the question said which one isnt a competive advantge

i think we need the paper.
Reply 41
Original post by Casshern1456
i think we need the paper.[/QUOT
it was harder than the jan by miles
i think we need the paper.

The other options and I remember for this one because I love Wagamama and reading the question made me so hungry, ha.
They were; Paying the national minimum wage, Waiters using handheld PDAs to fill in orders, I think the next was the seating arrangement then came the one about how customers spend less time .
From the options, you can see that there's a pattern, only one of them is not a competitive advantage while all the rest are. Therefore, confirming that the question asked for the option that was not a competitive advantage. It's not a big deal though because marks are given for justification as well.
Original post by mintmocha
The other options and I remember for this one because I love Wagamama and reading the question made me so hungry, ha.
They were; Paying the national minimum wage, Waiters using handheld PDAs to fill in orders, I think the next was the seating arrangement then came the one about how customers spend less time .
From the options, you can see that there's a pattern, only one of them is not a competitive advantage while all the rest are. Therefore, confirming that the question asked for the option that was not a competitive advantage. It's not a big deal though because marks are given for justification as well.

Hmm so the question was "which of these is not a competitive advantage" well it looks like i misread the question i put the CA definition down and went on to explain why mine was right and all the others was wrong lol will only be getting 2/4 for that.
Reply 44

is my answer right then
Reply 45
Original post by kingam
for busienss plan i wrote it is a legal requirement and for niche markets why would the demand be high it should be low shouldnt it because in india less people would buy italian products

a business plan is NOT a legal requirement, was one of the options for applying for a loan
Reply 46
Original post by CalumBagnall
a business plan is NOT a legal requirement, was one of the options for applying for a loan

lol i said i choose the answer not legal requirement beacuse question was whihc is least likely
Reply 47
In Part B, their was a question about cash flow forcasting and whether Pete should use one?

Firstly I defined a cash flow forecast
Then I talked about you need a cash flow forecast for applying for a bank loan
Then I said that you are able to compare budgeted and actual forecasts
And lastly discussed one or two disadvantages of a cash flow forecast

How many marks do you reckon I got fo that?
Reply 48
Also what did people answer for the unemployment question, I choose the option which said 'problems recruiting staff'. But I think that was wrong.
In Part B, their was a question about cash flow forcasting and whether Pete should use one?

Firstly I defined a cash flow forecast
Then I talked about you need a cash flow forecast for applying for a bank loan
Then I said that you are able to compare budgeted and actual forecasts
And lastly discussed one or two disadvantages of a cash flow forecast

How many marks do you reckon I got fo that?

The question was give two ways why a business plan was useful to peter.

But yes the context of your cash-flow answer is correct(you need to make assumptions he hasn't already made the loan as there was no evidence of it in evidence A) it would depend how you wrote your answer down but you'd definitely get marks.

I remember a interest rate question now...hmm.
Also what did people answer for the unemployment question, I choose the option which said 'problems recruiting staff'. But I think that was wrong.

Was it one of the multi choices. i think the question is how unemployment affects business selling luxury products..well it's pretty self explanatory.
Reply 51
Was it one of the multi choices. i think the question is how unemployment affects business selling luxury products..well it's pretty self explanatory.

Yes it was a multi choice question, but I think the question was about unemployment in Birmingham had risen by 20% and the question asked how might this affect a company in this are. (I think)
Yes it was a multi choice question, but I think the question was about unemployment in Birmingham had risen by 20% and the question asked how might this affect a company in this are. (I think)

Yeah it also mentions the business sells luxury items. So employment (or use case of a recession) is bad for luxury businesses.
Reply 53
I found part A quite easy, however some of the questions did'nt really relate to business. Like the question about the rise in population and food stock will get lower, that did'nt really relate to business at all. However Part B was slighly harder, especially the 12 mark question, on reccomending whether Pete should be a private limited company. Also I found that 1h 15 is not enough time for that exam, and struggled to write as much as I would of wanted. But overall I was pleased.

ahhh i messed up my paper badly:frown:
i cudnt guess anythin for the price of petrol (MCQ)--jus chose the first option and ofc failed to write why my answer was correct---so 4 marks defo gone there:frown::frown:--
and i dint haf tym to attempt the 'resilent' one :'( :'(
i think section B was alot much easier then section A surprisingly---
btw---types of business organization is not mentioned in the syllabus--or is it??:confused: i dint study fer it buh gave my brain a hell bad tym to recall it from my IGCSE course!
plus, cash flow forecasting is in the unit-2 syllabus!!

i completely agree on the time limit----the paper shud haf been for 1 hr 30 mins---
answers are expected to contextualise wid the case study---but how can we do that if we dont haf the time to go over the case study more then once??

ahhh all the hard work seems to go down the gutter....
Reply 54
The question was give two ways why a business plan was useful to peter.

But yes the context of your cash-flow answer is correct(you need to make assumptions he hasn't already made the loan as there was no evidence of it in evidence A) it would depend how you wrote your answer down but you'd definitely get marks.

I remember a interest rate question now...hmm.

The intrest rate question, said explain two ways intrest rates affected Pete, but I am not sure if you had to relate to the graph
Original post by uzmakhan
ahhh i messed up my paper badly:frown:
i cudnt guess anythin for the price of petrol (MCQ)--jus chose the first option and ofc failed to write why my answer was correct---so 4 marks defo gone there:frown::frown:--
and i dint haf tym to attempt the 'resilent' one :'( :'(
i think section B was alot much easier then section A surprisingly---
btw---types of business organization is not mentioned in the syllabus--or is it??:confused: i dint study fer it buh gave my brain a hell bad tym to recall it from my IGCSE course!
plus, cash flow forecasting is in the unit-2 syllabus!!

i completely agree on the time limit----the paper shud haf been for 1 hr 30 mins---
answers are expected to contextualise wid the case study---but how can we do that if we dont haf the time to go over the case study more then once??

ahhh all the hard work seems to go down the gutter....

Just work on the rest of the units. The good thing about the business studies course is that every exam has an equal weight in your final mark so if you're able to score better in the rest of the units, you'll be fine.

Types of business organisations is part of the Unit 1 syllabus although I was not aware of cash flow forecasts were also included.

About the time limit, do past papers and TIME yourself. This way you know where you stand and by what margin you should improve. Do these over the course of the year or over the weeks/month before the exams and you should be fine.
Reply 56
Just work on the rest of the units. The good thing about the business studies course is that every exam has an equal weight in your final mark so if you're able to score better in the rest of the units, you'll be fine.

Types of business organisations is part of the Unit 1 syllabus although I was not aware of cash flow forecasts were also included.

About the time limit, do past papers and TIME yourself. This way you know where you stand and by what margin you should improve. Do these over the course of the year or over the weeks/month before the exams and you should be fine.

do you have nay revsion notes on unit 2 b dont mind me asking
Reply 57
Hi there,

I have an exam tomorrow and for those that have done the exam. I was wondering whether they give rejection marks as they did in the Jan 2011 paper in section A. In past papers before Jan 2011 have yet to see that the accept rejection marks. So I was wondering whether anyone can confirm that there are rejection marks available in this June exam tomorrow.

Cheers
Reply 58
My teacher has always told me that they accept up to two rejection marks on the multiple choice questions but after that I'm not so sure. I think your best bet though would be to add some Knowledge and Evaluation to your answers as they give you the higher marks.
Reply 59
Original post by PeterG92
My teacher has always told me that they accept up to two rejection marks on the multiple choice questions but after that I'm not so sure. I think your best bet though would be to add some Knowledge and Evaluation to your answers as they give you the higher marks.

Ah ok...It seems that every teacher including mine is saying that they will accept rejection marks...like you said it's probably better to be safe than sorry and add Knowledge and evaluation to the answers.

Latest

Trending

Trending