Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Original post by nees
anyone staying in block D?

hey, most of us second years are in D-block this year, im in D26 :smile:
Original post by Brizee

Original post by Brizee
Really? I've always had a good time there :s-smilie:

This is almost certainly true but if your searching for the Fire Alarm free Halls you're probably wasting your breath - when they're are people living away from home for the first time there is gonna be mishaps.

Parking is probably true, but its premium accomodation things are going to come with a premium, as for the TV Channels that's surely worth raising with the building manager?

This I won't dignify, though you neglected to mention the Dundee College students there.

Quality comes at a cost - if you intend on breaking stuff maybe you wanna go with a cheaper set of halls?

True, again premium accommodation

Again something to raise with the building manager but at least we can guarantee the people doing that won't be here when the above move in? :smile:

Completely the opposite of every experience I've had there, guess it depends who you're in with.

No personally I've had plenty of enjoyable times in the Hub (though I've never stayed there) and I hope you guys moving in have as much fun. :smile:

i lived at the hub last year, and only Eblock really had trouble with fire alarms and that was because we were all first years. it was a great place to live, really friendly (apart from one or two members of staff) and amazing banter the whole year. im moving back again i liked it so much, so are most of my friends. the locatin for both unis and all the clubs is amazing, and the actual rooms are really nice too.
Original post by andrewrh

Original post by andrewrh
Iv just spent the last year at the hub and im staying again next year. I dont know how you can think its an unfriendly place, everyone is friendly with everyone and always up for a laugh and a good night out, if you have had a bad experience there then you must of been doing something wrong because everyone i know who lives in/visited the hub over the last year has loved it. Yes about half the students go to Abertay the other half go to dundee, this gives a good mix of people and the chance to meet people you would never speak to otherwise, it really doesnt matter where people go anyway because you all end up going to the same places on a night out.

Yeah some of the tv channels didnt work when i got here, do you know what i did? rescanned the tv and by magic i got all the channels!
Yes some people do come back from nights out singing but that happens at every student hall and dont just say its foreign people because 90% of the time it will be a friendly scot having a good time.
And dont complain about the charges for breaking things, if you dont break it you wont be charged.

hahaah, you tell em rainman :P ... which block you in next year andrew?? im in D26 :smile:
Original post by LAsp1709

Original post by LAsp1709
hey, yeah I managed to get it all sorted :smile: just had to sort it so the money came off my card instead of another and that seemed to work. Also, the tenancy agreements come up after the payment option is selected ( confusing at first because some say you have to pay first). All is sorted though :smile:

Me and my friend are in Block D :smile: Do anyone know when to move in? I got an email with times but it only has block A and B :/ ...or can you just go anytime within the times they let you in? lol

D block move in times are the saturday 3rd, from early morning up till 6PM ... if youre on the message, scroll down, and at the bottom theres a teeeensy little tab that shows you the other blocks apart from A and B :smile:
Original post by Beccax30
hahaah, you tell em rainman :P ... which block you in next year andrew?? im in D26 :smile:

There's a girl in this group who's probably your next-door neighbour? :tongue: In D27 if I recall correctly.
Reply 26
ahhh cool, didn't see that before...ooops. :P
Says my block can move in on the 4th so pheww! all is good :smile: Not sure if I could move in on the 3rd because my friend is and she is in the same block as me...Not sure if they prefer you to come at set times so its not over crowded at the one time.
:smile:
Reply 27
i'm in D4. am i ground floor? really looking forward to it! have a lot of people applied for flats with their friends or just moving into random flats?
Reply 28
I'm going to dundee soon, it was my insurance so I've no idea what to do for accommodation. Are there many freshers in the hub? Which block would be the best for a fresher looking to meet new friends?
Reply 29
Hey, Dundee was also my insurance...and yesterday I struggled with picking accommodation because the uni told me that there were no vacancies in their halls and I would be being put on a waiting list. the lady told me to also look into going to the Hub. I did, and have decided to stay there :smile: I'm assuming by looking at this forum, first years are put into blocks together. I haven't been told yet which block I'm in but the whole process has been pretty simple so far :smile: hope that helps x
Reply 30
Hey i'm also a first year and i'm in the process of applying for accommodation at The Hub, just need to send away the form now. I was disappointed not to get Campus halls but The Hub looks awesome!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Hey just got an email from Dundee uni saying its unlikely ile be able to get halls and to look at private accommodation. Thinking about going hub, it isnt too late to apply for hub is it and do they stick freshers together , id like to be with a bunch of first years so it doesn't feel like im missing out but im not even sure freshers go to hub cos you guys are the only people ive seen post about it . =/ Made an account just to say that ha
Original post by millarr
Hey just got an email from Dundee uni saying its unlikely ile be able to get halls and to look at private accommodation. Thinking about going hub, it isnt too late to apply for hub is it and do they stick freshers together , id like to be with a bunch of first years so it doesn't feel like im missing out but im not even sure freshers go to hub cos you guys are the only people ive seen post about it . =/ Made an account just to say that ha

Plenty of freshers go for The Hub :smile: Last year there was a group on FB with about 200 members IIRC! If you go for The Hub, be warned that they want the first installment of rent (~£1700) before August 24th. But I suppose that all the private ones will be wanting money soon, too.
Reply 33
I had no trouble booking the Hub as my accomodation. I rang to see if there were rooms left first because the website was slightly unclear...but the lady was nice and told me that there were still certain rooms left. I honestly don't know how it works as far as who you get put with. But during the application process I was asked to state which year I was going into. So pressumably they will put all first years together, that's what I'm hoping :smile: x
Reply 34
Anyone in C block?
Just looked at that email they sent out today and it said they want the tenancy agreement before the 24th too? I'm paying the first installment tomorrow so that's not a problem but I doubt the tenancy agreement will arrive in Dundee before Wednesday?!
Reply 36
Original post by Vitamin D
Just looked at that email they sent out today and it said they want the tenancy agreement before the 24th too? I'm paying the first installment tomorrow so that's not a problem but I doubt the tenancy agreement will arrive in Dundee before Wednesday?!

Give them a call and ask tommorrow :smile:
Original post by Brizee
Give them a call and ask tommorrow :smile:

Yeah, going to do this :smile:

While I'm here... are we required to send Photo ID with the tenancy agreement? I've read it back to front and I'm sure all it says you need to include is proof of address for your guarantor, but in that email it said they need to have received Photo ID? Does it just mean on the day?
How do you pay the deposit? It said it isn't done automatically so presumably I need to go through the CRM website to do so? I've already paid my booking fee and the first installment.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it!
Reply 39
You do need photo ID of gaurantor. I didn't send it and just recieved an email saying i must send it asap! alsoo, I'm in C block?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending