The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by sarinda.devine
Hey! I got an interview from edinburgh on wednesday night, at the same time as i got my rejection from slade.. so it made me feel a bit better haha, also everyone on my foundation got rejected from slade! craazy, what course are you applying for at edinburgh? they might be doing it at different times..

Shame about the Slade - but wow, congrats on your offer at Edinburgh!
That's wonderful news! :smile:
I applied for their General Art BA, because I haven't done a foundation - did you apply for a specific route? I'm sooo nervous!
Original post by S'mores
Shame about the Slade - but wow, congrats on your offer at Edinburgh!
That's wonderful news! :smile:
I applied for their General Art BA, because I haven't done a foundation - did you apply for a specific route? I'm sooo nervous!

ahh yes i've applied to the 2nd year and into the painting route because i'm doing foundation so it's an equivalent to their first year! Kind of wish i had tried to get into the first year last year but don't think i was really ready! Good luck!
Original post by RunningHam
Ooo, is your interview on the 28th? That's when mine is..

29th!
Original post by joverbena
I'm still waiting guess it'll be another weekend seeing as i doubt there will be news tomorrow on a saturday...

And Wimbledon mostly asked about my work though said he enjoyed reading my statement when i come in so i guess he already got enough info about me from that... oooooh the pain of not knowing :frown:

How long did they tell you you'd have to wait for a reply? Mine said 3 weeks :angry:
Reply 1024
Original post by S'mores
Heyy guys!
Unfortunately I got a rejection from the Slade yesterday... sad times :frown:
Was heartbreaking - especially the little quotation they slipped in there! Harsh!
It's a bit of a relief to hear that I'm not the only one, I guess.
Still waiting on Reading and Edinburgh - I see some of you have offers for Reading! Well done! :smile:
So nervous about Edinburgh - has anyone heard back from them?

Congrats to everyone that got a Slade interview! Good luck!

It's a shame how everyone is suddenly arguing! I guess were all a bit stressed out lately - these unis really do like playing hard to get! Hahah :smile:

You got a quotation from them in a rejection? That sounds really cruel if it's
nasty. I just got an unsuccessful thing on my UCAS.

Has anyone heard for Illustration at Edinburgh?

Also, my last final outcome was a big sculpture and not illustration, do you guys think
that if I get to the portfolio day thing that I should bring a photo of it anyway? I'm really proud of it but it's not illustration at all. My work is
all over the place and not really all that focused in one area and I'm apprehensive since I won't get to explain why that is.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Phlan

Did you click on the course code for UCL on your "Choices" page? They have the rejection letter on there with the lovely little message they added :wink:
Original post by Nelson94
Hey, I've applied to another course (Graphic Design) Whereas you've applied to painting. But in the guidelines which they had sent for us about the Edinburgh portfolio, im sure there is a mention for things not to be rolled up, Im not exactly sure, but thought it was worth a mention.

Goodluck

Yeah I am presuming by that they mean they don't want you to bring work in a portfolio and not just rolled up paper? sounds silly but i have heard of people doing it.. I think its different when you roll up canvas, i do it a lot, Brighton said that you can bring canvas's rolled up to interview.. anyway i've emailed edinburgh to ask! Good luck to you too :smile:
Hello hello! :biggrin: Does anyone here know how long it takes to get a reply form Cardiff once yourve submitted your online potfolio? I'm hoping to hear soon so I can book time off work. Ta muchly!
Original post by sarinda.devine
Yeah I am presuming by that they mean they don't want you to bring work in a portfolio and not just rolled up paper? sounds silly but i have heard of people doing it.. I think its different when you roll up canvas, i do it a lot, Brighton said that you can bring canvas's rolled up to interview.. anyway i've emailed edinburgh to ask! Good luck to you too :smile:

Have you already heard back from brighton? I applied for painting but haven't heard since submitting my Flickr.
Original post by cocacola123
Have you already heard back from brighton? I applied for painting but haven't heard since submitting my Flickr.

I haven't heard anything, either (same course). When was your deadline? Mine was right at the end of January, so nearly a month ago now. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, I'm tired of waiting!

Have you posted your Flickr on here before? I'd be interested to see your work! :smile:
Reply 1030
Is any one else freaking out that they wont be getting in any where?
Thus far i have 2 rejections, ruskin (interview but no further), slade, my wimbledon interview 2 days ago went awfully, havnt heard from falmouth and im not particullally hopefull for my goldsmiths interview now. Any one else feeling like me?
Not particularly. I'm badass
Original post by JWirz
Thus far i have 2 rejections, ruskin (interview but no further), slade, my wimbledon interview 2 days ago went awfully, havnt heard from falmouth and im not particullally hopefull for my goldsmiths interview now. Any one else feeling like me?

Yes! I've had LCA and Slade rejections, I'm pretty much ignoring Loughborough (I got an interview, but I don't want to go really), and I'm fairly sure I'm not getting into Brighton. That leaves me with NTU, and Tuesday afternoon I'll probably be thinking that the interview went badly (fingers crossed it won't, though).

I keep thinking I'll at least have another year to think about stuff/do more work if I don't get in anywhere, but really I'd have to have decided where I wanted to go by November...Which is worrying, 'cause I don't make decisions quickly...

Oh dear. But basically yes, I am also freaking out that I won't get in anywhere :wink:
Original post by cocacola123

I haven't heard for Critical Fine Art either, but my deadline wasn't until mid Feb. More time to do work I guess!
Reply 1034
Original post by Phlan

Hhaha, yeah it's not nasty, just a little painful to read :frown:
I think everyone that got a rejection got it. You can see it if you click 'W100' next to the 'unsuccessful' and the click on 'view decision letter' which is in red. It's quite saddening.

Hopeful to hear from Edinburgh as well, sorry, I don't know what I would do in your place about the sculpture! Wish I could give you advice, but I really don't know.
Good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1035
Original post by JWirz

Yup, worry, worry, worry and a little bit more worry :eek3: Only left with Camberwell Painting (interview was ok but I didnt have much painting to show them), CSM & Chelsea :s-smilie:
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
29th!

Ooo so close. Don't think it's my favourite choice, but as always, I wouldn't say no to getting an offer. :wink:
Original post by RunningHam
Ooo so close. Don't think it's my favourite choice, but as always, I wouldn't say no to getting an offer. :wink:

Yeah me too, they seem to have hundreds and hundreds of interviews so maybe they're not as picky as they make out?
Reply 1038
Original post by S'mores
Hhaha, yeah it's not nasty, just a little painful to read :frown:
I think everyone that got a rejection got it. You can see it if you click 'W100' next to the 'unsuccessful' and the click on 'view decision letter' which is in red. It's quite saddening.

Hopeful to hear from Edinburgh as well, sorry, I don't know what I would do in your place about the sculpture! Wish I could give you advice, but I really don't know.
Good luck!

Original post by Village Whisper
Did you click on the course code for UCL on your "Choices" page? They have the rejection letter on there with the lovely little message they added :wink:

Oh haha I never bothered looking any further after reading unsuccessful.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Yeah me too, they seem to have hundreds and hundreds of interviews so maybe they're not as picky as they make out?

Hmmm.. maybe. I was quite worried that I wouldn't get one anywhere. But luckily that's not been the case. Where's your favourite place?

Quick Reply

Latest