The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A (AS level) Unit 1 24th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by theBLOBlizard
I got 5 ohms for the fourth to last and got a bit confused... :s-smilie: for the last one i put 2V i think and for the second to last 1.33A. It was all a big mess on my paper really :P

I worked the last one out by doing

R1/R1+R2 X 10

so it was 3/3+3 X 10

which was 5 I think.
Original post by Limitless
I worked the last one out by doing

R1/R1+R2 X 10

so it was 3/3+3 X 10

which was 5 I think.

You may well be right, i worked out the voltage around resistor Z and then did emf - V(Z) to get the voltage around the other 3 resistors put together and divided that by 2 which gave me 2V
I got 5 ohms for the fourth to last and got a bit confused... :s-smilie: for the last one i put 2V i think and for the second to last 1.33A. It was all a big mess on my paper really :P

:biggrin: i also got 1.33A and 2v
Original post by rub em out
:biggrin: i also got 1.33A and 2v

:biggrin: great! thats a good sign :biggrin: do you know if it was right?
:biggrin: great! thats a good sign :biggrin: do you know if it was right?

most people i've spoken to got that so im hoping safety in numbers :smile:
Original post by rub em out
most people i've spoken to got that so im hoping safety in numbers :smile:

I really hope so! :smile:
I also got the same answers, so hopefully we're all correct. :smile:

I found the paper to be about average, not a particularly easy paper but not too difficult either. There was a good balance. Wish there'd been something on the photoelectric effect.
Original post by AlesanaWill
I also got the same answers, so hopefully we're all correct. :smile:

I found the paper to be about average, not a particularly easy paper but not too difficult either. There was a good balance. Wish there'd been something on the photoelectric effect.

haha yeah i think just about everyone knows exactly how to answer the photoelectric effect questions since they have come up so much in past years :L I was quite pleased with the line spectra question though
Reply 48
i got 5 ohms too and so did other people in my school so that should be right. I don't think i did great on that paper though :frown:

can someone write down what kind of things we were supposed to say on the 6 mark question so i and others can compare it to what we wrote to see how we did?
Reply 49
did anyone else notice that in the question at the top of the last page it had a bit where you usually are meant to write the answer... but the question was asking you to PROVE something XD that was so screwed up. i did the proof but then just wrote 3 ohms in the answer slot lol.
Original post by m1a1tank
i got 5 ohms too and so did other people in my school so that should be right. I don't think i did great on that paper though :frown:

can someone write down what kind of things we were supposed to say on the 6 mark question so i and others can compare it to what we wrote to see how we did?

the main points i wrote were that collisions caused the atoms in the vapour to excite. On de-excitation photons are released as energy is lost. As there are discrete frequencies of light causing the line spectra there must be discrete photon energies because e=hf. This means that there are only certain allowed de-excitation energies which gives the idea of energy shells.
Reply 51
What d'you reckon the grade boundaries will be? How did everyone find the quark section?
Original post by Alex J
did anyone else notice that in the question at the top of the last page it had a bit where you usually are meant to write the answer... but the question was asking you to PROVE something XD that was so screwed up. i did the proof but then just wrote 3 ohms in the answer slot lol.

yep i was really quite unsure what to put in the answer box but i doubt the answer would get any credit anyway because its already given to you in the question :L
Reply 53
Did anybody else find the particle bit more difficult than usual? normally it tends to be a breeze compared to the electricity but i found it the completle opposite way around on this paper!
also, what did everybody get for the internal resistance of that cell, 0.55ohms?
Reply 54
i got 0.44ohms
Original post by Alex J

Yeah I was a bit confused by that. xD I can't remember what I put there.

What d'you reckon the grade boundaries will be? How did everyone find the quark section?

Probably the same as usual. It was a pretty average paper imo.

Did anybody else find the particle bit more difficult than usual? normally it tends to be a breeze compared to the electricity but i found it the completle opposite way around on this paper!
also, what did everybody get for the internal resistance of that cell, 0.55ohms?

Yeah I suppose it was a little more difficult than usual, or at least there were questions that I haven't seen on previous papers.

If I remember rightly I got 0.44 for the internal resistance.
Reply 56
Original post by AlesanaWill
Yeah I was a bit confused by that. xD I can't remember what I put there.

Probably the same as usual. It was a pretty average paper imo.

Yeah I suppose it was a little more difficult than usual, or at least there were questions that I haven't seen on previous papers.

If I remember rightly I got 0.44 for the internal resistance.

Yeah, me too :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by frenchie.b

This is exaclty my question.

Any Ideas...?
Reply 58
i reckon maybe 50/70 for an A, 43 for a B, 37 for a C, 31 for a D, 25 for an E
Reply 59
Original post by frenchie.b
i reckon maybe 50/70 for an A, 43 for a B, 37 for a C, 31 for a D, 25 for an E

You think they'll be that low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending