The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Geology - 20th May

Did anyone on here do the WJEC Geology exam on the computer today? and did anyone have major problems with the system working? :s-smilie: i lost about 15 minutes time through it, which i never got back! :frown:
Hey! yes i did the exam yesterday and my computer was completely playing up - stuff kept disappearing and my graph kept going weird but don't worry everyone at my school had problems - someones computer completely crashed and she lost about 15 mins aswell. It was something wrong with the system because my school rang up the exam board and they said that every geology school in the country was trying to contact them and we couldn't get through. So WJEC are probably going to give us bonus marks or make us do a retake. hope ive helped :smile:
Yeah I did it, the computers just completely went weird because of their software, so we had to restart the exam on paper! It was a major advantage haha, we saw all the questions and had practically an extra hour an a half. Like Philippacarr said, it was something wrong with the software, every school experienced it and my exam's officer sent them a very angry email. So yeah, WJEC are probably going to give bonus marks, but they said we wouldn't be disadvantaged.
I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Reply 3
Yep, had the smae prob as all of you guys, the test crashed and refused to do anything, so the teacher had to ring up and get it sorted which involved changing computer completly. It only happend to me oddly tho, all the rest of the class's tests worked fine :confused: so yeah i also missed out on some time, however in the end i didnt need it so i was happy overall :smile:

On a related note; how did everyone find the actually questions themselves? i personaly went in bricking it cos i felt i knew nothing, however i actually find it all right, a lot of the questions were on subjects we had never covered in class however there were just sort of logic answers or on stuff i remeberd from geogrophy in year 9 or just simply had read about in the past on the interent etc, such as the question about the meteor extintinction - what did you guys think of it?
Reply 4
I had the same issues, mine crashed about 3 times and wouldn't let me click on anything, I lost about 20 minutes because the main computer crashed as well and I think I spent about 3 hours in the exam room waiting for them to unblock and un-pause my exam every time it froze.. it was stressful!
Oh and I had issues with my graph and it deleted half of some of my answers, I had to hand write some of them because I typed it 3 times.

I thought it was alright, I probably should of revised a bit more because I completely made up some of the answers, and due to my computer's issues I didn't really have time to read through it so I don't think I did very well :L

AH WELL. Geology finished now.. hopefully forever!
Reply 5
I had similar issues too - things disapperaring, messing up graphs etc, and about half the people in my class who did it had worse issues.
Hopefully the board will give us extra marks or something.
Did anyone else hate geology gcse? We did it as an extra gcse and it was horrific. SO glad its over....
I found the exam a lot harder than the mock, but it was ok. What marks did you get in the coursework thing too?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending