Art applicants for 2012 entry

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    YAY!!!!! what time's yours?
    12pm on the 14th. 4am start for me, doh When's yours? I'm so happy I think I squealed at the email
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 91632)
    What course?
    fine art
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham_Sandwich)
    12pm on the 14th. 4am start for me, doh When's yours? I'm so happy I think I squealed at the email
    awww! you have to travel farrrr

mines on the 21st like a week later at 4pm
    i squealed too haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    awww! you have to travel farrrr

mines on the 21st like a week later at 4pm
    i squealed too haha
    Awww what? You get a week extra! Art courses are so prejudiced against northerners I'm sure of it
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awww what? You get a week extra! Art courses are so prejudiced against northerners I'm sure of it
    yeah it's weird! i dunno are they? i bet its just all random
    i've already sent back the confirmation slip thing hahaha so keen
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's weird! i dunno are they? i bet its just all random
    i've already sent back the confirmation slip thing hahaha so keen
    Damn, I didn't even read the email. I was too excited
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I didn't even read the email. I was too excited
    idiiiiiiiot hehe what would you do without me

also it only says one essay. someone mentioned you need two... unless that was for brighton?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    idiiiiiiiot hehe what would you do without me

also it only says one essay. someone mentioned you need two... unless that was for brighton?
    I know, facepalm right there. It's 2 for Brighton for some stupid reason, no one does that much writing even on a foundation course!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    congrats on your interviews for goldsmiths,

had my interview at glasgow today, thought it went well, and they accept 20 out of the 80 they invite to interview so odds aren't too bad, but who knows, plus won't find out till the end of march, it's my first choice and the the wait might kill me, why do scottish schools have to take so long??? gah
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayray12310)
    congrats on your interviews for goldsmiths,

had my interview at glasgow today, thought it went well, and they accept 20 out of the 80 they invite to interview so odds aren't too bad, but who knows, plus won't find out till the end of march, it's my first choice and the the wait might kill me, why do scottish schools have to take so long??? gah
    ah good
    are you scottish?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah good
    are you scottish?
    nope from london, currently sitting in an internet cafe in glasgow, train isnt for another hour and a bit, 5 hours each way, not a nice a journey, but i've been catching up on an art essay which was due like a month ago and failing to finish some french translations :/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayray12310)
    nope from london, currently sitting in an internet cafe in glasgow, train isnt for another hour and a bit, 5 hours each way, not a nice a journey, but i've been catching up on an art essay which was due like a month ago and failing to finish some french translations :/
    oh wow it'd be an amazing achievement for you to get in
    we were told they barely accept anyone from england, and so i felt it'd be a waste of a choice but it sounds like you have a good chance
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, congratulations on your interviews for Goldsmiths!

I just got a rejection from Slade. :/ Without interview, yet again. I have interviews for Goldsmtihs and Chelsea, and I find it a real bummer that I didn't even get an interview for UCL. Definitely don't understand their standards at all or what they're looking for, but whatever. I'm going to go and do my best to get into unis I did get interviews for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh wow it'd be an amazing achievement for you to get in
    we were told they barely accept anyone from england, and so i felt it'd be a waste of a choice but it sounds like you have a good chance
    thanks, here's hoping, my tutor said a similar thing and just to be happy that i made it to interview stage, and it doesn't exactly help that they LOVE international students as well because of fees, but i've wanted to go there for like three years so depending on the feedback they give me ill probs do a foundation and then reapply, plus then i could apply for tbm at wimbledon which looks really good.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princeling)

I just got a rejection from Slade. :/ Without interview, yet again. I have interviews for Goldsmtihs and Chelsea, and I find it a real bummer that I didn't even get an interview for UCL. Definitely don't understand their standards at all or what they're looking for, but whatever. I'm going to go and do my best to get into unis I did get interviews for.
    Ahhh Man I did too :/ Oh well I'll live. I still have Lancaster. Has anyone heard from CSM?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I haven't heard from Slade yet.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princeling)

(Original post by joelchan)
    Ahhh Man I did too :/ Oh well I'll live. I still have Lancaster. Has anyone heard from CSM?
    And me. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I had to get my sister to look first though, I was terrified it might be Brighton and I'm not ready for that rejection yet!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelchan)
    I'm sorry, man. :/ I thought your work was good enough to get an interview. Slade seems to have the most random lottery system, because nothing they do makes sense. Good luck with your other unis.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    And me. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I had to get my sister to look first though, I was terrified it might be Brighton and I'm not ready for that rejection yet!
    Seems like everyone got rejected just now. :/ Sorry about it; I find it kind of annoying they accepted people first thing and reject us so much later (and only through track). Would have been much easier to take and less of a headache if they just did the rejections first.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ooo snap with the ucl rejection, tho it really was to be expected

are any of u going to ask for feedback? it might be useful but idk, the email could be kinda awkward

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 22, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.