The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Interview on wed!

Bugger. Got an interview on wed (as in 2 days away) for Virology. Trouble is, never had an interview anywhere before, and I don't have a clue what I'm meant to be doing! Why have I chosen their uni? Cos there's only them and 2 other places that do it. That's just not gunna cut it... I don't have a clue!
Also, gunna have to set off at 4am just to get there on time :eek:

So. Anyone out there got tips for interviews?
tell the truth
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
OK... Aside from being myself. I mean, should I dress smart/regular clothes? Should I take any notes with me e.g. personal statement etc? Any good questions I should ask that I can't think of?
always go for the smart option with a tie you cant go wrong then. Dont take notes with you, your interview should be natural. I dont know any questions, ask something about the course structure if your stuck....ie an example of a weekly timetable, cus that wont ever be in the prospectus and it shows interest.
Reply 4
Possibly ask the balance between question papers and coursework and private study, what a typical day of a student would consist of etc. I know what you're facing - you don't know what questions to ask because you've no real experience of university. I though that it would just be drinking solidly and occasionally going to lectures. I mean it IS that for me, but just because I miss so many lectures (important ones too - I'm going to fail).
Reply 5
Groovy... So how should I dress? Considering the fact I'm going down there in a builders van. I was thinking jeans, shirt and suit jacket?

Thanks for the help guys :smile:
Reply 6
The Mudman
Groovy... So how should I dress? Considering the fact I'm going down there in a builders van. I was thinking jeans, shirt and suit jacket?

Fine - no one will really care as long as you're not dressed in drag or a top hat and tails. They're used to slovenly students - any school goer will look neat compared to us.
Reply 7
OK, thanks. Don't think there's much else I need apart from luck now! This time tomorrow it'll be over with, and we'll be an hour from home. *sigh*
Reply 8
Good luck.
Reply 9
The Mudman

I may be a little traditional but I really don't think you should wear jeans to an interview! It doesn't set a good impression, wear school trousers if you have them. Just something a little smarter than jeans. Wear whatever you like in the van and get changed when you get there if you're worried about getting dirty.
Reply 10
good luck, so glad i didnt have 1 ;$
Reply 11
Reminds me of when i turned up my first intervire absolutely clueless plus i had to stew for 3 days after before they let me go :biggrin:
Reply 12
Well it's all turned out good. Spoke to the Virologist generally, before I knew he was gunna interview me. Called us both geeks, had a joke, and he offered me a place! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending