The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Sculpture! Oh right, you'll get in easily then. Wish I could've done my foundation course there :frown:

I really dunno how it'll go but hopefullllyy
Where did you do your foundation?

And yaaay not competition :tongue:
Original post by kaylafrances
I really dunno how it'll go but hopefullllyy
Where did you do your foundation?

And yaaay not competition :tongue:

I just did it at my local college, there's nowhere really good for it around here and moving to London is so expensive. Fail for the North right there.

Haha hooray! It's so soul destroying when someone's applying for the same course.
Reply 382
Original post by KED
I do know people who love Chelsea, I think its just so individual, all you can do is go with your gut instinct . The Camberwell Building is a huge hodge podge of old and new and a maze to find your way around (looks like crap from the outside, but the facilities are still excellent) - Chelsea's building IS much more beautiful. The workshop thing is majorly swaying me, I get the impression most other places are like you said - very little scope for really learning skills in workshops that are not attached to your course.

I love the new CSM building, but your first years will be in Archway (ok, but workshops have been really cut down in favour of the new building). Goldsmiths is my other choice,

Who knows, I'll just be happy to get 1 bloody acceptance so I can relax again!

I have to apply to places close to home or easy to travel to cause of work - if I was young and free to choose, Id go to Brighton or Glasgow

Just on the camberwell area though, Ive lived all over london (Camden, Pimlico, Notting Hill) and this has been by far the best place to live, loads of artists in the area, good independent galleries, studios, great food and buses go everywhere in London (I hate the tube).

Haa your reply sounds so much like me I thought I had written it! Like you I would be happy to get 1 offer- having applied to all the usual London/UAL ones! I'm at Camberwell at the moment studying the foundation! I also have to agree that Camberwell is so well served bus wise! - I'm not a fan of the tube and try to avoid it at all costs!
Original post by arty
Haa your reply sounds so much like me I thought I had written it! Like you I would be happy to get 1 offer- having applied to all the usual London/UAL ones! I'm at Camberwell at the moment studying the foundation! I also have to agree that Camberwell is so well served bus wise! - I'm not a fan of the tube and try to avoid it at all costs!

The foundation at Camberwell's huuuge, isn't it? How many people do you know on it? :eek: I have a friend who's on the course as well.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
I just did it at my local college, there's nowhere really good for it around here and moving to London is so expensive. Fail for the North right there.

Haha hooray! It's so soul destroying when someone's applying for the same course.

Yeah tbh it doesn't really matter where you do it as long as it gets you where you wanna be. Haha wherebouts are you fromm?

Innnit imagine sitting waiting for your interview at goldsmiths...
Hey guys!!! An answer before midday deadline would be useful, haha: where are you guys uploading your images for Goldsmiths? It's the link where it says "BA Fine Art Uploading", right? Because I know someone who has uploaded them all in the "Blog Profile" - I don't even know how she found it - and I'm a leetle confused.
Reply 386
Original post by Princeling
Hey guys!!! An answer before midday deadline would be useful, haha: where are you guys uploading your images for Goldsmiths? It's the link where it says "BA Fine Art Uploading", right? Because I know someone who has uploaded them all in the "Blog Profile" - I don't even know how she found it - and I'm a leetle confused.

Yep! Its the place called ba fine art uploading, geez ive only got my essay left to put up but im undecided
Reply 387
Geez i just really dont know what they are looking for with this essay! do I show and send early stages of development 2 years ago, or do I show present state of mind a made up recent essay?! WHAT THE HELL, does this matter? >.<
Original post by Soares
Geez i just really dont know what they are looking for with this essay! do I show and send early stages of development 2 years ago, or do I show present state of mind a made up recent essay?! WHAT THE HELL, does this matter? >.<

Not really; they just want to glance at your level of writing!! Don't stress, just send your best piece.

Also, TIP: if you're really nosy and you click on your name on the top right corner and then BAFA > Participants (click this), then you can see all the 1043 people who have applied to Goldsmiths Fine Art BA. Some of them have uploaded avatars, websites and really, quite funny little paragraphs about themselves. :colone:
Reply 389
Not really; they just want to glance at your level of writing!! Don't stress, just send your best piece.

Also, TIP: if you're really nosy and you click on your name on the top right corner and then BAFA > Participants (click this), then you can see all the 1043 people who have applied to Goldsmiths Fine Art BA. Some of them have uploaded avatars, websites and really, quite funny little paragraphs about themselves. :colone:

Ha! Time to lurk that all day once I've uploaded this.
The thing is, my method of writing is nothing like what it was :s it doesn't even sound like me when I read it anymore, even the foundation essays don't sound right :s
Original post by Soares
Ha! Time to lurk that all day once I've uploaded this.
The thing is, my method of writing is nothing like what it was :s it doesn't even sound like me when I read it anymore, even the foundation essays don't sound right :s

You don't have much time left though!! o: Maybe quickly rewrite sections of your old essays?
Reply 391
Dali or Se7en? **** ****
Original post by Soares
Dali or Se7en? **** ****

I would pick Se7en, actually, because they probably want to see more contemporary stuff, but then again... it's just about your writing, so just choose the best one in terms of style, I guess?

there only appears to be 181 in the BAFAAH one.. which is good news for me I guess. I just uploaded myself a little profile pic. I must say this application process i found particularly daunting.. glad i've got it up at least (that sounds good).
Reply 394
I would pick Se7en, actually, because they probably want to see more contemporary stuff, but then again... it's just about your writing, so just choose the best one in terms of style, I guess?

I actually uploaded the old dali one, making it clear that it is from A level. **** lets see if this even makes a difference, I sat there at 5 to midday, like **** which do i chose! The se7en one is too incomplete, was just some subconscious **** I wrote after first watching it. no structure etc. needed too much work for such a late time.

Oh man.... lets play the waiting game...................... :confused:
Reply 395
What now though? do we just leave it there in the Fine art uploading area? or is there something we have to press?
Reply 396
And it says.
............. Due date: Monday, 6 February 2012, 05:00 PM ........... Wut?
Didn't they say it was at 12:00 in the email and then use the word midday a billion times since?
Reply 397

If you go to the end of the participants list, youll see that a lot of people have never even accessed it :biggrin:
Original post by Soares
If you go to the end of the participants list, youll see that a lot of people have never even accessed it :biggrin:

Haha YES!!!!
Original post by Soares
And it says.
............. Due date: Monday, 6 February 2012, 05:00 PM ........... Wut?
Didn't they say it was at 12:00 in the email and then use the word midday a billion times since?

Yeah, what????

AND LOL I KNOW RIGHT I saw. I was like, ****... 11 pages of people who had never even accessed the page. Classy.

Quick Reply

Latest