The Student Room Group

Paper 2 Language aqa URGENTTT :(

so for this paper we had to describe a country scene, but when I was "describing" I didn't really focus on the scenery, e.g grass, feilds, tree's etc. How many marks would I loose for this. IM **** SCAREDD :frown:

Probably going to get a D now :'(

I need some re-assurance, thanks
Reply 1
any1, im so worried :frown: :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by cogman
so for this paper we had to describe a country scene, but when I was "describing" I didn't really focus on the scenery, e.g grass, feilds, tree's etc. How many marks would I loose for this. IM **** SCAREDD :frown:

Probably going to get a D now :'(

I need some re-assurance, thanks

Brrrrrrrrrrrrreathe! What did you describe, exactly?
Reply 3
You can still get decent marks. 9 marks are for SPG etc, and you can get high marks for personal style and using the descriptive devices.

What did you describe then, it's probably not as bad as you think :smile:
Reply 4

Original post by Ears
You can still get decent marks. 9 marks are for SPG etc, and you can get high marks for personal style and using the descriptive devices.

What did you describe then, it's probably not as bad as you think :smile:

a was describe my self sunbathing in the summer on the decking besides a canal in the summer and used the five senses for that and then for the winter I described the wind and the shrubs banging against each other and the seaguls and stuff- I mentioned It was set in norfolk....

Not really answering the question am I, I guess its quite bad :\

I think I'll need to resit in Novemberr :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by cogman
a was describe my self sunbathing in the summer on the decking besides a canal in the summer and used the five senses for that and then for the winter I described the wind and the shrubs banging against each other and the seaguls and stuff- I mentioned It was set in norfolk....

Not really answering the question am I, I guess its quite bad :\

I think I'll need to resit in Novemberr :frown:

What's it worth anyway, 15%? It sounds perfectly fine to me, I'm sure you'll be okay. Stop worrying :smile:
Reply 6

Original post by Ears
What's it worth anyway, 15%? It sounds perfectly fine to me, I'm sure you'll be okay. Stop worrying :smile:

do you think if I get a C on my exams, would my coursework and speaking and listening push it up to a B?

B high for my coursework, and was a mid / low B for speaking and listenings

Exams are worth 60% and speaking and listenings + coursework = 40%
Reply 7
anyone?
Reply 8
???
Original post by cogman
???

If it makes you feel better I didn't even answer the question properly..

I did only summer as I read it as 'summer or winter' not and

So be grateful :tongue: :colondollar: , I'm sure you've done better than you think!
Reply 10
Original post by Spellstheend

Original post by Spellstheend
If it makes you feel better I didn't even answer the question properly..

I did only summer as I read it as 'summer or winter' not and

So be grateful :tongue: :colondollar: , I'm sure you've done better than you think!

I can't Even remember If I had used paragraphs or not?!?!!?, I swear the highest you can get is a D if you don't use paragraphs :'(
Original post by cogman
I can't Even remember If I had used paragraphs or not?!?!!?, I swear the highest you can get is a D if you don't use paragraphs :'(

I think the highest is a C without paragraphs.
Reply 12
Original post by drewb

Original post by drewb
I think the highest is a C without paragraphs.

Are you sure ? :O
Original post by cogman
Are you sure ? :O

I'm not 100% but my friend did a mock writing to describe and didn't use paragraphs and it was graded as a C due to the lack of paragraphs...

I'm sure you'll do fine anyway! Other parts of the English Language exams and coursework will pull your grade up! So don't worry about it!
Reply 14
Thanks for the support man ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending