The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 91632
What course are you applying for at Leeds, and have you had your interview?

Fine art for both, not sent my project for lca yet but leeds met is friday
Original post by jadejoanna
Nooo i've not heard anything from them yet :frown:

Oh wait, if you haven't done a foundation (or have you?) you might not get an interview so early. Did you have to do an online portfolio or something? Or haven't they said anything yet? I didn't have to do that, which is probably why I've heard from them first. I wouldn't worry anyway, I wish I'd got a bit more time :smile:

Where's your first choice?
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
I'm not sure, it was a bit weird and only lasted 15 minutes. I was the last one in and they were running 30 minutes late so I kind of felt like they just wanted to go home. Barely looked at half of my work and they were really general questions too :/ I'm kind of disappointed because I really like the course. Ah well.

don't feel bad about it, it's done now and you never know! the tutors at these colleges never give much away so that's no indication.
We're only finding out about camberwell on friday now which doesn't sound that long but after thinking we'd know the day after it feels like they're longing it out bare now i just wannna know nowwwwww
Original post by kaylafrances
don't feel bad about it, it's done now and you never know! the tutors at these colleges never give much away so that's no indication.
We're only finding out about camberwell on friday now which doesn't sound that long but after thinking we'd know the day after it feels like they're longing it out bare now i just wannna know nowwwwww

How did your camberwell interview go? Friday's really soon, but I get what you mean. If they'd told me I'd find out the day after I'd have spent all day refreshing my inbox until I knew :colondollar:
I wouldn't be so put out if I wasn't dead keen on the place, and it hadn't been a 400 mile, 7 hour round trip to get there. I shouldn't live so far away from everything :angry:
Original post by Village Whisper
Oh wait, if you haven't done a foundation (or have you?) you might not get an interview so early. Did you have to do an online portfolio or something? Or haven't they said anything yet? I didn't have to do that, which is probably why I've heard from them first. I wouldn't worry anyway, I wish I'd got a bit more time :smile:

Where's your first choice?

yeah im on a foundation right now but havent heard about an online portfolio or something, my form didnt get sent off until a few days before the deadline though so hopefully its that, leeds college of art i think, proper love it there.
yeah im on a foundation right now but havent heard about an online portfolio or something, my form didnt get sent off until a few days before the deadline though so hopefully its that, leeds college of art i think, proper love it there.

Ooh right, you won't have to do an online portfolio then :smile: Mine got sent about 3 weeks before I think, so you're probably right and they're doing it in order.

I wanted to go to LCA too, until they rejected me :/ Oh well. I might get stuck with NTU, as I assume I'm not getting into Brighton and definitely not the Slade!
How did your camberwell interview go? Friday's really soon, but I get what you mean. If they'd told me I'd find out the day after I'd have spent all day refreshing my inbox until I knew :colondollar:
I wouldn't be so put out if I wasn't dead keen on the place, and it hadn't been a 400 mile, 7 hour round trip to get there. I shouldn't live so far away from everything :angry:

Yeah was good i think... dont wanna jinx it but id really like to know why if i do get rejected not tryna sound like all that but a lot of people in my class have applied and i reckon a lot will get in...
Aww :frown: yeah that'd be proper irritating but you really never know. Did they say when they'd get back to you by? My wimbledon interviews next tuesday eeeeeeeeeeeek
Yeah was good i think... dont wanna jinx it but id really like to know why if i do get rejected not tryna sound like all that but a lot of people in my class have applied and i reckon a lot will get in...
Aww :frown: yeah that'd be proper irritating but you really never know. Did they say when they'd get back to you by? My wimbledon interviews next tuesday eeeeeeeeeeeek

That sounds good then, if you think it went well it probably did :smile:
They said around 3 weeks, but nothing specific. Knowing my luck it'll be mid-March. I'm sure yours will go well! Just hope they're not running half an hour late again :biggrin:
That sounds good then, if you think it went well it probably did :smile:
They said around 3 weeks, but nothing specific. Knowing my luck it'll be mid-March. I'm sure yours will go well! Just hope they're not running half an hour late again :biggrin:

:smile: i'll let you know on fridaayyyy
I think they're coming to do internal interviews like for camberwell (which i think ran late too) so hopefully it wont be as stressful and prettty similar
Just try keep your mind off it... i just wanna hear back from goldsmiths and brighton nowww
and i'm pretty annoyed coz i recently got two photographs which are better versions of the work i submitted in my online portfolio that i can't just change
but apparently that's a silly thing to care about lol
Ooh right, you won't have to do an online portfolio then :smile: Mine got sent about 3 weeks before I think, so you're probably right and they're doing it in order.

I wanted to go to LCA too, until they rejected me :/ Oh well. I might get stuck with NTU, as I assume I'm not getting into Brighton and definitely not the Slade!

Nottingham doesnt seem too bad, i think thats my second seen as though im dreaming if i ever think i could get into Goldsmiths and i want to move away from Manchester, i have everything crossed for LCA :'(
:smile: i'll let you know on fridaayyyy
I think they're coming to do internal interviews like for camberwell (which i think ran late too) so hopefully it wont be as stressful and prettty similar
Just try keep your mind off it... i just wanna hear back from goldsmiths and brighton nowww
and i'm pretty annoyed coz i recently got two photographs which are better versions of the work i submitted in my online portfolio that i can't just change
but apparently that's a silly thing to care about lol

Oh yeah, I forgot you're an internal applicant. Damn you! :smile: I feel the same, I've got work now that's 10x better than what I sent to Goldsmiths - I'm just really hoping I get a chance to show it them!
Nottingham doesnt seem too bad, i think thats my second seen as though im dreaming if i ever think i could get into Goldsmiths and i want to move away from Manchester, i have everything crossed for LCA :'(

Well, you never know, you might get an interview even if you don't actually get a place :smile:

NTU was pretty much my 4th choice, Loughborough being the 5th. What about Leeds Met, didn't you say you applied there? I wish I'd considered going there, but to be honest I wasn't even sure about LCA til I went to the open day. Leeds is really nice! It was only a couple of days until my college UCAS deadline though, so I didn't want to make any drastic changes and I hadn't researched the course at all :frown:

Oh well, I hope you get into LCA, then at least one TSR person will get to go :wink:
Well, you never know, you might get an interview even if you don't actually get a place :smile:

NTU was pretty much my 4th choice, Loughborough being the 5th. What about Leeds Met, didn't you say you applied there? I wish I'd considered going there, but to be honest I wasn't even sure about LCA til I went to the open day. Leeds is really nice! It was only a couple of days until my college UCAS deadline though, so I didn't want to make any drastic changes and I hadn't researched the course at all :frown:

Oh well, I hope you get into LCA, then at least one TSR person will get to go :wink:

yeah thats probably my 3rd or 4th choice, im not even counting goldsmiths haha, i really really really hope so, thank you!
Hello!
Has anyone applied to Edinburgh or Leeds for Fine Art?

Heres my selected portfolio to add to the mix :smile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliviabambrough
Original post by OliviaBambrough
Hello!
Has anyone applied to Edinburgh or Leeds for Fine Art?

Heres my selected portfolio to add to the mix :smile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliviabambrough

I've applied to Leeds!
I've applied to Edinburgh for the 5 year MA in Fine Art... Has anyone heard back yet?! :smile:
I've applied to Leeds!

Ive applied for Leeds uni and not Leeds College of art :smile: If you applied to Leeds uni have you heard anything yet ?
Original post by randombelle
I've applied to Edinburgh for the 5 year MA in Fine Art... Has anyone heard back yet?! :smile:

Yeah I applied for the 5 Year MA, ive only been asked to send them an online portfolio via MyEd, have you heard much? :smile:
Reply 518
Has anyone applied to Chelsea and been shortlisted for interview yet?? :]
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by OliviaBambrough
Yeah I applied for the 5 Year MA, ive only been asked to send them an online portfolio via MyEd, have you heard much? :smile:

No- I applied in early September and submitted the portfolio by the end of October and still haven't heard anything... The trouble is, because I live right down in the south West, I'll have to fly to Edinburgh so knowing early would be really helpful!! Let me know if you hear anything!

Quick Reply

Latest