The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purehakkai
Yeah I got this email before: I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L101 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.

But I didn't get anything after that...are you saying that you got an email aftwerwards saying you've been recommended an offer.

what do you think that email was saying?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by plummango
lol sure do. Hey, how u feelin now? sorry forgot to ask before

and WAHOO my 100th post!!! ive hit the century after 2 years!

I'm alright as I haven't been rejected yet <) you?
I'm honoured for the post to have been directed at me, let's go to PM because we're not really talking about UCL anymore :colone:
Original post by hockeyjoe
what do you think that email was saying?

I was talking about you getting an email after you attended the open day. so did you get one after wed 22nd.
Reply 3383
Original post by .snowflake.
Nooo. But does that help you pick your firm and insurance choices?

Interview for MChem Chemistry with a european language tomorrow. I AM SO SCARED.

Erm not really because I have an offer from King's which is supposed to be my insurance but will have to be my firm if I don't get an offer from LSE!

Ooh good luck!! Is that postgraduate then? What language?
Just got a conditional offer from UCL studying statistics, economics and finance, anyone here got an offer the same course as me????:smile:
Reply 3385
Original post by Day8
Heya :smile: what subject have you applied for? (:

I have applied (been offered and firm-ed) my offer for Astophysics Bsc. :dancing:
Anyone's got an offer for Law? The waiting is killing me!
Reply 3387
if u get an email saying that they intend to make u an offer but u first need to attend an Open Day, how r u meant know when the Open Day is and how do they check it?? thx
Original post by mifenkouercun
Just got a conditional offer from UCL studying statistics, economics and finance, anyone here got an offer the same course as me????:smile:

Got a similar course, not the same though, it's stats and economics. Do you think that doing straight Economics is much different to employers than doing these courses?!
Reply 3389
Original post by Psychstudent2012
Well I really enjoy it and it seems that lots of the stuff we do in IB comes up in the first year of uni courses so I wouldn't say it's a rubbish subject myself... I had my mock today actually and there was so much to learn so i'm not too confident about that result, but I do have more than 2 months to revise so it shouldn't be a problem really fitting everything in. We do 3 core topics which are sociocultural, cognitive and biological levels of analysis and we look at principles of these, ethics, research methods and then actual psychological studies. We have to do one option, we're doing abnormal which is quite interesting but there's a lot of stuff about reliability and validity of diagnosis and that kind of thing which can get a bit dull. In addition to this we do one coursework which is a replication of a well known experiment and a write up and analysis of results and that kind of thing. Where else have you applied/gotten offers from?

oh my my. I sooo hate my school now! ok, I hate it for long time already but you deepened my hatred ;d I so envy of you! This sounds so interesting and fascinating ! What experiment have you chosen/going to choose for this coursework?;o
yeah, still 2 months to go so I'm sure you will pull it off :biggrin: If I were you, I would be more worried about Chemistry ;d my friends form HL often tell me how demanding and hard it is. But who knows whether they're overreacting or not ;d I suck at Chemistry so I am in no position to speak ;d
I've applied to Glasgow, Queen's Mary, RHUL and Bristol. Thankfully all of them offered me place but UCL is my top choice ;c What about you?:smile:
Reply 3390
Original post by rohana
I have applied (been offered and firm-ed) my offer for Astophysics Bsc. :dancing:

cool congratulations! :smile: do you know what accommodation you want to apply for? :smile:
Reply 3391
I will apply for self-catered student house (I love cooking) :smile:. What about you?
slow day today, no updates no nothing...aahhhhh! i guess no news is good news!
if i dont get UCL im just gonna go to http://www.republicofwadiya.com/ !!
Reply 3393
Original post by .snowflake.
Are you there tomorrow? I've been asked on carbonyl compounds, Ea... and a LOT on my personal statement, acyl (acid) chlorides, the mechanism for the addition of nitriles to carbonyl compounds.

No i wasn't there today sorry, but how did it go? and what type of questions did you get? I have one on thursday but it's only a 'short informal interview'
Original post by borch
if u get an email saying that they intend to make u an offer but u first need to attend an Open Day, how r u meant know when the Open Day is and how do they check it?? thx

They tell you.. should be in the email somewhere. No?
(edited 12 years ago)
Is anyone else really bored of not being at UCL?
Original post by Purehakkai
Yeah I got this email before: I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L101 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.

But I didn't get anything after that...are you saying that you got an email aftwerwards saying you've been recommended an offer.

I got this exact email on the 24th of last month. Then I had my open day on 1st Feb. And exactly 1 week after, on the 8th, I got an offer through UCAS for economics. So basically it means that they will send you an offer soon! :smile:
Reply 3397
Still haven't heard anything for Maths and they sent me an email before Christmas saying they will let me know by mid-late February :frown:
Reply 3398
Did anyone get an 'application update' email before recieving their decision?

Spoiler

Reply 3399
Original post by rohana
I will apply for self-catered student house (I love cooking) :smile:. What about you?

wow cool a student house?? I have not looked at student houses yet :smile: at the moment intercollegiate halls seem pretty nice but the one I like is catered so I'm not too sure yet. Some people like the food, others don't :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending