The Student Room Group
cud talk about the fact that law is supposed to keep order in society which is supposed to protect ppl and satisfy their needs and an unjust law compromises this which is its aim in the first place?
Reply 2
You could raise the point of the problem of definition of a `just` law in the first place, and so conversely an `injust` law.

What is held to be unjust will depend on the people looking at it, ie, every law will be interpreted differently, so does this mean as every law will be thought of as unjust by someone, does this mean there is no law????
Reply 3
thanks guys thats helpful , its just i kind of need some authority to back this up which is what i am struggling with. have some ideas and quotes i.e st augustion but lacking in that dept.
Ok Take a look at fuller when he examines the rule of law.

Finnis deals with this as well.

Raz takes the opposite view.
JOJO X
any ideas for this essay
'an unjust law is no law'
would be appreciated :smile:

Ok having seen this I know for sure you go to Nottingham uni and trying to work out which question to do for understanding law coursework. How do I know this? As I was about to post looking for help on the first question "without law there is no order" discuss
Really have no idea what books to use!
We had that q for understanding law and most screwed it up. I got an 2.1 and I just used jurisprudence books, and Clarkson and Keating. (I think Brownsword too).

I rabbited on about Hart and Dworkin, not sure why, but it go me a better mark than the vast majority who made it all up
How about considering Jury equity/negagition, where a jury decide a law is unjust in the circumstances and thus find someone innocent? Has been heard of happening in murder cases before the advent of an infanticide charge and even nowadays in medicinal cannabis use cases.... although you could counter-balance with the worse form of Jury Equity where someone is cleared of an act that they commited but appeals to the idea that 'he/she got what they deserved', i.e. peadophile vigilantie cases, gay bashings, etc?

Latest

Trending

Trending