The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

i dont see where you're getting this 500 word thing from
i just checked my email from brighton and this is what it says about the statement:

'Alongside these images we also require from you a short written statement telling us more about the ideas and interests that underpin your current work, and your ambitions for its future development.'

Nothing about number of words...?
Original post by kaylafrances
i dont see where you're getting this 500 word thing from
i just checked my email from brighton and this is what it says about the statement:

'Alongside these images we also require from you a short written statement telling us more about the ideas and interests that underpin your current work, and your ambitions for its future development.'

Nothing about number of words...?

Mine said this:

As part of our application process, we now need you to make available to us (via a weblink) approximately 12 jpegs of your artwork, together with a short written statement (approximately 500 words) telling us about the ideas that inform your work, your influences and your ambitions for its future development.

And thanks I didn't really think of that safety/plagiarism thing so I will delete the file now seeing as I don't really need it up there anymore.
Original post by joverbena
Mine said this:

As part of our application process, we now need you to make available to us (via a weblink) approximately 12 jpegs of your artwork, together with a short written statement (approximately 500 words) telling us about the ideas that inform your work, your influences and your ambitions for its future development.

And thanks I didn't really think of that safety/plagiarism thing so I will delete the file now seeing as I don't really need it up there anymore.

12 images?
mine was 15-20

this is for brighton yes...?
Original post by Princeling
Nope, mine was on the Wednesday. :/ But my theory is the difference between BA and BFA. Which one did you apply for?

And for the Goldsmiths people, don't lose hope! My friend hasn't heard anything either, and I'm absolutely positive she'll get an interview, so.

Yeah was kind of clutching at straws with that theory lol, just need to accept defeat, the BA, am kind of a theory junkie, at one point, like a year ago I was going to apply for history of art, this was before I realised there's no way I can give up the practical stuff.
Reply 624
Hello, this is my 500 words ( i think i did count?), i just tried to make it more specific and updated compared to my personal statement, which was more general about me as a person. I advise maybe to make it very current about what you're into and working on at the moment and talk about one piece of work in your mini portfolio... seemed to work for me :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jverbe/6786526789/sizes/l/in/set-72157629024563661/

I can't see it but that's fine thank you i think i have more of an idea of what i need to write now! thanks for the help!
12 images?
mine was 15-20

this is for brighton yes...?

Yes Brighton Critical Fine Art...
Subscribing again. Since the update, I don't seem to be getting watched thread notifications if I quote somebody.
Yes Brighton Critical Fine Art...

oh mines for brighton fine art not critial one so maybe makes sense that they were more concerned with how much you wrote
oh mines for brighton fine art not critial one so maybe makes sense that they were more concerned with how much you wrote

They had me a bit worried there with the 500 words thing, too! Mine's fine art too, though (painting), so it's all good. I really want an interview, but I know I'm not going to get one...
Reply 629

Are you a painter?
Original post by joelchan
Are you a painter?

yeah im a painter
Hiiii

Seems like the forum i might find this out...anybody heard from Edinburgh for BA courses yet? Ive sent my digital portfollio off and theyve not got in touch since then and i dont know anyone else that has.
Reply 632
How did you hear from the slade? Letter or email. I've heard nothing ):
Reply 633
Original post by frankpants
Hiiii

Seems like the forum i might find this out...anybody heard from Edinburgh for BA courses yet? Ive sent my digital portfollio off and theyve not got in touch since then and i dont know anyone else that has.

no! Apparently it's next week/by the end of the month we will find out :wink:
Original post by hannahlef
How did you hear from the slade? Letter or email. I've heard nothing ):

We should be hearing by email for interview. Heard nothing either, commiserate with you. :c Stressful weekend.
Hello, this is my 500 words ( i think i did count?), i just tried to make it more specific and updated compared to my personal statement, which was more general about me as a person. I advise maybe to make it very current about what you're into and working on at the moment and talk about one piece of work in your mini portfolio... seemed to work for me :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jverbe/6786526789/sizes/l/in/set-72157629024563661/

Have you got an interview already then?
Original post by arty
no! Apparently it's next week/by the end of tThe month we will find out :wink:

Thankyou! Been getting crazy paranoid.
waiting to hear back from CSM and Goldsmiths is agonising.
Reply 638
Original post by apretentiousartist
waiting to hear back from CSM and Goldsmiths is agonising.

Especially when you know some people have already had replies :frown:
Original post by cocacola123
Have you got an interview already then?

yes as I said in previous posts I've got an interview on 1st march to study the Critical Fine Art Practice course at brighton

Quick Reply

Latest