The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
English Language, English Literature. Hate how my teacher blabs on about being "perceptive".
Worst subject!
LATIN.

Omg it was hard. It was the one subject you had to actually revise. By revise, I mean learn the translations by heart. (6 translations, averaging 1,500 words each)

+ more. It is also extremly intellectually demanding.
Ok, what subject were they?
Original post by Hazular
Food Tech. Purely because the coursework is SO BORING and takes BLOODY FOREVER.
And I had a two hour exam about eggs.

Hard because it's boring and you want to kill it. Not because of the content :tongue:

Gosh, I'm doing my food tech coursework now. I agree, it's taking AGES.
I'm voting further maths. Ha, its comparable to a level maths.
For me, Spanish
Reply 466
Probably a Language like French if you don't have a genuine interest in it:colondollar:
Reply 467
BY FAR it's English Language, Lit and then Physics only because it's sometimes hard to understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RE! Definitely the most difficult for non religious people!
Reply 469
Scottish history & anthropology. I'm told it's vary monotonous. though I suspect that most people wouldn't get a GCSE in common sense.
English IGCSE Literature
I ranked the GCSE'S I am doing in order from easiest to hardest: :smile:

R.E
Maths
P.E (short course)
Geography
French
English Lang
Biology
English Lit
Physics
Drama
Chemistry
History

Hope this helped :smile:
Easiest to hardest of mine...

RE
Geography
Maths
Biology
Physics
English Literature
Computing
Chemistry
Spanish
English Language
History
Original post by Jabberjay_
I'm voting further maths. Ha, its comparable to a level maths.

i doubt it.
Reply 474
Lool everyone finds history the hardest....even me

Posted from TSR Mobile
english lit+lang, art...i was never really good at arts/humanities
I would say French because I'm doing some exams after the Easter holidays for my GCSES; I wish I picked Spanish like my friends
as the reading/oral/writing exams are a lot easier compared to French. However, I'm nearly at the end of Year 11 and I can't turn back now :frown:
history.
so much to memorise and so many essays.
the course work is also ridiculously boring.
Latin is death, especially since the grade boundary is so hard and theres so much to learn :frown: English lit isnt great either but the grade boundary is fairly low at least, and a lot of people found RS really hard bc the A* boundary is 93%
Reply 479
Original post by Emilie-Jane
I would say French because I'm doing some exams after the Easter holidays for my GCSES; I wish I picked Spanish like my friends
as the reading/oral/writing exams are a lot easier compared to French. However, I'm nearly at the end of Year 11 and I can't turn back now :frown:

:O

Quick Reply

Latest