The Student Room Group

For those wanting to go back to Ontario from the UK after obtaining an MPharm degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Is the pre-reg year necessary if we are planning on coming back to practise in Canada?
Reply 21
Hey guys! I know its been 3 years since this thread was started, but did you guys end up coming back to Canada and passing the PEBC exams?
Would like to know as well! Please reply :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by CoolDude

Hey CoolDude! Are almost done your pharmacy degree? If so, do you have any plans of moving back to Canada after the 4th year?
I PM'ed you LotusMD
Original post by CoolDude

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated this post in so long, I thought I'd leave an update here.

I finished my pre-reg with Boots in Chichester in July 2014, and got registered with the GPhC in August 2014, and I've now moved back to Canada and passed both the PEBC evaluating exam and the PEBC qualifying exam.

When I moved back to Canada I managed to find a part-time job with the help of a friend at a Shoppers Drug Mart (which is another large multiple like Boots) and I was working there while studying for the evaluating exam and qualifying exam(if you want more details, please PM me)

Currently, I'm waiting to start my studentship/internship (the practical component similar to the UK pre-reg), and I'm preparing to sit the jurisprudence (law) exam.

I have one major complaint about the registration process in Ontario (specifically) because it has taken so long, and the college does not seem very organized.

In my case, because I was educated overseas (it's different if you studied in the US), and I passed the PEBC on my first attempt, they had to have my application considered by a panel that meets once a month to decide whether or not I needed to complete any extra education to be at the same level as Canadian graduates.

Now, it's important to note that the deadline for applying for a panel review is the 1st of the previous month, and the PEBC exam results came out on the 6th of July (2015), so I'd missed the August panel. That meant waiting until September (a whole 2 months?? that's ridiculous). So I've been waiting until September 17-18 to find out when the panel date is, and no news. So I called them.....and found out that they've only just decided who's going to sit on the panel and still have no idea of a tentative date...

so.....tl;dr: I'm still waiting...

Anyway, if you guys have any questions about the process, or anything let me know, shoot me a PM, or email me at [email protected] (I check this email fairly regularly)

Cheers,

Andrew
Original post by Tototoro
Is the pre-reg year necessary if we are planning on coming back to practise in Canada?

Sorry, for the late reply

Currently, the pre-reg year is not necessary to register in Canada, as long as you have graduated with your MPharm.
Reply 27
Original post by monkeyolsen
Sorry, for the late reply

Currently, the pre-reg year is not necessary to register in Canada, as long as you have graduated with your MPharm.

Lol....that is a very old reply. I have already graduated, got licensed in Canada and have been working for just over a year now haha
Original post by Tototoro
Lol....that is a very old reply. I have already graduated, got licensed in Canada and have been working for just over a year now haha

Yeah sorry haha
I didn't realize there were messages until I got one from someone the other day.

Did you end up doing your pre-reg before coming back then?
What province are you in? The OCP is taking a heck of a long time processing my application for internship....
Hello Andrew Can I take OScE at UK location
Hi Andrew, Can you PM me I want to know more about conversion course uk to Canada. Is pharmacy in Canada saturated ? Do they accept uk pharmacist.

Quick Reply