The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by randombelle
Apparently they looked at them on Monday! I just want to know! Do you know when we find out about interviews? -I worked out that if they tell us 2 weeks before then they have to tell us by next Monday! Surely they can't leave it longer than that! Which college did you apply to? Good Luck! :smile:

I applied to St Annes and yeah, I understand your logic but they might not :/
Reply 21
Apparently they looked at them on Monday! I just want to know! Do you know when we find out about interviews? -I worked out that if they tell us 2 weeks before then they have to tell us by next Monday! Surely they can't leave it longer than that! Which college did you apply to? Good Luck! :smile:

I actually think they are going to tell us on the 25th :frown:
Reply 22
I'm so nervous... have you guys applying to oxford done a foundation year? And do you have online portfolios? :biggrin:
Original post by irina793
I'm so nervous... have you guys applying to oxford done a foundation year? And do you have online portfolios? :biggrin:

Ooh yeah, does anyone here have an online portfolio? If you do, could we possibly have a look? :smile:

It's annoying that UCL don't ask for them, considering the amount of applications they must get. I mean, there must be people applying who don't stand a chance of getting in, and yet they still have to pay to have their portfolio looked at...Unless I read that wrong on their website?
Reply 24
I just got an interview at oxford, christ church! :biggrin: anyone else?
Reply 25
First reply from a unversity :biggrin: got an interview at Plymouth :smile:))
Reply 26
Hey there - So have I - When is yours?
I'm now a bit worried that other people are getting interviews already...We haven't even sent off our applications yet! In fact, I haven't even finished my personal statement. Our college deadline is the end of the second week of December, then they get sent off mid-January. Has anyone else not applied yet?
Reply 28
Original post by Village Whisper
I'm now a bit worried that other people are getting interviews already...We haven't even sent off our applications yet! In fact, I haven't even finished my personal statement. Our college deadline is the end of the second week of December, then they get sent off mid-January. Has anyone else not applied yet?

Everyone from My College has applied, our deadline was 29th October. Some people already have all 5 offers and some Universities have deadlines before the UCAS deadline of the 15th January.
Original post by joelchan
Everyone from My College has applied, our deadline was 29th October. Some people already have all 5 offers and some Universities have deadlines before the UCAS deadline of the 15th January.

Like where? I mean, I'm sure if our deadline is in December then it'll be fine, but it's still a bit worrying...Also, the UCAS art fair thing in London isn't til the 6th December (which we're being forced to go to), and it wouldn't make sense for them to have it then if they expect everyone to have applied already...At least, that's what I'm hoping! :s-smilie:
Reply 30
i'd say don't worry that much, as long as you apply before the deadline comes, you should be fine. You shouldn't feel late only cos many students have applied already - concentrate on really making your personal statement and portfolio stand out
Applying for BA(hons) and foundation fine art courses

A levels: Fine art, D&T: Textiles, General Studies
AS Levels : Fine art, D&T: Textiles, General studies, Photography
Applying at: Colchester Institute, Kingston, Greenwich, Anglia Ruskin, University of Arts London (Chelsea)

Anyone applying for those? Sooo excited, i have my first interview in December :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Subject: Fine Art
A levels: History, Fine Art, Photography,
I've also completed my foundation year with distinction but I’ve got no idea where to apply!
been thinking about brighton but really not sure!
anyone got any suggestions? would be really helpful :smile:
Reply 33
hiyaa
name: katie
applying interior architecture and design

doing extended diploma art and design (equivalent of A-levels)
specializing graphics and textiles
applying to portsmouth, hertfordshire, middlesex, de montford and northampton

any advice on interview and portfolio?

:smile: x
Irina- How was it?!!? what happened? What was the art test like? Tell me all!! x
Reply 35
Irina- How was it?!!? what happened? What was the art test like? Tell me all!! x

haha, well... It was ok, I think. The test didn't really give you much room to be very creative (there were questions like: make a model of a person sitting in the room; draw a skeleton; draw the room from above etc)
And the interviews were ok, honestly I was expecting something really scary and, I dunno, grilling, but the questions weren't that bad. But I did think they were kinda rushed: for instance, in my ruskin interview there were 5 tutors asking questions one after the other and it only lasted 20 minutes, so I dunno how fair an opinion they could make of me after just 1 or 2 question asked per tutor.
Well, that's pretty much it, I guess.... I'll let you know when I receive my letter :biggrin:
Wow- How many interviews did you have? I'm reapplying next year but they gave me good reasoning not to accept me- they liked my work, but i'm doing A Levels in one year, so don't even have the AS results as all my exams are this year so yeh... Do you have any pictures of your portfolio online so I can see what sort of work they like! Fingers crossed for a good letter! :smile:
Hi, I applied for Fine Art last year, and I'm reapplying this year. Currently thinking Brighton for Critical Fine Art, Goldsmiths, Wimbledon (sculpture) and Leeds Uni. No idea for a 5th!
Last year I went for Goldsmiths, Middlesex, Chelsea, Leeds Col. of Art and Design and Newcastle. Had an interview at Notts Trent too. So I know a few things about the interviews and what-not in case anyone needs to know anything :smile:
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Hi, I applied for Fine Art last year, and I'm reapplying this year. Currently thinking Brighton for Critical Fine Art, Goldsmiths, Wimbledon (sculpture) and Leeds Uni. No idea for a 5th!
Last year I went for Goldsmiths, Middlesex, Chelsea, Leeds Col. of Art and Design and Newcastle. Had an interview at Notts Trent too. So I know a few things about the interviews and what-not in case anyone needs to know anything :smile:

Did you get an interview for Leeds College of Art or Goldsmiths? Also, what was the Nottingham Trent interview like?
Reply 39
Wow- How many interviews did you have? I'm reapplying next year but they gave me good reasoning not to accept me- they liked my work, but i'm doing A Levels in one year, so don't even have the AS results as all my exams are this year so yeh... Do you have any pictures of your portfolio online so I can see what sort of work they like! Fingers crossed for a good letter! :smile:

2 interviews, one at the ruskin and one at christ church. Here's my online portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/70167756@N08/

Quick Reply

Latest