Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Hardest GCSEs?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, what do you guys think the hardest GCSE is?
    I know they're probably nothing compared to A-Levels but I just wanted to know
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ancient Russian Literature
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food Tech. Purely because the coursework is SO BORING and takes BLOODY FOREVER.
    And I had a two hour exam about eggs.

Hard because it's boring and you want to kill it. Not because of the content
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends how much work you put in
    I'd say Art or Maths for me
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshDragon23)
    Ancient Russian Literature
    :lolwut:

I would say a language like Cantonese though, because it would be extremely difficult to master in two years!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Languages because they involve so many different skills. They are also, in my opinion, by far the most useful in life. By an absolute mile!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    English --> I really hated that subject!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Astronomy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazular)

this. it is so ****ing repetitive, I just wrote the same thing for the CW like 50 times.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Welsh is difficult, I wouldn't know, I have always spoken it
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:

I couldn't agree more.

Were you forced to take a DT option? I was and I didn't want to do it.

It pissed me off that the school made DT compulsory ( a choice of Electronics, Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Textiles or Food Technology), all a bad lot, IMO, yet the school couldn't offer triple science, more than one modern language or law/ sociology anything else?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find English Literature a pain.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    I couldn't agree more.

Were you forced to take a DT option? I was and I didn't want to do it.

It pissed me off that the school made DT compulsory ( a choice of Electronics, Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Textiles or Food Technology), all a bad lot, IMO, yet the school couldn't offer triple science, more than one modern language or law/ sociology anything else?
    No, we weren't forced, but the way our GCSEs were structured, one block was mainly just Technology, and we had to pick a subject from each block and Food Tech was the one I thought would be easiest hahaha. I really enjoyed the subject itself, I love cooking and whatnot, it was just the stupid coursework! Haha. Seemed to go on forever!
    Yeah your school seems a bit rubbish, ours offered triple science and three languages :/ They offered psychology for the year below us as well.

(Original post by venenecinema)
    this. it is so ****ing repetitive, I just wrote the same thing for the CW like 50 times.
    I did. My product was stuffed bell peppers, every page it was basically
    You can have a red pepper, or a green pepper, or an orange pepper or a yellow pepper.
    You can have quorn mince, beef mince or turkey mince.
    So you can have a red pepper with quorn mince, a green pepper with quorn mince.. etc.
    IT MADE ME CRY SO MUCH.
    Full marks though, so I can't complain
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    I would say a language like Cantonese though, because it would be extremely difficult to master in two years!
    Isn't that sort of option mostly taken by native Cantonese speakers etc? I don't know anywhere that teaches it from scratch.

I'd say art or graphics - they were easily the most time-consuming GCSEs I did.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    French, purely because I just sucked at it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's aren't hard; /thread

The fact that I failed all but 4 of them not withstanding :rolleyes:

All though to be fair they were all B's in the hardest ones

Boy I feel like an ass when I look at my GCSE results :rolleyes:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, we weren't forced, but the way our GCSEs were structured, one block was mainly just Technology, and we had to pick a subject from each block and Food Tech was the one I thought would be easiest hahaha. I really enjoyed the subject itself, I love cooking and whatnot, it was just the stupid coursework! Haha. Seemed to go on forever!
    Yeah your school seems a bit rubbish, ours offered triple science and three languages :/ They offered psychology for the year below us as well.
    As no-one ever, ever uses it for anything, its highly unlikely you will need it for anything in the future. No-one ever does it for A-level.

You could just not do it and they'll probably kick you out of the subject, but who cares?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)
    GCSE's aren't hard; /thread

The fact that I failed all but 4 of them not withstanding :rolleyes:

All though to be fair they were all B's in the hardest ones

Boy I feel like an ass when I look at my GCSE results :rolleyes:
    Have you already seen all of your results then?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    ART = long, painstaking and HOURS of work

MATHS = because I wasn't great at it

BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS = because it was a complete joke which involved having no teacher most of the time
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well there all COMPLETE piss
    but i suppose english literature/latin?
    (or old language spec)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.