The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Unit 1 Economics 20th May - Discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I did question 26. As it has most of the info in the question.

Am I the only one that found the multiple choice difficult?
Reply 41
I found the multiple choice difficult aswell
Reply 42
i did question 27, but i didnt really know the proper defintion for market mechanism, but i wrote that the pricing mechanism allocates resources in the market?, is that correct.

then for the 12 mark question i did 2 supply curves with the supply curve shifting to the right because of no govenrment intervention, and a steep demand curve, but only 1 demand curve, is that right?

and this is what i got for the mulitple choice which i though was quite hard.

1. A
2. D
3. B
4. D
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. C
10. B
11. D
12. D
13. A
14. D
15. D
16. C
17. C
18. C
19. B
20. C
21. D
22. B
23. D
24. B
25. A

does anyone know what the answers are to the multiple choice
Reply 43
The multiple choice was really bad for elasticity type questions. if it was the one thing you thought may only be a few questions on, it was about 9 ! how did people find the 8 marker for alcohol ?
Reply 44
Original post by pinkthepig

it was define market mechanism :smile: i put ( not sure if its right ) the market mechanism is the allocation of scarce economic resources by the free market using the mechanisms of price which include rationing, signalling and incentives.
you?

i did the almost the same answer as you, but i researched it, and it said it is demand and supply that allocate resources, so i dont know whether what we said is fully correct
Reply 45
Original post by SM94
I found the multiple choice difficult aswell

Too many elasticity questions. :mad:
Reply 46
Original post by economic
i did question 27, but i didnt really know the proper defintion for market mechanism, but i wrote that the pricing mechanism allocates resources in the market?, is that correct.

then for the 12 mark question i did 2 supply curves with the supply curve shifting to the right because of no govenrment intervention, and a steep demand curve, but only 1 demand curve, is that right?

and this is what i got for the mulitple choice which i though was quite hard.

1. A
2. D
3. B
4. D
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. C
10. B
11. D
12. D
13. A
14. D
15. D
16. C
17. C
18. C
19. B
20. C
21. D
22. B
23. D
24. B
25. A

does anyone know what the answers are to the multiple choice

How did you manage to remember those answers?
Reply 47
Original post by Limitless

Original post by Limitless
How did you manage to remember those answers?

lol, i wrote them down on a piece of paper, there was way too many elastiocty questions.
Reply 48
Original post by economic
i did the almost the same answer as you, but i researched it, and it said it is demand and supply that allocate resources, so i dont know whether what we said is fully correct

Damn! I thought the Price mechanism allocates scarce resources and D&S respond to prices (PeD/PeS)
I got pretty different multiple choice answers to you... thought i did alright as well.

1.B
2.D
3.B
4.D
5.C
6.D
7.D
8.A
9.D
10.C
11.D
12.D
13.D
14.B
15.D
16.B
17.A
18.B
19.A
20.C
21.C
22.B
23.C
24.C
25.A

I just tore the corner off of the question paper and wrote them down, deffo not possible remembering them all!!
Reply 50
it was define market mechanism :smile: i put ( not sure if its right ) the market mechanism is the allocation of scarce economic resources by the free market using the mechanisms of price which include rationing, signalling and incentives.
you?

Pretty much the same as yours.

I did not know the exact definition.

I wrote something like market mechansim is a system which allocates resources based on consumers' self interest. It is composed of three functions namely, incentive, signalling and rationing. The price is determined solely by the interaction between demand and supply.

Not sure if that's actually correct.
I know you guys are calling them Q26 and Q27 but they weren't labelled as that were they? I did the alcohol question and just put 05, 06, 07 and 08 in the margin because the housing Market Q would have been 01, 02, 03 and 04.
I know it's a stupid thing to be worrying about but I heard the exam boards are quite pissy about stuff like that...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by sfs1012

I wrote something like market mechansim is a system which allocates resources based on consumers' self interest. It is composed of three functions namely, incentive, signalling and rationing. The price is determined solely by the interaction between demand and supply.

I assumed it referred to voluntary trade using currency doing so in self interest?
Reply 53
Original post by sfs1012

Original post by sfs1012

the only thing i didnt write was demand and supply, so i dont know whther i just got 2 marks or 5 marks, as i wrote evrything else.
Reply 54
Original post by should be revising
I know you guys are calling them Q26 and Q27 but they weren't labelled as that were they? I did the alcohol question and just put 05, 06, 07 and 08 in the margin because the housing Market Q would have been 01, 02, 03 and 04.
I know it's a stupid thing to be worrying about but I heard the exam boards are quite pissy stuff like that...

No you are right. 26 and 27 follow on from the MC questions which ended on 25. 01,02...and 05,06...are the questions within the sections 26 and 27
Failed it. Got up to part d of question 1-4, and had 10 minutes left. Did 2 paragraphs, 2 points and flaws and time ended. Managed to write about 1 page.

Failure is imminent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Awesomesauce
Failed it. Got up to part d of question 1-4, and had 10 minutes left. Did 2 paragraphs, 2 points of comparison and flaws and time ended. Managed to write about 1 page.

Failure is imminent.

I feel the same way. My brother, who has sat the exams years ago, gave me some advice and said that if you do not have enough time to write an essay then make quick bullet points scrape some more marks. I wished he told me this before the exams. But I will start with the data response Q's in Unit 2 leaving myself enough time as the MC were ok for me.
Reply 57
what did you guys draw for the graph on q27 part c? I drew a normal supply/demand curve not the msc/msb
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
I done question 27. However; I have easily failed.

A) I defined the market mechanism as with supply and demand equilibrium etc.
B) Got two pointas should get full marks
C) Done a diagram for negative externalities etc and said why and how.
D) Defined negative externality. Used min price, tax, age limit, black markets, ban, budget deficit etc? I drew diagram for neg externalitlies and D+S diagram

Any help on how you think I would have got on?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BeBop
I feel the same way. My brother, who has sat the exams years ago, gave me some advice and said that if you do not have enough time to write an essay then make quick bullet points scrape some more marks. I wished he told me this before the exams. But I will start with the data response Q's in Unit 2 leaving myself enough time as the MC were ok for me.

How much did you write for the part d? I did hardly anything as only had about 10 minutes or so, then ran out of time after 2 points and evaluating them. Failed. Did approximately a page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending