The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nearly all of you seem to be the reason why we have all these "energy saving" adverts. :smile:

I shower or bath every other day, and in relation to my friends, I think that's the norm. I wash thoroughly every day though.
Reply 21
Fleece
not washing for 5 days = gross.

Depends on how fast I get dirty, water-waster.
Reply 22
A shower every day.
Reply 23
Wineblood
Depends on how fast I get dirty, water-waster.

You'd get dirty even if you were just sitting around all day.

As for wasting water - i take quick efficient showers - and id rather be clean and hygienic and smell nice than smelly and dirty.
Reply 24
Fleece
You'd get dirty even if you were just sitting around all day.

As for wasting water - i take quick efficient showers - and id rather be clean and hygienic and smell nice than smelly and dirty.

So feel you have to wash everyday ??
Reply 25
Wineblood
So feel you have to wash everyday ??

Depends. If i've done sport then yes. Some days i shower every other day and have a wash on the day in between. If i'm going out in the evening then i may have two (one in morning, one in evening). i certainly wouldnt go more than 2 days without showering though.
Reply 26
Fleece
i certainly wouldnt go more than 2 days without showering though.

Pfff, it's worth doing once in a while.
Reply 27
Probly once every other day, i tend to get really dry skin /hair if i bath/shower everyday :rolleyes:
Reply 28
At uni it's pretty much everyday, especially if I'm going out. At home my mum moans if I have one every other day, but that's my minimum :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Wineblood
Pfff, it's worth doing once in a while.

my hair goes really greasy and horrible though if i dont wash it every other day :frown:
Reply 30
My hair doesn't get greasy til the third day, woo. I'd never wash it every day - I wouldn't wanna dry it out.
Reply 31
Fleece
my hair goes really greasy and horrible though if i dont wash it every other day :frown:

Same, which is why I usually can't stand it after 3 days.
Reply 32
i wash my hair every other day otherwise it goes greasy.
Reply 33
once a day, unless for some reason i dont feel gross.

ie, didnt feel gross yesterday, so didnt shower.

however, i felt gross this morning so i did, and going out tonight so will shower again.

i say it averages over 1 a day
Reply 34
Fleece

It gets used to being washed every day and so dries out, and therefore produces 'grease' to add moisture. If you didn't wash your hair so often, it wouldn't get greasy so often.
I understand that being clean is good, but it doesn't matter THAT much...I've gone 5 days without a shower before. Doesn't kill you.
Everyday - sometimes twice. I'm a smelly bastard so I need it.
I shower everyday but im going to take note and follow what my brother does from this day onwards - that is to have a shower prior to going to sleep - in the hope that it will do some good for my skin which is admittedly at a low ebb at the moment - bad diet, too late going to bed...and little exercise, all of which im attempting to eradicate and improve.

So one shower per day, on every morning - i would indulge in having a nice long soak in the bathe every now and then, but as pubic hair has somehow managed to find its way into our bath, house shared with 3 students, thats out of the question.
Reply 37
i've gone two weeks without washing my hair. it was so greasy it was straight!
Reply 38
If I'm going to be going out (i.e. out of the flat) I'll have a shower that morning - if not, I won't bother.

And to all you people who are banging on about how you'd rather feel 'clean and hygenic' - you are aware that if you use deodorant you won't actually start smelling like King Kong for a few days? People will not run in terror because you didn't indulge in your hourly hygiene kick that morning... most people won't even notice.
Reply 39
catryn
i've gone two weeks without washing my hair. it was so greasy it was straight!

Weird, mine curls after some time.

Latest

Trending

Trending