The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 Chemistry Practical 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hellothere!!
Yep done module 4 today what you think? I hope to study pharm at QUB also...

what did you think of mod4?
Reply 21
Original post by x_Lindsay_x
oh my goodness yes, what did you think of it?

I think I made a decent attempt at it but too many drawings of isomers for my liking lol what about u?
Original post by becky2010
I think I made a decent attempt at it but too many drawings of isomers for my liking lol what about u?

yeah same, a lot of isomers :frown:! haha im hoping the boundaries are reasonably low cuz it was hard.. do you remember any answers?
Reply 23
yeah same, a lot of isomers :frown:! haha im hoping the boundaries are reasonably low cuz it was hard.. do you remember any answers?

emm i got 189 for the saponification value, -606 for the electron affinity but im pretty sure thts wrong, ill try think of few more

wbu?
Reply 24
o and the cs/trans isomer question - i dont think the structure i put down exists lol maybe ill get a mark for effort lmao
emm i got 189 for the saponification value, -606 for the electron affinity but im pretty sure thts wrong, ill try think of few more

wbu?

i got mixed up with decimal places and converting from mg to g, got those numbers (189) but pretty sure i put the decimal place in the wrong place! DOH! haha

i got -363 or something like that for the e.affinity, there were quite a few ph questions, i remember 13.3 as an answer, and 4.76? and being confused when it only gave you 0.2 and told you to work out ph for a strong acid, i just used the eq with ka in it but left it as 1(fully ionised?) not sure tho..
what did you think of mod4?

Was hard enough i also got 189 for saponification value... Well 188.8 r something..
Was hard enough i also got 189 for saponification value... Well 188.8 r something..

yeahh, there was also one about rate equations, did anyone get first and zero orders? then apparently you were supposed to do alkyl hydrolysis of a tertiary alkyl halide, i think i did primary :*(
yeahh, there was also one about rate equations, did anyone get first and zero orders? then apparently you were supposed to do alkyl hydrolysis of a tertiary alkyl halide, i think i did primary :*(

First and zero... Yep oh i to did primary not tertiary?? First iv heard it was tertiary?
Reply 29
yea i got first with respect to c4h9br then zero with respect to OH - really wasnt sure if the zero order is right though
o and the cs/trans isomer question - i dont think the structure i put down exists lol maybe ill get a mark for effort lmao

haha i know that was ridicc :L marks for effort would be nice lmaoo:smile:
Reply 31
i got mixed up with decimal places and converting from mg to g, got those numbers (189) but pretty sure i put the decimal place in the wrong place! DOH! haha

i got -363 or something like that for the e.affinity, there were quite a few ph questions, i remember 13.3 as an answer, and 4.76? and being confused when it only gave you 0.2 and told you to work out ph for a strong acid, i just used the eq with ka in it but left it as 1(fully ionised?) not sure tho..

yep i think got those ph values as well :-) trying to remember other questions..
[QUOTE="Hellothere!!;31657135"]First and zero... Yep oh i to did primary not tertiary?? First iv heard it was tertiary?[/QUOTE

Really? oh my word i hope primarys right, it was just that it said something about being with respect to the rate equation, which had one species in it Rate = k[C4H9Br] so that would mean tertiary..

but the rate equation might have been rate = k[C4H9Br][OH]^0?
First and zero... Yep oh i to did primary not tertiary?? First iv heard it was tertiary?

sorry see above.. i messed up the quote LOL
yep i think got those ph values as well :-) trying to remember other questions..

yay i love agreeing with people on answers :smile: less chance that both are wrong!
Reply 35
sorry see above.. i messed up the quote LOL

the question said to use your own rate eqn so i think we would get method marks whether the eqn was right or not :-) u know the CET (carry error through marking)

can u remember any multiple choice qu's?
the question said to use your own rate eqn so i think we would get method marks whether the eqn was right or not :-) u know the CET (carry error through marking)

can u remember any multiple choice qu's?

i cant really remember actually, i think they were mostly okay apart from one, about like Kc? it was ques 4 i think..
Reply 37
yea i thought tht qu was hard - ive heard few ppl saying they got 1.0 and a few got 5.0 :-/
yea i thought tht qu was hard - ive heard few ppl saying they got 1.0 and a few got 5.0 :-/

i literally think i guessed in the end, i think i put A :L
Reply 39
i literally think i guessed in the end, i think i put A :L

snap!!! need to revise A2 2 now good luck keep in touch we can compare answers on fri lol

Quick Reply

Latest