The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers Thread May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the real viper
For 9(iii) I put pi/6 which is correct but instead of putting 5/6pi I put (pi - pi/6) which is equal to 5/6pi I'm worried they won't realise this how many marks will I lose??

lose 1
Original post by jedhemsley
is -3-sqrt(29)/2 the same as -(3+sqrt(29)/2)? because that was what my calculator gave me when i entered a '-' into the quadratic formula. im pretty sure they are the same but will they give credit for it? it looks a bit weird :frown: thanks :smile:

Not quite the same but I think you probably got the question right.
Reply 262
Original post by Mr M
Not quite the same but I think you probably got the question right.

How many marks would I lose in total please (Thanks for putting the answers up by the way :smile: )

In 9aiii I got both of the values right but mucked up the inequality signs

9b I thought I had a pretty decent method, but instead of pi/12 and 7pi/12 I got pi/12 and 5pi/12, both my values seemed to work when I put them back through the original equation so I don't know what went wrong :/

How many marks do you think I would lose in total? Do you normally need 100% raw to get 100% UMS in C2?

Thanks very much! :smile:
Original post by tateco
How many marks would I lose in total please (Thanks for putting the answers up by the way :smile: )

In 9aiii I got both of the values right but mucked up the inequality signs

9b I thought I had a pretty decent method, but instead of pi/12 and 7pi/12 I got pi/12 and 5pi/12, both my values seemed to work when I put them back through the original equation so I don't know what went wrong :/

How many marks do you think I would lose in total? Do you normally need 100% raw to get 100% UMS in C2?

Thanks very much! :smile:

probably drop 1 mark and drop 2 marks

Yes, usually 100 = 100 (but it can be lower)
Reply 264
Original post by Mr M
probably drop 1 mark and drop 2 marks

Yes, usually 100 = 100 (but it can be lower)

Thanks that's reassuring, I thought it would be more like 5-6! :smile:
Reply 265
For 4ii) i wrote the wrong equation for the integration. I did the right method but instead of integrating y^2+2y+3, i accidently used y^2+2y+6. so got an answer of 14/3 cm^2. how many marks will i lose? Will i lose all 5 marks or will i get some error carried forward marks??? thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest