The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helenajane
that's what I want to know! I am also applying for physics did you go for interview? and which day (if so)? they are really keeping us hanging! :frown:

Original post by Omar1994
Same.. I applied back in October + had my open day / interview back in November. Still aint heard anything from them. Have you had your interview?

Me too! I had mine on November 23rd i think, still havent heard back! :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Evaxxxx1234
Did they ask you german in the end?

no. I got asked 'Oh god, you don't have a thick northern accent do you?' instead.
Reply 3522
any tips when attending an open day for Modern Languages?

eg. is there an interview? grammar test? do we discuss our personal statements? do we need to know about the euro crisis? etc etc

any advice at all would be helpful :smile:
Reply 3523
Original post by sweet77
any tips when attending an open day for Modern Languages?

eg. is there an interview? grammar test? do we discuss our personal statements? do we need to know about the euro crisis? etc etc

any advice at all would be helpful :smile:

Nope, nope, nope and nope! :smile:
Reply 3524
Original post by Gales
Nope, nope, nope and nope! :smile:

FANTASTIC!

haha, should i bother preparing at all !?

what were the group discussions like?
Reply 3525
Original post by sweet77
FANTASTIC!

haha, should i bother preparing at all !?

what were the group discussions like?

In the group discussions (I only attended one though, had to miss the 2nd one) the man spoke about the course, we asked questions and he showed us some of what the first year exam and exercises look like. He asked each of us which books and films we've watched and read, but that was it, he didn't ask any further information, it was just a small enquiry.

There's no need to prepare anything whatsoever. They gave us mini-lectures too. The French one was very boring (unfortunately, not my thing at all!); the Italian one was good, the lecturer is an author and spoke about how to get the readers engaged and the truth in novels and things like that, but the one I found most interesting was German. She spoke about looted art that the Nazis had stolen off Jews and how they're appearing in art galleries around Europe now.

You'll enjoy it, I'm sure! :biggrin:
Reply 3526
Original post by Gales
In the group discussions (I only attended one though, had to miss the 2nd one) the man spoke about the course, we asked questions and he showed us some of what the first year exam and exercises look like. He asked each of us which books and films we've watched and read, but that was it, he didn't ask any further information, it was just a small enquiry.

There's no need to prepare anything whatsoever. They gave us mini-lectures too. The French one was very boring (unfortunately, not my thing at all!); the Italian one was good, the lecturer is an author and spoke about how to get the readers engaged and the truth in novels and things like that, but the one I found most interesting was German. She spoke about looted art that the Nazis had stolen off Jews and how they're appearing in art galleries around Europe now.

You'll enjoy it, I'm sure! :biggrin:

ahh, thank you for your help - this has slightly relieved me :smile:

small question, because you are invited to an open day does that mean you are guaranteed an offer? :s-smilie:
Reply 3527
Any more economics news?
Reply 3528
Original post by sweet77
ahh, thank you for your help - this has slightly relieved me :smile:

small question, because you are invited to an open day does that mean you are guaranteed an offer? :s-smilie:

They said that everyone who attends is recommended to the Faculty and that no one this year has been refused after being recommended, so basically yeah. :smile:
Will they spring surprise interviews on people?? My friend showed me his open day invite which didn't mention anything about an interview (for Geography I think) and it's pretty much the same as mine (Linguistics), but he got interviewed during the guided tour :/ I feel like I should be doing some kind of preparation but I have no idea what..any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Also, does anyone know what the accomodation is like?
Original post by G.E
I'm in the same situation. I received a email saying I had a conditional offer last Wednesday, and they are yet to update my UCAS. I'm getting anxious too, and I really, really want to know what the conditions of my offer are! Let's hope they get back to us both soon!

Yeah, you're right. I've emailed the faculty of life sciences yesterday and they told me that it'll need a few days to process...so I'll wait for a few days more!
Original post by johnconnor92
I've almost given up on UCL already.

Say whaaaat. I just realised I got 4 likes for the above post...
Reply 3532
Offer for Anthropology :biggrin:
Reply 3533
Who's had the Skype interview?? Could anyone please tell me what it's like??
Reply 3534
Computer science open day invite. Any help would be appreciated, did anyone receive any questions on their Personal Statement, Maths/Logic questions, questions on programming?

Or does Open day = offer, is it just an intro to the department?

Thanks a lot
Reply 3535
Original post by flume
Offer for Anthropology :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
anyone waiting for L100 econ? shouldn't they have replied by now since the last open day is next week?
Reply 3537
Original post by ihategeography
anyone waiting for L100 econ? shouldn't they have replied by now since the last open day is next week?

I've been waiting over 5 months now, and surely they should let us know today?
Any Philosophy and Economics news ?????????????? Maggie-Worried-maggie-simpson-10826423-464-550.jpg
Reply 3539
Original post by somaiyar
I've been waiting over 5 months now, and surely they should let us know today?

I think the open day invites/recommended offers come by letter! So I'm assuming we won't hear today if we haven't already :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending