The Student Room Group

Intermediate 2 Chemistry - 26 May 2011

Hi, well I'm in S4 and doing Int 2 Chemistry in less than a week. Not very good at Chemistry and not looking forward to the exam. But it has to be done and at least afterwards I will be free from Chemistry forever!

What is every one else thinking? Does anyone who has already done Int 2 Chem have any tips? What are you doing to revise for Int 2 Chemistry?
Reply 1
What is every one else thinking? Does anyone who has already done Int 2 Chem have any tips? What are you doing to revise for Int 2 Chemistry?

I think it depends on your exam board, so everyone in england is having their exam on wednesday. But i have a good feeling one of the bonding's like covalent, ionic will be a favourate question. And i have seen quite a lot of past papers with how to calculate masses in reactions :smile:
Reply 2
I think it depends on your exam board, so everyone in england is having their exam on wednesday. But i have a good feeling one of the bonding's like covalent, ionic will be a favourate question. And i have seen quite a lot of past papers with how to calculate masses in reactions :smile:

My exam board is SQA in Scotland? And the Int 2 exam here is on Thursday. (Sorry if I've misunderstood what you were trying to say - I got a little confused :redface: ) And yes I agree with you about a bonding question, and the masses question, however these are both things I cant do very well, hehe. Looking through past papers and there also seems to be alot of structures of hydrocarbons/esters/etc, which is one of the few things I can do, lol. :tongue: :smile:
Reply 3
Done Int 2 last year. One main tip I can give you is make sure you know your calculations as it's a really easy way to pick up marks

Also make sure you revise all your PPA's as they're the only thing that you can guarantee will come up, well at least one of them will. If you know the procedures and results for them you'll power through those questions
Reply 4
Original post by Kerrias

Original post by Kerrias
My exam board is SQA in Scotland? And the Int 2 exam here is on Thursday. (Sorry if I've misunderstood what you were trying to say - I got a little confused :redface: ) And yes I agree with you about a bonding question, and the masses question, however these are both things I cant do very well, hehe. Looking through past papers and there also seems to be alot of structures of hydrocarbons/esters/etc, which is one of the few things I can do, lol. :tongue: :smile:

haha sorry i misinterprated you,, i live in england haha
Reply 5
Original post by karanjot
haha sorry i misinterprated you,, i live in england haha

Its okay, I guess that whatever youre studying is roughly the same level as me as what you were talking about is what we are taught too,
So youre exam is thursday, up here chemistry exams are on wednesday (not looking forward to it at all haha)
Reply 6
Original post by judzi
Done Int 2 last year. One main tip I can give you is make sure you know your calculations as it's a really easy way to pick up marks

Also make sure you revise all your PPA's as they're the only thing that you can guarantee will come up, well at least one of them will. If you know the procedures and results for them you'll power through those questions

Thanks, and my teacher is pretty rubbish and I dont actually think weve really done any of the PPAs, they keep coming up in past papers but we didnt really do many practical experiments so im trying to learn them of things people have written up on the internet, bit pants but considering the exam is less than a week away i have to haha :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kerrias
Thanks, and my teacher is pretty rubbish and I dont actually think weve really done any of the PPAs, they keep coming up in past papers but we didnt really do many practical experiments so im trying to learn them of things people have written up on the internet, bit pants but considering the exam is less than a week away i have to haha :smile:

Do you have the success guide? It's got really good summaries in it :smile:
And are you sure? I'm pretty sure you have to submit a write-up to the SQA.. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by (:emily.
Do you have the success guide? It's got really good summaries in it :smile:
And are you sure? I'm pretty sure you have to submit a write-up to the SQA.. :s-smilie:

Well if we do im screwed haha because i dont remember ever doing any. chances are we did at some point and me being me and zoning out every chemistry lesson dont really remember but i dont think we did :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending