The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuredoc77
So.... my uni is officially merging with UCL :ninjagirl:

:ahee:

What have you been up to today? Not seen you on tsr for a while.
Original post by firestar101
What have you been up to today? Not seen you on tsr for a while.

I was away from home for a little while :ninjagirl:

But I'm back now :yep:
Reply 262
Original post by dmz
drig. Just listening to drake and making shopping list for uni
Does anyone know what else i need for the kitchen other than pots, plates, Cutlery, wok?

cooking utensils? knives & chopping board? (if you're in self-catered accomm ofc). bottle opener! tin opener. a mug? saucepan/frying pan? i got all my stuff from ikea dirt cheap :biggrin:
Reply 263
I was away from home for a little while :ninjagirl:

But I'm back now :yep:

so when you graduate, will your degree be from UCL?
Reply 264
Original post by Dilzone
cooking utensils? knives & chopping board? (if you're in self-catered accomm ofc). bottle opener! tin opener. a mug? saucepan/frying pan? i got all my stuff from ikea dirt cheap :biggrin:

Oh Yea! Thanks! About how much did you spend?
Reply 265
Original post by dmz
Oh Yea! Thanks! About how much did you spend?

the frying pan was £1/£2, a bunch of like 6 big spoons/spatulas for cooking was something similar. i got a wok for like £3, chopping board at £1, utensils (enough for me and my brother) for like £2 and a set of four knives for a few pounds. plus i found a couple of saucepans elsewhere for £2ish. oh and a plate and bowl for less than a £1. gotta love ikea :biggrin:

i probably spent less than £20 overall. haven't got a tin or bottle opener yet though.
Reply 266
Original post by Dilzone
the frying pan was £1/£2, a bunch of like 6 big spoons/spatulas for cooking was something similar. i got a wok for like £3, chopping board at £1, utensils (enough for me and my brother) for like £2 and a set of four knives for a few pounds. plus i found a couple of saucepans elsewhere for £2ish. oh and a plate and bowl for less than a £1. gotta love ikea :biggrin:

i probably spent less than £20 overall. haven't got a tin or bottle opener yet though.

just looked on it. 3 pots for 2.32, 20 Cutlery for 1.62. That is dirt cheap. Made a list for the bathroom yet?
Reply 267
found this now tho a bit extensive (was that the right word? Yay me!)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University
Reply 268
Original post by dmz
just looked on it. 3 pots for 2.32, 20 Cutlery for 1.62. That is dirt cheap. Made a list for the bathroom yet?

yep, they have a really cheap wok as well, and the plates and stuff are really cheap too. can you link me to the pots? must've missed them when i was there. the cutlery was really good too, and it doesn't matter if you lose them either :smile:

not really, i think i only need a bathrobe. the rest of the stuff i have at home.

Original post by dmz

are you making your what-to-take-to-uni list? don't forget kitchen stuff like salt/pepper etc. the kind of stuff you'd keep on hand all the time. like butter and jam and sugar and tea! i'm so excited for uni :biggrin:

Gang members in London usually refer to each other as "blood". It means family to them. I just find it funny, so I say it quite often.

You will hear back. Have you sat the entrance test, yet?

ah ok :tongue: hah! lol

nope it is in exactly one week :afraid:

So.... my uni is officially merging with UCL :ninjagirl:

:ahee:

:woo:

Original post by dmz

Whatever do you mean! I bet you need everything on that list :fuhrer: I mean you wont be able to go to shop if you miss anything from that list! :shock:

though you totally need a lava lamp when you have all your ladies over :wink:
Reply 271
Original post by MizzCupcakes
Whatever do you mean! I bet you need everything on that list :fuhrer: I mean you wont be able to go to shop if you miss anything from that list! :shock:

though you totally need a lava lamp when you have all your ladies over :wink:

i don't think I'll need the tampons :tongue: hope not, much better ways to make friends with girls than telling them you have a tampon to spare if they need one :rofl:

lava lamp? I want a lamp with a purple bulb(like night lights) so the room's like purple. I can then call it the pimp crib :rofl:

Original post by dmz
i don't think I'll need the tampons :tongue: hope not, much better ways to make friends with girls than telling them you have a tampon to spare if they need one :rofl:

lava lamp? I want a lamp with a purple bulb(like night lights) so the room's like purple. I can then call it the pimp crib :rofl:

Nosebleeds dude! For the times they will knock you in the face because you got caught in the making :yes:

:laugh: pimp crib :giggle: though first I hope you have a fur coat and a hat with a feather to go with that :teehee:
Reply 273
Original post by Dilzone
yep, they have a really cheap wok as well, and the plates and stuff are really cheap too. can you link me to the pots? must've missed them when i was there. the cutlery was really good too, and it doesn't matter if you lose them either :smile:

not really, i think i only need a bathrobe. the rest of the stuff i have at home.

are you making your what-to-take-to-uni list? don't forget kitchen stuff like salt/pepper etc. the kind of stuff you'd keep on hand all the time. like butter and jam and sugar and tea! i'm so excited for uni :biggrin:

it was £6.12:tongue: must have seen something else for 2.32 http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/cooking/20633/

don't think I'll need a bathrobe with en suite. Guess I'm on a mission today :tongue: mum wants to do it with me tho so i need to wait for her to wake up.

Oh yea, Thanks! So am i but tryin not jinx it cos it always end up **** for me when I'm too optimistic lol
Reply 274
Nosebleeds dude! For the times they will knock you in the face because you got caught in the making :yes:

:laugh: pimp crib :giggle: though first I hope you have a fur coat and a hat with a feather to go with that :teehee:

Hahaha Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Haha all purple of course. Why a feather? That's more native American :laugh: a walking stick too and a purple suit

Original post by dmz
Hahaha Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Haha all purple of course. Why a feather? That's more native American :laugh: a walking stick too and a purple suit

You know you can always count on me :wink:

nah for reals though :cute:

like this of course:

yes! :tongue:imp: and you totally have to get a pimpajamas :rofl:

:teehee:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz

What about for nosebleeds? :ninja:

A dark light would be awesome too :holmes:

Please tell me you have/are getting a pimp cane? :colone:
I am incredibly bored :nothing:
Original post by dmz
it was £6.12:tongue: must have seen something else for 2.32 http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/cooking/20633/

don't think I'll need a bathrobe with en suite. Guess I'm on a mission today :tongue: mum wants to do it with me tho so i need to wait for her to wake up.

Oh yea, Thanks! So am i but tryin not jinx it cos it always end up **** for me when I'm too optimistic lol

:facepalm: i have yet to get anything gonna start getting stressed soon :sigh:
are the ikea pots any good :eyeball: cheap for ftw :yep:
I am incredibly bored :nothing:

:hi: me too.......tho i am supposed to be looking for some recipes need to sharpen upmy cooking skills only like another 4 months left :nutcase:

Latest

Trending

Trending