friendly, especially Dr Cross, who gave the introductory talk. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending