The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here have Chemistry offers? :smile: how long after the interview did you get them?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3721
Still waiting for my track to update for my offer....its been 3 and a half weeks since I went to the open day for Economics L100 :frown:
Original post by Taurus
Still waiting for my track to update for my offer....its been 3 and a half weeks since I went to the open day for Economics L100 :frown:

That's weird, I went to the econ open day in feb and it came through 6 days later. But if they haven't replied to anybody who went then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about yet.
Reply 3723
Hey I have some doubts, maybe anyone of you could help me. I recieved an invitation for the Open day for Languages on 21st March... in one letter they wrote me that whether I will recieve an offer is dependent on my attendance at the Open Days and later, that it's not compulsory. I have already booked a flight to London, do you think it is the right decision to go?
Reply 3724
Original post by i-am-aya
Hey I have some doubts, maybe anyone of you could help me. I recieved an invitation for the Open day for Languages on 21st March... in one letter they wrote me that whether I will recieve an offer is dependent on my attendance at the Open Days and later, that it's not compulsory. I have already booked a flight to London, do you think it is the right decision to go?

Well it's not compulsory but if you want an offer I think you'd better go :P
Can some Philosophy & Economics offer-waiter :tongue: comfort me that I'm not the only one ? ...
Reply 3726

I'd personally say that it is the right decision to go. With going the open day, you'll really get a feeling for the department as well as the university as a whole!

I went to the language open day on Wednesday and I'd definitely recommend going. It is a long way away to travel to, however if its going to be where you might spend the next 3/4 years of your life, you should try to visit. You'll really get a feel for the place and whether or not you can see yourself studying there. Also, you'll have the chance to ask any questions you have about the course, London, etc. :smile:
Reply 3728

Hey. Seeing as you're from Poland (I'm from Denmark), I'm certain you'll get the offer regardless of your attendance. That, at least, is what Gemma wrote to me.

However, no doubt that it's probably a good idea to attend it, and I sure can't wait to this Wednesday, let alone the next several years.
Reply 3729
Original post by Studentt30
That's weird, I went to the econ open day in feb and it came through 6 days later. But if they haven't replied to anybody who went then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about yet.

Thanks, I sure hope it comes soon, but I guess I'll have to be a bit more patient I guess :redface:
Hi, I applied for MSc software system engineering and waiting for decision.
Any one who also applied for the same is requested to share experience or any kind of information about the admission process would be helpful. From last 25 days it says application complete. Do the rejected applications get response in such time?
Thank you
Reply 3731
so, as I already know I am going to London- is any one going to be there on the Open Days on 21st March? :smile:
Reply 3732
Can I ask are there anyone who has received the open day invitation or offer for mechanical engineering yet? cuz I've been waiting since the middle of Oct and still haven't got reply.... :frown:
Original post by LosBlanq
Hey. Seeing as you're from Poland (I'm from Denmark), I'm certain you'll get the offer regardless of your attendance. That, at least, is what Gemma wrote to me.

However, no doubt that it's probably a good idea to attend it, and I sure can't wait to this Wednesday, let alone the next several years.

You're from Denmark? Me too! Have you got an offer from UCL? and which school do you go to?

And you don't have to go to the UCL open day if you're from abroad - I didn't go, and I got an offer, so I'm sure of this :smile: You get invited, but they say that they don't expect you to come ..
Reply 3734
Original post by CathrineS
You're from Denmark? Me too! Have you got an offer from UCL? and which school do you go to?

And you don't have to go to the UCL open day if you're from abroad - I didn't go, and I got an offer, so I'm sure of this :smile: You get invited, but they say that they don't expect you to come ..

Yep, Niels Brock in Copenhagen, and I've gotten the recommendation for Language and Culture.

But the open day thing is my point exactly, I've been explicitly told that attendance isn't needed, so it should be the case for all EU students.

Anyhow, what about you? Your current school/city and course at UCL? :-)
Original post by LosBlanq
Yep, Niels Brock in Copenhagen, and I've gotten the recommendation for Language and Culture.

But the open day thing is my point exactly, I've been explicitly told that attendance isn't needed, so it should be the case for all EU students.

Anyhow, what about you? Your current school/city and course at UCL? :-)

Niiice - I went to Niels Brock in 1.g. but realised I hated business so I changed to Copenhagen International School in Hellerup, and now I'm on a gap year :smile: Taler du dansk?

I've firmed my offer for Psychology at UCL so I'll definitely be going :redface: Just out of curiosity - How come you're applying to unis in England instead of Denmark? Or are you applying both places?
Anyone else waiting for PHILOSOPHY & ECONOMICS? :afraid:
Two more weeks of waiting at most! hopefully they are not going to let us wait until the 30 (as 31st is on Saturday and I do not think they work on weekends).
I am still waiting on an offer for L100, not so confident atm. I read on TAELT that apparently they are giving out 600 offers for 180 places.. So statistically, not even a third of the offer holders will meet the requirements :frown:
Reply 3738
Original post by franchesskah
Two more weeks of waiting at most! hopefully they are not going to let us wait until the 30 (as 31st is on Saturday and I do not think they work on weekends).
I am still waiting on an offer for L100, not so confident atm. I read on TAELT that apparently they are giving out 600 offers for 180 places.. So statistically, not even a third of the offer holders will meet the requirements :frown:

Well, according to UCAS they can respond later than May 31st, that date is just a guideline apparently... Which is both comforting and not at the same time.
Reply 3739
Original post by CathrineS
Niiice - I went to Niels Brock in 1.g. but realised I hated business so I changed to Copenhagen International School in Hellerup, and now I'm on a gap year :smile: Taler du dansk?

I've firmed my offer for Psychology at UCL so I'll definitely be going :redface: Just out of curiosity - How come you're applying to unis in England instead of Denmark? Or are you applying both places?

Jep, jeg taler dansk.

Reasons? Well, higher academic level, international university, unbelievably fitting course that's unparalleled here, easier access to further studies, new country (+huge city) and my much needed independence. It would probably require one heck of a psychologist to convince me to stay at this point, maybe you could test your talents? ;-)

Latest

Trending

Trending