The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maitai
Well, according to UCAS they can respond later than May 31st, that date is just a guideline apparently... Which is both comforting and not at the same time.

Wait what? May 31st?! Well this is the email they sent me:

Thank you for your email regarding your application for admission to the
Economics L100 course at UCL.

I can confirm that your application has been received and passed on to the
Admissions Tutor. I am afraid that it is not possible to give an exact
indication of when you will be informed of the outcome of your application
due to the large number of applications we receive, but our deadline for
notifying applicants is 31st March 2012.

I think it is pretty clear that they are going to reply until the 31st, at least for those who applied before January 15th
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3741
Original post by franchesskah
Wait what? May 31st?! Well this is the email they sent me:

I think it is pretty clear that they are going to reply until the 31st, at least for those who applied before January 15th

Oh my goodness, I totally meant March :/ haha. It's just that some universities do take a longer time and I wasn't sure if UCL was going to be one of those or not.
Original post by LosBlanq
Jep, jeg taler dansk.

Reasons? Well, higher academic level, international university, unbelievably fitting course that's unparalleled here, easier access to further studies, new country (+huge city) and my much needed independence. It would probably require one heck of a psychologist to convince me to stay at this point, maybe you could test your talents? ;-)

I'd write in danish, but I'm not sure other people would appreciate it .. :smile: Anyway, I do everything I can to convince people to study in the UK so I'm not gonna try doing the opposite with you! Besides, it would be nice to have another dane around :smile: Did you apply to any other unis? And are you definitely choosing UCL?
Reply 3743
hey guys I know I am kind of crashing into this convo. I got an offer for ESPS (spanish) too and I created a group on FB for ESPS offer holders to get to know each other so yeah feel free to join its called UCL ESPS OFFER HOLDERS 2012 :smile:
Reply 3744
Original post by CathrineS
I'd write in danish, but I'm not sure other people would appreciate it .. :smile: Anyway, I do everything I can to convince people to study in the UK so I'm not gonna try doing the opposite with you! Besides, it would be nice to have another dane around :smile: Did you apply to any other unis? And are you definitely choosing UCL?

There's PM for Danish, if you want to. :-)

But yes, assuming they do want me, I don't mess up the last months of school, etc., it's UCL, no doubt about that. With that said, I did apply to other unis, so there's backup available as well.

Anyway, I take it you haven't succeeded in convincing other Danes, then?
Original post by TurboCretin
The interviews aren't strenuous. They just want to make sure you know what you're signing up for. A lot of students in the past have dropped out because they think it's going to be like English Lit or something. If you want to prepare, read a few chapters of Pinker's The Language Instinct. Read further than that if you want, but all that'll happen on the day is they'll have a chat with you about why you like the look of the course.

Ah thanks for your help! I got a conditional offer AAB woop :biggrin:
Reply 3746
just got an offer for civil engineering!! :smile:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3747
Original post by Eric_lee
just got an offer for civil engineering!! :smile:)

Congratulations!! :smile:
Reply 3748
hi everybody
i'm an italian student and i'm not going to attend ucl in 2012 but (I hope) I'll do it in 2013.
I'm looking for information about the economics course
is it good enough to work either in finance or as a consultant/auditor?
can it be compared with the lse' or warwick's one?
what's the relationship between the univesity and the employers?are there possibilities to find a good job?
thanks a lot
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by guidino
hi everybody
i'm an italian student and i'm not going to attend ucl in 2012 but (I hope) I'll do it in 2013.
I'm looking for information about the economics course
is it good enough to work either in finance or as a consultant/auditor?
can it be compared with the lse' or warwick's one?
what's the relationship between the univesity and the employers?are there possibilities to find a good job?
thanks a lot

Not really the thread for these sort of questions.

But if I had to give a PERSONAL opinion : for course i'd say LSE>UCL>Warwick in that order (close between UCL and Warwick), for employment in finance: LSE > Warwick / UCL (UCL and Warwick are pretty level again).

Going to either of these 3 Universities, especially doing a course as competetive as Econ- i'm sure you will do well with either.
Original post by LosBlanq
There's PM for Danish, if you want to. :-)

But yes, assuming they do want me, I don't mess up the last months of school, etc., it's UCL, no doubt about that. With that said, I did apply to other unis, so there's backup available as well.

Anyway, I take it you haven't succeeded in convincing other Danes, then?

Which other unis have you applied to? Have you heard from them yet? I think deadline for them to get back to you is 31st March, so not long to go :wink:

I've convinced plenty! Well .. kinda .. I didn't really 'convince' them, but I'm pretty sure I 'inspired' them to apply to the UK - so now one is going to Oxford(!) and the other, Jakob, is hopefully going to LSE, though he hasn't heard from them yet (fingers crossed) and Jakob has a friend who applied to England because Jakob told him that he was applying, and his friend now has an offer from Imperial! So I'm pretty sure I started a chain there. But I don't know of any other Danes going to UCL this year - let me know when you hear from them!
Reply 3751
Original post by xavier10146
Not really the thread for these sort of questions.

But if I had to give a PERSONAL opinion : for course i'd say LSE>UCL>Warwick in that order (close between UCL and Warwick), for employment in finance: LSE > Warwick / UCL (UCL and Warwick are pretty level again).

Going to either of these 3 Universities, especially doing a course as competetive as Econ- i'm sure you will do well with either.

thank you
Original post by inspiration01
yeeeee boiii! :P hahahaa! well done man!

omg guess what, I met my "friend" at the durham open day xDDD

In the end he got rejected from UCL :frown:

I also recognised one person from Warwick and another from St. Andrews. I basically know everyone applying for computer science now xDD
Reply 3753
Original post by Sweetcorn_1

I also recognised one person from Warwick and another from St. Andrews. I basically know everyone applying for computer science now xDD

CS at UCL? I applied as well./// I did not get an answer....:frown:
Reply 3754

Did your friend get rejected after interview at UCL? For CS?
Original post by AceS4
CS at UCL? I applied as well./// I did not get an answer....:frown:

Yeah I applied for CS @ UCL. Don't worry, just e-mail them if you're really anxious, I hope you get in.

Original post by quizzo
Did your friend get rejected after interview at UCL? For CS?

Yeah. He was only predicted AAB (he told me this at Durham) though, so he already got pretty far by getting an interview.
Reply 3756
Have many people been rejected so far? :s-smilie: worried that those of us still waiting are just waiting for the mass rejection...
Reply 3757
Original post by Tateco
Have many people been rejected so far? :s-smilie: worried that those of us still waiting are just waiting for the mass rejection...

I've been trying to look into it actually... I wouldn't say there's a mass rejection ahead of us really. When you look through the entirety of this thread, as well as the UCL Applicants stalking page, there have been a fair few rejections. I think they've just rejected the people they're certain aren't what they're looking for - and we've been put into the ever-dwindling 'maybe' pile.
Reply 3758
Yeah I applied for CS @ UCL. Don't worry, just e-mail them if you're really anxious, I hope you get in.

Yeah. He was only predicted AAB (he told me this at Durham) though, so he already got pretty far by getting an interview.

That's worrying, didn't know you could get rejected after an Open day invite.
Reply 3759
Original post by maitai
I've been trying to look into it actually... I wouldn't say there's a mass rejection ahead of us really. When you look through the entirety of this thread, as well as the UCL Applicants stalking page, there have been a fair few rejections. I think they've just rejected the people they're certain aren't what they're looking for - and we've been put into the ever-dwindling 'maybe' pile.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait :frown: