The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A (AS level) Unit 1 24th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
well I'm going by the past grade boundaries. They're converted into UMS grades. 50/70 will achieve 96 UMS marks for an A.
Anyone making an unoffical markscheme?

When uploading, quote me, and I'll link the page number where you've uploaded into the first post
The Physics January exam was 51/70 for an A. So I suppose it'll probably be about the same, as I'd gauge the paper to be about the same difficulty as the January one.
Reply 63
Original post by AlesanaWill
The Physics January exam was 51/70 for an A. So I suppose it'll probably be about the same, as I'd gauge the paper to be about the same difficulty as the January one.

This paper was one of the easiest phyics paper I had done, I expect the boundarys to be high.
Original post by Wallz
This paper was one of the easiest phyics paper I had done, I expect the boundarys to be high.

Perhaps for you, but others seem to have found it a bit more difficult.
Reply 65
Original post by AlesanaWill
Perhaps for you, but others seem to have found it a bit more difficult.

Ahh I was just going by what people from my college had said after doing the january one for a mock and this one today. I guess I meant to say that this exam from my view and a few friends was easier than the january paper therefore I would say the boundarys would be higher.
Reply 66
piece of piss, much easier than january
Reply 67
Original post by yussuf
piece of piss, much easier than january

Wish I agreed lol. Dont get me wrong, Ive definately done better than the Jan test. But only because i was prepared better.

Those strangeness questions/quantom physics was not what I'd revised. AT ALL!
I know! I don't believe how much particle physics came up and NO PHOTOELECTRIC EFFECT :frown:
Original post by Wallz
Ahh I was just going by what people from my college had said after doing the january one for a mock and this one today. I guess I meant to say that this exam from my view and a few friends was easier than the january paper therefore I would say the boundarys would be higher.

The boundaries were pretty low for January. I'm not sure what they are usually though... maybe they're always pretty low. Hope they're not too high for this one, as no matter how hard I revise I always make stupid mistakes. -.-

Often the real exams seem easier than the mocks purely because you're more prepared xD
Reply 70
has anybody got the unit 2 2011 paper need it urgently plzz...and thnks
Can someone please help me with a question about electricity! I can do calculations but when it comes to explaining I'm hopeless!

It's on the jan 2010 paper unit 1! Question 6b! Why would c and d go flat first? I don't understand why when the cell gets a large current the cell will go flat? I need an explanantion in detail please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending