The Student Room Group

tripple science ideas in context papers

i was wondering about what questions do you think we might be asked in the ideas paper we have already got the pre-release but i dont really know what types of questins we will be asked? i do ocr 21st century science.
Reply 1
I do the same exam board, and will have the same papers. We got all the ideas in context over easter, as well as at least a sheet of questions to answer to prepare ourselves- we you not given these?
I can give you the gist of the questions we were given for each exam- the main thing to remember is that most of them are from the previous modules, to check that we have actually absorbed something over the past 2 years :-)
Biology 'anti wrinkle cream'- you need to know about protein synthesis (for how fibrillin is produced by a cell), clinical tests ie blind and double blint trials, research ie peer review and testing on large samples etc, risks vs benefits, correlation and cause: B5, B1 mainly
Physics 'telemetry'- electromagnetic spectrum, espiecially microwave and radio, momentum, kinetic energy, analogue and digital signals, safety in the car: P4 and P6
Chemistry 'Bolivian Bonanza' metal extraction, ionic bonds, group 1 elements, electrolysis, pollution
I really hope that helps, but dont worry too much. Most of the information is on the sheet you will get in the exam- a lot of it seems to be comprehension when i looked at past papers. Although, the questions worth more marks are about things learnt in previous modules. Unfortunately, you wont know what these are but basic recollection is enough; try not to panic :-) Goodluck! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Bachratiger
I do the same exam board, and will have the same papers. We got all the ideas in context over easter, as well as at least a sheet of questions to answer to prepare ourselves- we you not given these?
I can give you the gist of the questions we were given for each exam- the main thing to remember is that most of them are from the previous modules, to check that we have actually absorbed something over the past 2 years :-)
Biology 'anti wrinkle cream'- you need to know about protein synthesis (for how fibrillin is produced by a cell), clinical tests ie blind and double blint trials, research ie peer review and testing on large samples etc, risks vs benefits, correlation and cause: B5, B1 mainly
Physics 'telemetry'- electromagnetic spectrum, espiecially microwave and radio, momentum, kinetic energy, analogue and digital signals, safety in the car: P4 and P6
Chemistry 'Bolivian Bonanza' metal extraction, ionic bonds, group 1 elements, electrolysis, pollution
I really hope that helps, but dont worry too much. Most of the information is on the sheet you will get in the exam- a lot of it seems to be comprehension when i looked at past papers. Although, the questions worth more marks are about things learnt in previous modules. Unfortunately, you wont know what these are but basic recollection is enough; try not to panic :-) Goodluck! :h:

thanks alot that really helps me because we have not really had any direction from our teachers about this paper :smile: would you be able to pm me the questions your teachers have given you for each subject because we didnt get any all we did was go through the articles and if there were any words that we didnt no we looked up there meanings but thats it really.
Reply 3
i forgot to say that we only got the pre-release last week so it was a bit late notice our school just does not seem to be organised with anything and everything has just been left up to us! i have had to teach myself two years of physics and biology because the teachers we have are really rubbish and just have not taught anyone anything at all, its been just the same for most of the subjects so i am just glad for any help :smile: thanks
Reply 4
Original post by kristy-jade
i forgot to say that we only got the pre-release last week so it was a bit late notice our school just does not seem to be organised with anything and everything has just been left up to us! i have had to teach myself two years of physics and biology because the teachers we have are really rubbish and just have not taught anyone anything at all, its been just the same for most of the subjects so i am just glad for any help :smile: thanks

sent :smile: - dont worry about it, same problems with one of my teachers so i completely sympathise with your stress haha; good luck with them, i suppose you have chemistry on friday too :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Bachratiger
sent :smile: - dont worry about it, same problems with one of my teachers so i completely sympathise with your stress haha; good luck with them, i suppose you have chemistry on friday too :s-smilie:

ive got it thanks :smile: and yeh i do :s-smilie: its horrible and good luck to you for your exams x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending