The Student Room Group

First time I've touched SF and and ahhh!

I've only just got my first offer so I've not been allowed to do much but register with SFE until now, so you can imagine my horror when I patiently fill out the questions and then get told my maintenance loan will be:

£2,324.00

I'm guessing this is because I'm NHS funded but I doubt I'll get anything from an NHS bursary and I haven't got to the part about parental income yet but again it's not going to make a significant difference.

I just wanna check that this is right, there must be someone else in the same position who was as surprised as me, it seems like nothing!

xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Snurse
I've only just got my first offer so I've not been allowed to do much but register with SFE until now, so you can imagine my horror when I patiently fill out the questions and then get told my maintenance loan will be:

£2,324.00

I'm guessing this is because I'm NHS funded but I doubt I'll get anything from an NHS bursary and I haven't got to the part about parental income yet but again it's not going to make a significant difference.

I just wanna check that this is right, there must be someone else in the same position who was as surprised as me, it seems like nothing!

xx

That figure is correct. As a NHS student, you don't get any of the income-assessed portion of the loan, nor any of the maintenance grant.

Take a look at the NHS Bursary Calculator to see how much you may be eligible for.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
That figure is correct. As a NHS student, you don't get any of the income-assessed portion of the loan, nor any of the maintenance grant.

Take a look at the NHS Bursary Calculator to see how much you may be eligible for.

Thankyou! xx :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending