The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by mhlc
I know!! Im trying to plan my holiday for easter break, but I cant until I know whether or not I got an interview.. and when it is..
I called them, not very helpful but they said something about notifying/ or maybe it was that they were actually having interviews the 1st of march- 16.. not quiteee sure...

I cant imagine them doing their interviews at such short notice :/ Let me know how your application gets on anyway? (: What grades are you predicted ou of interest?

Original post by carnationlilyrose
Edinburgh take ages. Just accept that it's going to be a long wait, and then it's a bonus if they get their act together quicker than usual this year.

Ill Keep that in mind (:
Original post by rayray12310
did any of you happen to apply to glasgow last year and go for interview, i have mine tomorrow, its my top choice and last interview (safe to assume ive been rejected by ucl) and was wondering what to expect from the interview?:confused:

Son was interviewed there 2 years ago and really enjoyed himself. He felt really at ease and that the interviewers (I think there were 2) were really on his wavelength. Came home raving about it. Didn't get in...
Original post by Princeling
Agreed! I think fine art's one of the hardest courses to do at university... not only is getting into university like some kind of sadistic lottery - not dependent on grades or scores, as well as taking so effing long to reply - but we have no sure chance of getting work or being successful once we graduate. But that's why I think those who persevere with this subject have something that others do not: we genuinely love what we do, and believe it is important. That's a gift that most other people won't have. :smile:

Sorry to ask, but was your friend on BA or BFA and did he hear by email or mail? Thanks! x

haha u are obsessssed
BA and i think by track
Reply 843
Son was interviewed there 2 years ago and really enjoyed himself. He felt really at ease and that the interviewers (I think there were 2) were really on his wavelength. Came home raving about it. Didn't get in...

That sounds just like my interview at Wimbledon..I hope I get a positive outcome..it just proves that you can never no!
Original post by kaylafrances
haha u are obsessssed
BA and i think by track

Shush!! :P Thanks! x
Original post by Farout
That sounds just like my interview at Wimbledon..I hope I get a positive outcome..it just proves that you can never no!

You're right. He thought Edinburgh had gone really badly and that they didn't like him, but they offered him a place.:dontknow:Good luck with Wimbledon.
Reply 846
You're right. He thought Edinburgh had gone really badly and that they didn't like him, but they offered him a place.:dontknow:Good luck with Wimbledon.

Thank you, should find out in about a week:]
Original post by Farout
Thank you, should find out in about a week:]

Is this for print and time based media?

Has anyone had a painting iterview at Wimbledon yet?

Anyone heard from chelsea?
Reply 848
Original post by randombelle
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Just got an email from Slade!!!!!!!!!!!!! INTERVIEW!!!!!! hehehehehehehehehe(I promise i'm not happy!!!!)

I've just realised how good your Lancaster offer of BBB is! The prospectus lists their requirements as AAB!! That's amazing. And I;m so Jealous of your Slade interview not even going to lie hahah. I think I'm still going to Lancaster. I love the vibe... probably because I'm northern. My offer was ABB.
Reply 849
Original post by joverbena
Is this for print and time based media?

Has anyone had a painting iterview at Wimbledon yet?

Anyone heard from chelsea?

yeah it was. I haven't heard from chelsea yet, neither has anyone else on my course...
Eugh, why has everyone had good interviews at Wimbledon? It's not fair!
Reply 851
Original post by Nelson94
I cant imagine them doing their interviews at such short notice :/ Let me know how your application gets on anyway? (: What grades are you predicted ou of interest?

Ive already completed all my grades, but they're not the best.. so hoping my portfolio is kind of good enough to scrape by..
Original post by joelchan
I've just realised how good your Lancaster offer of BBB is! The prospectus lists their requirements as AAB!! That's amazing. And I;m so Jealous of your Slade interview not even going to lie hahah. I think I'm still going to Lancaster. I love the vibe... probably because I'm northern. My offer was ABB.

Thankies- I'm not sure about Lancaster or anywhere tbh, I REALLY want to do a foundation! I'm completely tied about what to do, I think I'll wait and see how my Slade interview goes(it's the only one I REALLY want!) but if I don't get in, I think I may do a foundation, save up and really think about which uni's are right for me! How are your applications going? Any news? :smile:
Original post by randombelle
Thankies- I'm not sure about Lancaster or anywhere tbh, I REALLY want to do a foundation! I'm completely tied about what to do, I think I'll wait and see how my Slade interview goes(it's the only one I REALLY want!) but if I don't get in, I think I may do a foundation, save up and really think about which uni's are right for me! How are your applications going? Any news? :smile:

This sounds really wise, speaking as somebody who rushed into a degree and dropped out :smile: good luck with Slade though!
Original post by joverbena
This sounds really wise, speaking as somebody who rushed into a degree and dropped out :smile: good luck with Slade though!

Thank you! That's the exact thing I don't want to happen! I don't want to go to uni, spend loads of money on it then drop out because it's not the right place, course or whatever. :smile:
Just got an interview for BAFAHA at goldsmiths yay
Just got an interview for BAFAHA at goldsmiths yay

Congratulations! The course name sounds like evil laughter!
just got an interview for bafaha at goldsmiths yay

me too! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Reply 858
Thanks so much to everyone that responded to my questions on foundation years etc., I really appreciate it, it's so nice to be part of such a helpful community! I'll keep you updated on what I decide to do - and good luck to all of you that applied this year!!
Congratulations! The course name sounds like evil laughter!

mwahahaha thankkkk you

Original post by Ham_Sandwich
me too! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

YAY!!!!! what time's yours? 21st march??
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest