The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maemg
Anybody going to the open day on the 1st of February for biochemistry/biotechnology

Hv u got a questionnaire? if yes, when did you get it and how long did it take for them to reply?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1721
Original post by mangostrawberry
Well done! Can I ask which course it is? (I mean SSEES or not) :smile:

V100 - straight History :smile:
Original post by ak726
my friend started using an ipad to take notes in lectures how cool is that!!

Quite, I guess. I'm too creative with the whole note-taking thing though - probably just traditional. :tongue:
Can you guys already start applying for halls?
Original post by ak726
ahhhh, do you knwo what we're supposed to wear?

Hmm, I'm not too sure. I'd go with something smart, but I'm not certain as to whether a suit is over the top or not. :/
Reply 1725
Original post by applying 2012
Hv u got a questionnaire? if yes, when did you get it and how long did it take for them to reply?

Yea I have an offer :biggrin: I got it about a month ago, i submitted my application on the 13th of october . It took them about a week to reply with the offer but i'm living in ireland so they decided that it was unfair to call me for interview. :biggrin:
Original post by Sadsnail
They just said my academic profile wasn't as strong as other people :frown: I am predicted a*a*a as well, what do they want?! They seem to be basing it on GCSE'S!

Hmmmm.....thats weird. What were your AS grades?
Original post by internet tough guy
Hmmmm.....thats weird. What were your AS grades?

Aabb, but one of the b's one unit was a high a and it was the other that let me down to make me just miss an a but I am resiting, I also have extenuating circumstances although they obviously don't care :tongue:
Aabb, but one of the b's one unit was a high a and it was the other that let me down to make me just miss an a but I am resiting, I also have extenuating circumstances although they obviously don't care :tongue:

There are too many ppl with straight As, predicted straight A* so thats not unexpected really. You can wait for LSE. They sometimes make offers even if your As grades are not decent ( depends heavily on your PS )

That seems harsh, your AS's seem reasonably close to your predicted grades. Espicially as their ask is only for aaa-aab, so on paper you meet it. Mate of mine from the year above applied there for geo + econ, he got aab and still got an interview - idk, i think everybody gets an interview beforehand. Obviously its slightly different from your course, but it was stil held ihe geography department and I'm pretty sure his application along with other geo + econ applications were handed by the same people there as well.
Original post by Johnson Ruan
There are too many ppl with straight As, predicted straight A* so thats not unexpected really. You can wait for LSE. They sometimes make offers even if your As grades are not decent ( depends heavily on your PS )

Yeah well LSe want AAB so... :smile: but yeah you reckon il be rejected from LSe?!
Original post by internet tough guy
That seems harsh, your AS's seem reasonably close to your predicted grades. Espicially as their ask is only for aaa-aab, so on paper you meet it. Mate of mine from the year above applied there for geo + econ, he got aab and still got an interview - idk, i think everybody gets an interview beforehand. Obviously its slightly different from your course, but it was stil held ihe geography department and I'm pretty sure his application along with other geo + econ applications were handed by the same people there as well.

Yeah I did kind of at least expect an interview! I'm more worried about my other unis now though! Ucl was like my 3rd choice :smile:
any econ applicants emailed UCL to ask when they might give out offers/rejections. If yes what did they say?
Got a letter saying I'd been recommended for an offer this morning then track updated later on today. AAA for Natural Sciences :smile:
Have UCL filled up all their spaces already? They seem to be giving out loads of offers before the jan 15th deadline.
Yeah well LSe want AAB so... :smile: but yeah you reckon il be rejected from LSe?!

Nope. I meant UCL rejecting you is normal. They are a bit fussy about As grades. LSE, on the other hand, concentrate more on your predicted grades and your PS. If you produced a decent PS, you might be able to get an offer. Be prepared though, there offer will be like A*A*AA for such cases.

Btw, which subjects are you doing?
Nope. I meant UCL rejecting you is normal. They are a bit fussy about As grades. LSE, on the other hand, concentrate more on your predicted grades and your PS. If you produced a decent PS, you might be able to get an offer. Be prepared though, there offer will be like A*A*AA for such cases.

Btw, which subjects are you doing?

Oh haha :smile: Well I am predicted a*a*a for an aab course at lse :smile: I am doing geography, religious studies, psychology
Oh haha :smile: Well I am predicted a*a*a for an aab course at lse :smile: I am doing geography, religious studies, psychology

No Maths at all? That would be a trouble but good luck anyways.
No Maths at all? That would be a trouble but good luck anyways.

It's ba geography not bsc xx
It's ba geography not bsc xx

Surely maths is more important for a BA? With all the economics and that?

Latest

Trending

Trending