The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VoyageuseCurieuse
Is the mail also for the dual degree or is it the regular ESPS programme?
anyway: congratulations! :biggrin:
If it's the dual BA, which campus did you choose?
I am not sure what offers we will get, I think it depends.
Do you already have your grades?

Congratulations to you too :smile:

I picked French at Paris, but I'm thinking of reconsidering and making Nancy as my first choice. I have a lot of German history in my family so I'm definitely drawn to Nancy, but I feel like I'd prefer to be in Paris. Looks like we applied to the same places :biggrin:

Well, I don't have my end of the year grades yet, but I have some APs and my SAT grades.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by ugk4life
hi all.

anyone applied for economics and philosophy?

Yes, but haven't heard yet :frown:
Original post by TERMStudent
Congratulations to you too :smile:

I picked French at Paris, but I'm thinking of reconsidering and making Nancy as my first choice. I have a lot of German history in my family so I'm definitely drawn to Nancy, but I feel like I'd prefer to be in Paris. Looks like we applied to the same places :biggrin:

Well, I don't have my end of the year grades yet, but I have some APs and my SAT grades.

I am also a bit torn between Paris and Nancy.. let's see what campus they have chosen for us!
I am not 100% sure but I heard that it's only possible to gain an unconditional offer if you already have your final grades and graduated from high school.
But I still hope that we'll all get an unconditional offer, would be great :biggrin:
Omg...I just received the same message from UCL saying that I will be recommended for an offer for the DUAL Degree!

I cannot believe it!! Especially after I received a rejection from the normal ESPS last Friday... Does it now mean that we are in? Track has not changed to far for me!?

I picked Paris and Poitiers but I did not know that I had to be able to speak Spanish for Poitiers which is why I will go for Paris, I guess...

And I was on the assessment day on the 29th February too! Was one of you the Italian girl "not knowing enough about her own history"? :P

This is all so exciting!
Reply 3664
Original post by MissPellings
Omg...I just received the same message from UCL saying that I will be recommended for an offer for the DUAL Degree!

I cannot believe it!! Especially after I received a rejection from the normal ESPS last Friday... Does it now mean that we are in? Track has not changed to far for me!?

I picked Paris and Poitiers but I did not know that I had to be able to speak Spanish for Poitiers which is why I will go for Paris, I guess...

And I was on the assessment day on the 29th February too! Was one of you the Italian girl "not knowing enough about her own history"? :P

This is all so exciting!

Hey! Actually I'm the other Italian girl :smile: I also picked Poitiers as my second choice, but I'm not able to speak Spanish as well, so I'll go for Paris. I guess it definitely means that we have an offer, since the email states that they will send us the "details of the offer". Track has not changed for me either, but I know people who went to the 8th February assessment day whose Track changed about two weeks after they received this email... (What do you look like if I may ask? Chances are we spoke to each other at the assessment day)

This is all so exciting!

Welcome to the dual degree community :biggrin:
I also received a rejection from the normal ESPS programme last friday and I didn't expect at all to get such a mail from UCL :smile:
I just got a mail from Mrs Robinson (asked her yesterday if a recommendation means that an offer is guaranteed):

"We recommend to the faculty, and they make the offers, but I cannot recall that a recommendation of ours has ever been declined. I hope this reassures you.
Sent from my iPhone"

"Sent from my iPhone" is the highlight of the mail :wink:

So we don't have to worry, but I goes I won't stop worrying till my track has been updated :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh man so I do need to worry since I have been rejected from the ESPS before....
I am German and doing a gap year too :biggrin:
I cannot stop worrying until there is an offer...Are you holding any other offers?
Why do you need to worry because of the rejection from the regular ESPS? you don't have to, we've been rejected too :biggrin:

Cool, have we met at UCL during the assessment day?
Wo kommst du her und was machst du in deinem gap year? freu mich, ne Landsmaennin gefunden zu haben :smile:

I am holding an offer for European Studies/French pathway at King's College London, and I'm still waiting for European Studies/French+Russian (I am half Russian) at Bath uni and European Studies/French+Spanish at Edinburgh uni.
But the ESPS dual degree is definitely my first choice :smile:
What about you, where did you apply and what did the unis reply?
I still wonder how come that we are rejected for ESPS and then accepted to the DUAL Degree in the same course - do you think there are fewer applicants? It seems as if the DUAL one was less competitive, does it not? It sounds odd to me because the DUAL Degree is in my eyes even more amazing than the normal ESPS :wink:

Ich komme aus Bayern, mache FSJ Politik in Berlin
- Spitze, dass wir uns so kennenlernen :biggrin:

I am holding an offer for PPE at Durham, withdrew my application from King's College and I am waiting for LSE Politics and Philosophy and DUAL BA program Science Po / Columbia University.

The program at King's College sounds amazing! I should have applied too :P - But right, Dual Degree is just outstanding!! :smile:

So the Dual degree is my first choice too - If I get into Columbia I will only have to choose between there and London but nothing heard back from them yet :smile: - I would be extremely happy if I could go to Paris and London! And at the moment I just want to hold a firm track offer for it :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah me too! I was very surprised to get an offer for the dual degree after the rejection from the normal programme but I don't think that it forcibly means that the dual BA was less competitive.
Maybe it was because of our double application: recently I read a post that said that if you apply twice to UCL, they won't give you two offers because they know that you will have to decline one of them.
So it could be kind of a strategy of the uni :biggrin:

Wow, what exacly are you doing during your FSJ Politik in Berlin?
I am currently doing a European Voluntary Service in a Parisian suburb called Viry-Chatillon and once a week, I am working with other volunteers in a youth center in Paris :smile:

The dual BA Sciences Po/Columbia sounds amazing! Good luck with your application, I hope you'll get in!
It will be a difficult decision between UCL and Columbia, but both places are awesome, so it's nice to have the possibility to choose between them :smile:
I also considered applying for theprogramme, but then I decided not to do it due to financial reasons :frown:
I really need Bafög (for everybody who is reading this and doesn't come from Germany: Bafög is a student funding system managed my the German state) for my studies and it's not possible get it for a uni in America :s-smilie:

You made good choices on your UCAS app, which course at King's did you withdraw?

I can really understand you, just want the official offer to appear on track! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3671
Original post by TERMStudent
Hey I just saw that you guys just heard back from ESPS as well! I heard back today - got the same e-mail. I'm from the US so I did my interview over Skype.

Do you think we're getting unconditional or conditional offers? To me it sounds unconditional since she said we have a place, but I'm not sure.

I'm from the US as well!! But my interview was just over the phone. And I'm not doing the Dual Degree, just majoring in Spanish. Also, I got a conditional offer, but it's not too bad. Just 2 5's on my AP's- one definitely in Spanish, and one in either MEH or Lit. :smile:
Original post by VoyageuseCurieuse
Welcome to the dual degree community :biggrin:
I also received a rejection from the normal ESPS programme last friday and I didn't expect at all to get such a mail from UCL :smile:
I just got a mail from Mrs Robinson (asked her yesterday if a recommendation means that an offer is guaranteed):

"We recommend to the faculty, and they make the offers, but I cannot recall that a recommendation of ours has ever been declined. I hope this reassures you.
Sent from my iPhone"

"Sent from my iPhone" is the highlight of the mail :wink:

So we don't have to worry, but I goes I won't stop worrying till my track has been updated :redface:

Hi! I was also on the assessment day on the 29th of February - I probably met and spoke to some of you there :smile: I received the same email yesterday that was not very clear so thanks a lot for posting Tessa's answer - although I will also wait until my track has been updated not to worry at all...

Are some of you planning to attend the Science-Po Paris open day on the 31st of March?
Original post by AlexandraH
Hi! I was also on the assessment day on the 29th of February - I probably met and spoke to some of you there :smile: I received the same email yesterday that was not very clear so thanks a lot for posting Tessa's answer - although I will also wait until my track has been updated not to worry at all...

Are some of you planning to attend the Science-Po Paris open day on the 31st of March?

Hey, where are you from? :smile:
I didn't even know that there is a Sciences Po open day in Paris, so thanks a lot for the info! did you find it on the website? Is it necessary to register?
Would love to go there and the 31st would be great!
Hope to meet some of you guys :smile:
Open Day sounds fantastic! We should all go :P
..So do you guys want to meet in Paris and stay at the same hostel? Group experience :biggrin:
I am living 25min with the RER (suburban train) from Paris and I have a guest mattress :biggrin: so just tell me if someone wants to stay at my place :smile:
I would love to take that offer :biggrin: :biggrin:
...I first need to look if there is a cheap flight but if there is one DEAL :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh no, just remembered that a friend will be visiting during the weekend from the 30th to the 1st April, so the guest mattress is already taken.
But my room is quite big so it's still possible if someone wants to bring a sleeping pad or something like this :smile:
guess we posted at the same time :biggrin:
I would love to take that offer :biggrin: :biggrin:

Do you have a sleeping pad and bag? that would be great! and the friend of mine who will be visiting is also German :smile:

Or maybe I could ask in my residence for a second guest mattress, I'll check with the head office!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending