The Student Room Group

Student finance asking me to send them info for LAST year?

Had a letter asking for my parent's tax credits for 2009/10 so they can review my 2010/11 application, BUT I've already had my money from that. And they are saying if I don't send it then I may have to pay some back? I don't understand, surely if they assessed me wrong in the first place its their problem and I shouldn't have to pay any back. It's all gone on accommodation and other things so no way I can pay it back. Anyone else had this? It's student finance wales btw.
Reply 1
In what you agreed to when you signed the declaration for the loan, it will state you have to pay back any over payments. Even if the overpayment was due to Student Finance assessing you wrong. What they normally will do is take the overpayment out of next years payments.
Reply 2
Original post by flipshot
In what you agreed to when you signed the declaration for the loan, it will state you have to pay back any over payments. Even if the overpayment was due to Student Finance assessing you wrong. What they normally will do is take the overpayment out of next years payments.

Thanks, in the letter is says they are re-assessing 2010/11 which is the academic year that has just finished, but they also want me to send the tax credits for 2010/11 but that's not what it was assessed on. On the phone the advisor told me to send in 2008/09 financial information with the p60s but why does the letter want 10/11 based on last years application? Not even this next years application is based on 2010/11 financial details its based on 2009/2010 ones :/ Confused!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending